Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script compare files and backup Post 302333089 by Scott on Friday 10th of July 2009 08:44:58 PM
Old 07-10-2009
summer_cherry's syntax is Korn shell, if that helps?

It's more helpful when you say how it doesn't work.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

creating log files for a backup script on solaris

I have a simple backup script that I am running to back up drives across the network. However I need to have detailed log files for this script such as time backup started, what was backed up, if there were any errors and the time that the backup was complete. I would also like the script to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: valicon
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

request born script for creting backup files

script should make a backup sub-directory to make a backup copy of all the files that were created on a date . The name of the subdirectory should reflect the current month and day eg BackupsAug16. The backup files need to have extension .bak for each file script needs to check if there... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinaysamineni
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to compare files

HI i wil get input from sql query and that too i can get a list o f files or just one. i have to pick up a file from another directory which hads prefix to this prefix.x.x.x.x.x. And we have to discard prefix and use that file name. we have to compare this file name(no need... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pulse2india
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Backup files

Hi, I wrote a simple script to backup of index.php and index.html in my box. So, I wrote a script which take a copy of the index page as 1Mar09: but it does not comes up.. #! /bin/bash find . -name index.* > domains.txt for i in `cat domains.txt` ; do cp index* index*.1Mar09 $i; done But... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in sh script while copy files to a backup directory

I am trying to copy files from one directory to another using shell script. Can anyone please troubleshoot the code. thanks in advance... #!C:\Shell\sh.exe files_dir="C:\Documents and Settings\scripts\files" backup_dir="C:\Documents and Settings\scripts\ztest" echo cding to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for taking backup of desktop files.

Hi Friends, I need help. I have around 100 users. I want to take date wise backup of files which are on desktop for every user. My user directory path is -: /home/dr/<user_name>/Desktop 1) Script has to run on a perticular time everyday 2) Script has to take backup of all files present... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup script to split and tar files

Hi Guys, I'm very new to bash scripting. Please help me on this. I'm in need of a backup script which does the ff. 1. If a file is larger than 5GB. split it and tar the file. 2. Weekly backup file to amazon s3 using s3rsync 3. If a file is unchanged it doesn't need to copy to amazon s3 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganitolngyundre
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script or alias to backup all files opened by vi

we want to backup all opened files by vi before editing also with version information. i wrote below alias to backup crontab file content with version info. What i want know is to make this opened files by vi. We want to prevent user mistakes by adding this alias. alias crontab='DATE=$(date... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sebu
4 Replies

9. AIX

Script to remove backup files

HI, I want to remove my backup files keeping last 30 days. Now i am doing it manually. Does anyone have a script to automate this process? Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElizabethPJ
5 Replies
PDL2(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  PDL2(1p)

NAME
pdl2 - Simple shell (version 2) for PDL SYNOPSIS
Use PDL interactively: %> pdl2 pdl> $a = sequence(10) # or any other perl or PDL command pdl> print "$a = $a "; $a = [0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9] DESCRIPTION
The "pdl2" program, also known as the Perldl2 shell, is a second generation version of the original "perldl" interactive PDL shell. It attempts to be backward compatible in usage while providing improved features, better support for Perl syntax, and an more easily extended framework based on the Devel::REPL shell. If you have Devel::REPL version 1.003011 or later, then "pdl2" will start with full functionality. If Devel::REPL is not installed or found then "pdl2" will print a warning and run the legacy "perldl" shell command instead. By default, command lines beginning with the default prompt of either "pdl2" or "perldl" (one of 'pdl> ', 'PDL> ', or 'perldl> ') will have the prefix string and surrounding whitespace stripped. This allows for easy cut-and-paste from sample PDL shell sessions or other examples into another PDL shell session. FUNCTIONS
do_print Toggle print-by-default on and off (default value: off) By default, "pdl2" does not print the results of operations since the results can be very large (e.g., a small 640x480 RGBA image is still more than 1_000_000 elements). However, for experimenting and debugging more complex structures, it helps to see the results of every operation. The "do_print" routine allows you to toggle between the default "quiet" operation and a full Read, Evaluate, Loop style. pdl> $a = pdl(3,2) pdl> do_print 1 pdl> $a = pdl(3,2) $PDL1 = [3 2]; pdl> do_print pdl> $a = pdl(3,2) VARIABLES
$PDL::toolongtoprint The maximal size pdls to print (defaults to 10000 elements). This is not just a "perldl" or "pdl2" variable but it is something that is usually needed in an interactive debugging session. SEE ALSO
perldl, Devel::REPL perl v5.14.2 2012-05-19 PDL2(1p)