Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check free space in SVM
Operating Systems Solaris Check free space in SVM Post 302333355 by gnom on Sunday 12th of July 2009 08:34:32 PM
Old 07-12-2009
You have to enter the metadevice # not a softpartition (as root)

sudo metarecover -v -n d208 -p
Verifying on-disk structures on d208.
found incorrect magic number 207d100, expected 20000127.
No extent headers found on d208.
d208: On-disk structures invalid or no soft partitions found.
metarecover: max: d0: bad magic number in extent header

[ss0747@xxx] ~/scripts$ sudo metarecover -v -n d200 -p
Verifying on-disk structures on d200.
The following extent headers were found on d200.
Name Seq# Type Offset Length
d201 0 ALLOC 0 4194305
d202 0 ALLOC 4194305 4194305
d203 0 ALLOC 8388610 7233537
d204 0 ALLOC 15622147 4194305
d205 0 ALLOC 19816452 4194305
d206 0 ALLOC 24010757 4194305
d208 0 ALLOC 32399367 18874369

NONE 0 END 98933151 1
NONE 0 FREE 95313934 3619217
Found 11 soft partition(s) on d200.
Checking sequence numbers.
d200: Validating soft partition metadb entries.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to check free disk space

hello, I have to check the free space on the disk that would work both on Windows and Unix platform e.g on C: \ for Windows and / on Unix. I could use Unix command 'df ' ( my windows system has Unix emulator cygwin and could run 'df ' as well). But I'd like not to rely on system command but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: susja
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

HDD free space check

Hi, I need to add a condition in a script. The script is executed only if there is free 8 Gigas space. I know if then fi I don't know how to write the condition on free space Thanks :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pppswing
1 Replies

3. Solaris

mirroring root disk using svm - but no free slices for metadb's

Hi all, we have an existing system that was configured using just one of the (two) internal disks. I want to mirror the disk using SVM, but have realised there is no free slice for creating the metadb's. Is there a workaround I can use for this? In the past we have always kept slice 7 free -... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Disk space missing under SVM

Hi Gurus, I've got an issue here: (1) Hardware: Sun NetraT1, (2) OS: Solaris 10, (3) SVM metastat shows /var having 12 GB. df shows /var having 4 GB. Real space for /var is about 4 GB since I can't move a big file to it. How is 8 GB space missing? Does /var/run swap need to account? Can I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Check free space in Solaris Volume Manager

I 've 300Gb Lun assigned to my system which has soft partitions , is there any way to check how much the space i have used out of 300Gb ? and how may more soft partitions i can create and expand the existing ones ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

6. Solaris

How to check free space for a metadevice in a diskset

Anyone know then command to check the unallocated disk space for a metadevice in a disk set? like: /dev/md/data/dsk/d830 Something similar to veritas command below is what I'm looking for: vxassist maxgrow <volume> ---------- Post updated at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous update was at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr_Webster
1 Replies

7. Solaris

No space left on device but free space and inodes are available...

hi guys, me again ;) i recently opened a thread about physical to zone migration. My zone is mounted over a "bigger" LUN (500GB) and step is now to move the old files, from the physical server, to my zone. We are talking about 22mio of files. i used rsync to do that and every time at... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta17
8 Replies

8. Fedora

Need to incrwase PHYSICAL VOLUME space on hard drive with free space on it

Hi, I run Fedora 17. I created a physical volume of 30GB on a disk with 60GB of space so there is 30GB of free space. On the physical volume, I created my volume group and logical volumes. I assigned all the space in the physical volume to my volume group. I need to add the 30GB of free space... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Reclaiming space SVM

Hi I have a solaris 10 server, that we no longer will be used, and the system has it storage on the NetApp. Most of the file systems that I have already umounthave the following entry on /etc/vfstab: df -h /ora* Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d400... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Check free disk space in server

Hi, I need about 500G space in one corporate solaris server. However, I am not sure which command to use to check this. There are few volume groups in the server, and I deleted unused, old volume groups to clear some space. However, now I am not sure how to check the free space itself. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
2 Replies
metaclear(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     metaclear(1M)

NAME
metaclear - delete active metadevices and hot spare pools SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/metaclear -h /usr/sbin/metaclear [-s setname] -a [-f] /usr/sbin/metaclear component /usr/sbin/metaclear [-s setname] [-f] metadevice... hot_spare_pool... /usr/sbin/metaclear [-s setname] -r [-f] metadevice... hot_spare_pool... /usr/sbin/metaclear [-s setname] -p component /usr/sbin/metaclear [-s setname] -p metadevice DESCRIPTION
The metaclear command deletes the specified metadevice or hot_spare_pool., or purges all soft partitions from the designated component. Once a metadevice or hot spare pool is deleted, it must be re-created using metainit before it can be used again. Any metadevice currently in use (open) cannot be deleted. OPTIONS
Root privileges are required for all of the following options except -h. -a Deletes all metadevices and configured hot spare pools in the set named by -s, or the local set by default. -f Deletes (forcibly) a metadevice that contains a subcomponent in an error state. -h Displays usage message. -p Deletes (purges) all soft partitions from the specified metadevice or component. -r Recursively deletes specified metadevices and hot spare pools, but does not delete metadevices on which others depend. -s setname Specifies the name of the diskset on which metaclear will work. Using the -s option causes the command to perform its administrative function within the specified diskset. Without this option, the command performs its function on local metadevices and/or hot spare pools. OPERANDS
metadevice ... Specifies the name(s) of the metadevice(s) to be deleted. component Specifies the c*d*t*s* name(s) of the components containing soft partitions to be deleted. hot_spare_pool ... Specifies the name(s) of the hot spare pools to be deleted in the form hspnnn, where nnn is a number in the range 000-999. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Deleting Various Devices The following example deletes a metadevice named d10. # metaclear /dev/md/dsk/d10 The following example deletes all local metadevices and hot spare pools on the system. # metaclear -a The following example deletes a mirror, d20, with an submirror in an error state. # metaclear -f d20 The following example deletes a hot spare pool, hsp001. # metaclear hsp001 The following example deletes a soft partition, d23. # metaclear d23 The following example purges all soft partitions on the slice c2t3d5s2 if those partitions are not being used by other metadevices or are not open. # metaclear -p c2t3d5s2 The following example purges soft partitions from a metadevice. # metaclear -p d2 d3: Soft Partition is cleared d4: Soft Partition is cleared d5: Soft Partition is cleared EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmdu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdmonitord(1M), metadb(1M), metadetach(1M), metahs(1M), metainit(1M), metaoffline(1M), metaonline(1M), metaparam(1M), metarecover(1M), metarename(1M), metareplace(1M), metaroot(1M), metaset(1M), metassist(1M), metastat(1M), metasync(1M), metattach(1M), md.tab(4), md.cf(4), mddb.cf(4), md.tab(4), attributes(5), md(7D) Solaris Volume Manager Administration Guide SunOS 5.10 8 Aug 2003 metaclear(1M)