Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dhcp
Special Forums IP Networking dhcp Post 302332539 by Gopi Krishna P on Thursday 9th of July 2009 11:06:38 AM
Old 07-09-2009
i want to invoke dhcpcd application when interface comes up(not system boot,when we plug ethernet cable). how to do that using c language(linux)

Last edited by Gopi Krishna P; 07-23-2009 at 09:10 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Dhcp

Hello all, I have this Intel Pentium 233/128 running Solaris 8. I also have a dhcp/router/dns running SuSElinux 7.2.(Sorry if it is out of topic here) My problem is that the Solaris box when it tries to configure the interface (elxl0) via dhcp it fails. It appears, according to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdevarie
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dhcp

When using DHCP how can I can my hostname. I vi all the hosts file and if still didn't work. So now my hostname is unknown and I want to change it. So if anyone out there can help me. Thank You (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aojmoj
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dhcp

Hi you all. I'm trying to enable DHCP in a Sun Utra 5 runing Solaris 8 but during the boot process it sends me the message : "Device not in appropiate status" Do anyone have enabled DHCP on solaris 8? Any Procedure? The DHCP server is an NT I guess. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex blanco
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dhcp

HI, New to Unix and I inherited a network that runs DHCP in manual configuration mode. Basically, in order for a machine to get an IP it has to have an entry in dhcpd.conf with its MAC address mapped to a hostname (the hostname then maps to an IP address listed in the DNS db file). If there is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NJay
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dhcp

Last question for today!! :rolleyes: In what file does the DHCP server keep its list of leases? THANKS!!! :) Maria from Maria (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marjeg
2 Replies

6. Solaris

DHCP help

Can someone help me with this please. I am new to this: I am trying to install Solaris 8 over the network using my DHCP. After I type the comman: ./add_install_client -d -e 8:0:20:7e:97:51 I would get something like this: cleaning up preexisting install client "8:0:20:7e:97:51"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliban83
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on DHCP

Hi All, I am trying to configure dhcp server on a linux host with eth0:1 which is using 192.168.1.10 I also want to restrict my DHCP client to just one Host adcnew222. DHCP Server Host name - adcnew111 DHCP client name - adcnew222 My conf file is as follows on dhcp server : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

Can't get DHCP IP

Dear Experts, I have a TI DM8148 EVM board REV C, the EZSDK5.05 SW package, and DVRRDK1.09 SW package. EZSDK5.05, DVRRDK1.09 both use Linux2.6.37, however, there are some modifications between these two kernels. When I use uImage of DVRRDK1.09 to boot up EVM board, this board can be given a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: oobin168
0 Replies

9. IP Networking

Get DHCP relay interfaces IP address using DHCP

Hi All , please view the set up below: ------------------------------------------------------------------- | DHCP Server |-----------| ROUTER & |-----------| Clients | | 192.168.99.1 | - -<eth1>| DHCP-RELAY|<eth2>-- | 192.168.88.X | ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdangoor
2 Replies

10. IP Networking

Dhcp

I have a DHCP thing on my HP printer. How can I find information on numbers for that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: teak
2 Replies
RBOOTD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 RBOOTD(8)

NAME
rbootd -- HP remote boot server SYNOPSIS
rbootd [-ad] [-i interface] [config_file] DESCRIPTION
The rbootd utility services boot requests from Hewlett-Packard workstations over a local area network. All boot files must reside in the boot file directory; further, if a client supplies path information in its boot request, it will be silently stripped away before processing. By default, rbootd only responds to requests from machines listed in its configuration file. The options are as follows: -a Respond to boot requests from any machine. The configuration file is ignored if this option is specified. -d Run rbootd in debug mode. Packets sent and received are displayed to the terminal. -i interface Service boot requests on specified interface. If unspecified, rbootd searches the system interface list for the lowest numbered, configured ``up'' interface (excluding loopback). Ties are broken by choosing the earliest match. Specifying config_file on the command line causes rbootd to use a different configuration file from the default. The configuration file is a text file where each line describes a particular machine. A line must start with a machine's Ethernet address followed by an optional list of boot file names. An Ethernet address is specified in hexadecimal with each of its six octets separated by a colon. The boot file names come from the boot file directory. The ethernet address and boot file(s) must be separated by white-space and/or comma characters. A pound sign causes the remainder of a line to be ignored. Here is a sample configuration file: # # ethernet addr boot file(s) comments # 08:00:09:0:66:ad SYSHPBSD # snake (4.3BSD) 08:00:09:0:59:5b # vandy (anything) 8::9:1:C6:75 SYSHPBSD,SYSHPUX # jaguar (either) Rbootd logs status and error messages via syslog(3). A startup message is always logged, and in the case of fatal errors (or deadly signals) a message is logged announcing the server's termination. In general, a non-fatal error is handled by ignoring the event that caused it (e.g. an invalid Ethernet address in the config file causes that line to be invalidated). The following signals have the specified effect when sent to the server process using the kill(1) command: SIGHUP Drop all active connections and reconfigure. SIGUSR1 Turn on debugging, do nothing if already on. SIGUSR2 Turn off debugging, do nothing if already off. FILES
/etc/rbootd.conf configuration file /tmp/rbootd.dbg debug output /var/lib/rbootd directory containing boot files /var/run/rbootd.pid process id SEE ALSO
kill(1), socket(2), signal(3), syslog(3), BUGS
If multiple servers are started on the same interface, each will receive and respond to the same boot packets. The interface should be spec- ified in a configuration file rather than having to be put on the command line as an argument. Also the location of the boot images is hard- coded into the binary at compile time. BSD
June 1, 2019 BSD