Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sqlplus: could it be dirrected do not printout anything, beside results? Post 302332788 by vbe on Friday 10th of July 2009 04:51:52 AM
Old 07-10-2009
set auto off
set echo off

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

How to take printout of linux file from windows xp using putty?

Friends, I have installed Putty in my windows xp pc. I am connecting the RHEL AS 3 server using putty from my windows xp. My printer is connected to my windows xp. Now, i want to print text.txt of RHEL AS 3.0 in my windows xp printer through putty. For Example: my pc ip is 117.23.2.55... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyguy
3 Replies

2. SCO

How to remove date and page header from a printout

I have some HP4+ and HP5 printers printing from Unixware 7.1.4. The problem is that they print a page header with the date and page number. I can't seem to figure out how to stop this. These headers through the pagination off. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sladeburke
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Set shell variables from SQLPLUS query results

Hi All, I needed to get the result of two sqlplus queris into shell variables. After days of looking for the ultimate solution to this problem.. i found this... sqlplus -s USER/PASS@DB <<EOF | awk '{if(NR==1) printf("%s ", $1); if(NR==2) printf("%s ", $1);}' | read VAR1 VAR2 set head off... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranavagarwal
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk printout

I want to represent the columns by whats in a txt file. So the columns.txt file contains "$2$3" and the test.txt file contains "bob tom jones jon" I have #!/bin/bash columnsVar=`cat columns.txt` echo "Columns edited: $columnsVar" awk ' {print $columnsVar }' test.txt But it prints out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bandit390
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

linux sqlplus select results writes into file twice

Hello, This is my first post and its because I could not find solution for myself I decided to ask help here. What I want to do; I want to get some data from a table 1 on server 1 and insert those datas into a table 2 on server 2. ( lets say schema names are server1 and server 2 also ).... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: azuahaha
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

iterating over results from sqlplus

hi all, i am writing a ksh script, i am logging into an oracle db via sqlplus and running a select statement but i dont know how i can store the results from the sql so i can iterate over it and do more operations over it. I dont want to write a stored procedure with a cursor since i need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ?

Hello , When using vim, can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ? Once I jump to one tag, I can use :tnext to jump to next tag, but how can I display the preview search result? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
0 Replies

8. Debian

hardware printout layout terminology

trying to find online or a book. the words to use to find 'a' or 'the ways and means' to format left margin, right margin etc from man pages to Hardware Printer. while looking to print man pages with a Hardware Printer. I have found lp. and did a man sudoers | lp -p2 to test. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cowLips
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus error - sqlplus -s <login/password@dbname> : No such file or directory

i am using bash shell Whenever i declare an array, and then using sqlplus, i am getting sqlplus error and return code 127. IFS="," declare -a Arr=($Variable1); SQLPLUS=sqlplus -s "${DBUSER}"/"${DBPASS}"@"${DBASE} echo "set head off ; " > ${SQLCMD} echo "set PAGESIZE 0 ;" >> ${SQLCMD}... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arghadeep adity
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk --> selective printout with FNR

Hi everybody! need some awk-support. i want a line-selective printout of a file. wat i normally will do with ... awk ' FNR==8' sample.txt But now i need the data from line 8, 10 and the following data from line13 to 250 wich is not end of the file. I tried allready to combine it but without... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
2 Replies
MB_DETECT_ENCODING(3)							 1						     MB_DETECT_ENCODING(3)

mb_detect_encoding - Detect character encoding

SYNOPSIS
string mb_detect_encoding (string $str, [mixed $encoding_list = mb_detect_order()], [bool $strict = false]) DESCRIPTION
Detects character encoding in string$str. PARAMETERS
o $str - The string being detected. o $encoding_list -$encoding_list is list of character encoding. Encoding order may be specified by array or comma separated list string. If $encoding_list is omitted, detect_order is used. o $strict -$strict specifies whether to use the strict encoding detection or not. Default is FALSE. RETURN VALUES
The detected character encoding or FALSE if the encoding cannot be detected from the given string. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mb_detect_encoding(3) example <?php /* Detect character encoding with current detect_order */ echo mb_detect_encoding($str); /* "auto" is expanded according to mbstring.language */ echo mb_detect_encoding($str, "auto"); /* Specify encoding_list character encoding by comma separated list */ echo mb_detect_encoding($str, "JIS, eucjp-win, sjis-win"); /* Use array to specify encoding_list */ $ary[] = "ASCII"; $ary[] = "JIS"; $ary[] = "EUC-JP"; echo mb_detect_encoding($str, $ary); ?> SEE ALSO
mb_detect_order(3). PHP Documentation Group MB_DETECT_ENCODING(3)