Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Issues while sending a mail having records fetched from SQL -all in UNIX Post 302333154 by vgersh99 on Saturday 11th of July 2009 09:05:40 AM
Old 07-11-2009
To keep the forums high quality for all users, please take the time to format your posts correctly.

First of all, use Code Tags when you post any code or data samples so others can easily read your code. You can easily do this by highlighting your code and then clicking on the # in the editing menu. (You can also type code tags [code] and [/code] by hand.)

Second, avoid adding color or different fonts and font size to your posts. Selective use of color to highlight a single word or phrase can be useful at times, but using color, in general, makes the forums harder to read, especially bright colors like red.

Third, be careful when you cut-and-paste, edit any odd characters and make sure all links are working property.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending mail from unix

Hi, I am using mailx command to send mail through Unix. But I am able to send mail only within my domain. If i want to send mail to some other server, it's not working. Like say If I want to send mail to someone on gmail or yahoo it's not working. but it's working fine within my company domain.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anki_1
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending mail in unix

Dear Friends, I have a shell script where the mail is being sent like this: /usr/lib/sendmail -v ${CPA_ADMIN} CPA_ADMIN="xx@abc.com" Can we specify more than one email ids in this variable? Is ther eany limit to the number of email ids I can specify in this variable, to whom the mail... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Radhe
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Importing data from PL/SQL then sending it through mail,HELP ME!

Is anyone here know how to make a script in UNIX which will do importing data from PL/SQL then sending it through mail? Can you give me sample script with explanation so it's easy to understand,Thank you very much,any suggestion or advice is welcome, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Atrap
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing SQL Query and sending a mail

Hi all, My reqirenet goes like this. Need to execute one select statement within the script and send a mail to the users with the number of records fecthed from the query. Please help.. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Achiever
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

issues in sending mail

Hi, i am trying the below script for sending mail. if then count=`cat $sfile|wc -l` echo "There are $count abends.Please take care " > body.txt (cat body.txt;uuencode $sfile $sfile) | mailx -s "Alert:there are failures" pandeesh@gmail.com fi In the mail, i am getting like: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issues in sending mail with attachements

Hi I am using the below command to send mail from unix with body as well as attachment. But the attachment is in encoded form in the body itself. I am not receiving as attachment: (cat body_success.txt;uuencode Log.txt Log.txt)| mailx -s "success" $ToID I am receiving... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending e-mail from unix

Hello, I want to send an email from unix. I tried following commands: mailx -s "hello" manish.xxx@xxx.com < echo_manish and echo "Testing Mail" | mailx -s "hello" manish.xxx@xxx.com but in both the commands nothing is happening. I mean it is neither giving any error nor I am receiving... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishdivs
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues sending emails using PostFix Mail Server

I'm unable to send email from my Linux server despite SMTP port 25 Active and Listening. # hostname TechX I checked the mail log ( /var/log/maillog ) and found the below error. I'm sharing all the ".cf" files seen in the error log. 1. # more /etc/postfix/main.cf # postfix... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
0 Replies
pilot-addresses(1)					      General Commands Manual						pilot-addresses(1)

NAME
pilot-addresses - read and write address book databases to and from a Palm handheld device, such as those made from Palm, Handspring, Han- dera, TRGPro, Sony or other Palm Compatible Handheld PDA device SYNOPSIS
pilot-addresses -p <port> [-c category ] [-d category ] [-r file | -w file ] (Note that some options are not shown above) DESCRIPTION
pilot-addresses allows the user to read all entries in the Palm address book database, write new entries into the database, and delete a category or delete all entries in the database. TARGET DEVICE
The default serial device used to communicate with a Palm is /dev/pilot. If the environment variable $PILOTPORT is set, its value will override the default. A serial device specified on the command-line will be used regardless of any $PILOTPORT setting. OPTIONS
Several options exist, including... -p --port <port>, Use device file port to communicate with the Palm handheld device. If this is not specified, will look for the $PILOTPORT environ- ment variable. If both are not found, will fall back to /dev/pilot. -h --help Display help synopsis for pilot-addresses -v --version Display version of pilot-addresses -a Augments fields in address book records with additional information. The augmented information is placed before and separated from the field with a semi-colon, (;). Augmented information includes: category_name - placed in front of each record or ["Work" | "Home" | "Fax" | "Other" | "E-mail" | "Main" | "Pager" | "Mobile" ] - placed in front of each phone number field. Empty fields are not augmented. -c category Install records to category category by default. Normally pilot-addresses uses Unfiled as the default category. This option is over- ridden by the category specified in the record with the -a option. -d category Delete all records in the specified category before installing new records. -D Delete all address book records in all categories. Obviously, be very careful with this one. -e Escape all special characters with a backslash. This enables you to read and write entries with newline characters in a field or note. -q Causes pilot-addresses to be quiet and not prompt you to press the HotSync button. -r file Reads records from file and install them to the Palm address book database. (Use the -w file to get a template file for input records.) -t delim Include category in each record, use the delimiter specified to separate all fields of a record. Delimiters are specified as fol- lows: 3=tab, 2=;, 1=,. This overrides the default delimiter of comma between fields and semi-colon between a field's augmented information. (Please note that this may generate confusing results when used with the -a option.) -T Write a header line with field titles as the first line of the data file. -w file Get all address book records from the Palm address book database and writes them into file USAGE
The program will connect to a target device and port, prompt the user to HotSync, and perform the requested read or write operation speci- fied by the user. EXAMPLES
To write all address records in a Palm to the file addrbook.csv: pilot-addresses -w addrbook.csv or pilot-addresses -p /dev/irnine -w addrbook.csv To read the address book records in the file addrbook.csv and install them on a Palm: pilot-addresses -r addrbook.csv To read the address book records in the file addrbook.csv and place them into the Palm address book database category Special after first deleting all current records in the Special category on the palm: pilot-addresses -c Special -d Special -r addrbook.csv SEE ALSO
pilot-link(7) KNOWN BUGS
pilot-addresses has no known bugs. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs at http://bugs.pilot-link.org/ AUTHOR
pilot-addresses originally written by Kenneth Albanowski, manual page was written by Robert Wittig <bob.wittig@gt.org>. Free Software Foundation Palm Computing Device Tools pilot-addresses(1)