Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Entering parameter automatically Post 302332729 by anushree.a on Friday 10th of July 2009 02:40:06 AM
Old 07-10-2009
Dear Pludi,
I am really unable to understand what u are saying.
Plese tell me the answer straight away.
I am really in bad situation.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

entering a long command

hello everyone! Very basic question for the guru's in here but anyways, I am trying to type a command that is longer than the line. What character do I use to continue my command on the next line? Thanks in advance.... Todd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hedrict
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Entering directories structured above user.

I wish to enter directories which are on the HD but not part of the user hierarchy and have access to the contents of an external HD. To an advanced user this is probably a stupid question but I experimented with ~, cd, . and.. to no avail. I did check for a suitable command but couldn't find one.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank Hunter
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do I make dynamic parameter names? Or get the value of a parameter evaluated twi

Say I write something like the following: var1=1 var2=2 for int in 1 2 do echo "\$var$int" done I want the output to be: 1 2 Instead I get something like: $var1 $var2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awanka
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Entering secret password

Hello All, I am trying to write a script when executed, asks you for the password, and confirm password; it should save to a file and also entered password should not be in clear text on the console - should be as **** Can somebody give me direction in writing this in shell? Thanks Chiru (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to avoid entering wildcards in a word

Hi everybody, im writing a bash script, and receiving entry from a user, and i need to check if the word has any wildcards in. do u have any ideas please . thanks . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2Linux
2 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Why can't I save a VI file after entering data?

Hi I am new to linux, when I typed "vi FILE1" I was able to open VI editor. I added some data and I want to save the file and I tried :w but it threw me an error. "file1" E212: Can't open file for writing Press ENTER or type command to continue why I am not able to save it? I read it... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinnanji
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Entering into C shell remotely

Hi All, I want to enter into C shell from Ksh remotely. I have written code like, remsh $rHost -l $rUser -n "source $RM_HOME/run_time/.set_env.csh; jar -xvf $package.$extension" But it says; ksh: source : not found ksh: jar : not found Can anyone help me? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AB10
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Login delay after entering id (40 secs) same after entering pw

Hi all, I have just installed Solaris 10 on an old Fujitsu Primepower 650 which has been wiped clean. I haven't installed anything apart from the OS yet, so the machine is 99% idle. I get long delays when logging in, first after entering the id then another long delay after entering a valid... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: longjon
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command that takes one parameter and then searches for the passed in parameter

Hi I am looking for a unix command or a small shell script which can takes one parameter and then searches for the passed in the parameter in any or all files under say /home/dev/ Can anyone please help me on this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankaj80
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter to script, and split the parameter

i am passing input parameter 'one_two' to the script , the script output should display the result as below one_1two one_2two one_3two if then echo " Usage : <$0> <DATABASE> " exit 0 else for DB in 1 2 3 do DBname=`$DATABASE | awk -F "_" '{print $1_${DB}_$2}` done fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies
usoc(7D)							      Devices								  usoc(7D)

NAME
usoc - universal serial optical controller for Fibre Channel arbitrated loop (SOC+) device driver DESCRIPTION
The Fibre Channel adapter is an SBus card that implements two full duplex Fibre Channel interfaces. Each interface can connect to a Fibre Channel arbitrated loop (FC-AL). The usoc device driver is a nexus driver and implements portions of the FC-2 and FC-4 layers of FC-AL. FILES
/kernel/drv/usoc 32-bit ELF kernel module /kernel/drv/sparcv9/usoc 64-bit ELF kernel module ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Unknown | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWusoc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fctl(7D), sbus(4), fcp(7D), fp(7D), ssd(7D) Writing Device Drivers Fibre Channel Physical and Signaling Interface (FC-PH) ANSI X3.230: 1994 Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop (FC-AL) ANSI X3.272-1996 Fibre Channel Private Loop SCSI Direct Attach (FC-PLDA) NCITS TR-19:1998 Fabric Channel Loop Attachment (FC-FLA), NCITS TR-20:1998 DIAGNOSTICS
The following messages are logged and may also appear on the system console. On the console these messages are preceded by: usoc%d: where usoc%d: is the per-port instance number of the usoc controller. Fibre Channel is ONLINE The Fibre Channel loop is now online. Fibre Channel Loop is ONLINE The Fibre Channel loop is now online. Fibre Channel Loop is OFFLINE The Fibre Channel loop is now offline. attach failed: device in slave-only slot. Move soc+ card to another slot. attach failed: alloc soft state. Driver did not attach, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: bad soft state. Driver did not attach, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: unable to map eeprom Driver was unable to map device memory; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: unable to map XRAM Driver was unable to map device memory; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: unable to map registers Driver was unable to map device registers; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: unable to access status register Driver was unable to map device registers; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: unable to install interrupt handler Driver was not able to add the interrupt routine to the kernel. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: unable to access host adapter XRAM Driver was unable to access device RAM; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: unable to write host adapter XRAM Driver was unable to write device RAM; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: read/write mismatch in XRAM Driver was unable to verify device RAM; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. SunOS 5.10 20 Jul 1999 usoc(7D)