Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Connect an External SCSI Hard Drive to Ultra 80 Post 302333370 by ajnabi on Sunday 12th of July 2009 10:56:22 PM
Old 07-12-2009
Here is the outputs of the commands:
1 ) cfgadm -avl c1
Output is :
AP_Id Receptacle Occupant Condition Information
When Type Busy Phys_Id
c1 connected unconfigured unknown
Dec 31 1969 scsi-bus n /devices/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1:scsi

2) prtdiag -v
prtdiag: not found

3) prtconf | grep -v not

System Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4u
Memory size: 1024 Megabytes
System Peripherals (Software Nodes):

SUNW, Ultra-80
options, instance #0
pci, instance#0
ebus, instance #0
power, instance #0
se, instance #0
su, instance #0
su, instance #1
ecpp, instance#0
SUNW,CS4231, instance #0
network, instance #0
scsi, instance #0
sd, instance #0
sd, instance #6
scsi, instance #1
TSI, gfxp, instance #0
TSI, gfxp, instance #1
pci, instance #1
pci, instance #1
ethernet, instance #2
ethernet, instance #3
pseudo, instance #0
4) ls -l /dev/dsk/c1t1d0

/dev/dsk/c1t1d0: No such file or directory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapfeer
Please provide output from the following commands:
Code:
cfgadm -avl c1
prtdiag -v
prtconf | grep -v not
ls -l /dev/dsk/c1t1d0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hard drive in Sun Ultra 10

What are the options on upgrading disk space in an Ultra 10 workstation? Sun states they are EIDE drives, are they standard or Sun specific? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

2. Solaris

mounting an external scsi tape drive

hi- I just installed a quad gigaswift ethernet scsi card to my sunblade 150. I checked with the docs, and got all of the required drivers on the box. Now, I'm trying to mount an external scsi tape drive with no luck. I set the scsi address on the external drive to 0. Here's what I'm coming... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ECBROWN
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting an external SCSI drive to a unix computer

I am interested in booting up my unix computer by connecting an external SCSI drive( intergraph) to it. The unix box is also an intergraph computer. Whenever I boot it, it gives me an error that says Drive not ready, Insert Boot Diskette in A. What am I doing wrong? Any input would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: teruotor
3 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

The best partitioning schem for a 250GB Sata hard drive & a 75GB SCSI hard drive

Hi I have 2 75GB SCSI hard drives and 2 250GB SATA hard drives which are using RAID Level 1 respectively. I wana have both FTP and Apache installed on them as services. I'm wondering what's the best partitioning schem? I wana use FC3 as my OS, so, I thought I can use the 75GB hard drive as the /... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbijan
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem with SCSI DAT drive on Ultra 10

I will be honest I am quite new to UNIX and Solaris so this may be a simple thing. I have just purchased a Sun (rebranded HP obviously) DAT DDS3 SCSI tape drive for my Sun Ultra 10 running Solaris 10. I have previously fitted a SCSI card to the box which has configured ok and can be seen from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mattw
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

External SCSI hard drive

Someone gave me a small external SCSI hard drive for my SunOS 5.8 test system. How do I make Unix see the hard drive? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Ultra 2 Hard Drive Replacement

Hi all...I have an old Sun Ultra 2 running SunOS 5.7 (I know old). These machines have 2 hard drives and one of my drives fried. I bought some replacement drives and wanted to a simple "dd" command from my one good drive to copy all to the new replacement drive. The new drives however give me a... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: psantinello
11 Replies

8. SCO

Moving hard drive and SCSI adapter to another computer

OK group, it's been 12 years since I worked with SCO. I need some direction here: SCO Openserver 5.07 I have a server with a bad motherboard. I have moved the SCSI adapter and hard drive to another computer. This new server has different hardware so I must install the chipset drivers for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jscholz
1 Replies

9. Solaris

How to make an exact image copy of a SCSI hard drive in Solaris 8 OS?

To Solaris 8 Experts, Please let me know what's the best method / procedure as well as the Solaris 8 commands for accomplishing the following tasks on a production Sun Enterprise 250 Server running Sun Solaris 8 Operating System: 1. Make an exact image/copy of the SCSI Hard Drive in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssabet
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

External hard drive

I have connected an external hard drive. I can't find it. Both ls /media, fdisk -l and ls /dev show nothing. TIA (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
3 Replies
asadmin-stop-instance(1AS)					   User Commands					asadmin-stop-instance(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-stop-instance, stop-instance - stops the specified server instance and all the services associated with it SYNOPSIS
stop-instance [--user admin_user] [--password admin_password] [--host local_host] [--port 4848] [--local=false] [--domain domain_name] [--secure|-s]instance_name Use the stop-instance to stop the instance with the instance name specified. The stop-instance can be run both locally and remotely. The named instance must already exist within the given domain; and the instance must be running. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --local determines if the command should delegate the request to administrative instance or run locally. --domain name of the domain. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. OPERANDS
instance_name name of the instance to be stopped. Example 1: Using stop-instance in local mode asadmin> stop-instance --local --domain domain1 server1 Instance server1 stopped Where: the server1 instance associated with the domain1 domain is stopped locally. Example 2: Using stop-instance in remote mode asadmin> stop-instance --user admin --password bluestar --host localhost --port 4848 server1 Instance server1 stopped Where: the server1 instance associated with the named user, password, host and port is deleted from the remote machine. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Server Instance page asadmin-delete-instance(1AS), asadmin-start-instance(1AS), asadmin-create-instance(1AS), asadmin-restart-instance(1AS), asadmin-start- appserv(1AS), asadmin-stop-appserv(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-stop-instance(1AS)