Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users "Phantom character" in Socket (RESOLVED) Post 302332514 by vbe on Thursday 9th of July 2009 10:13:03 AM
Old 07-09-2009
Thanks for sharing your experience

We appreciate...
All the best

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing the "\" and "\n" character using sed or tr

Hi All, I'm trying to write a ksh script to parse a file. When the "\" character is encountered, it should be removed and the next line should be concatenated with the current line. For example... this is a test line #1\ should be concatenated with line #2\ and line number 3 when this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_coder
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to find text between a "string " and character ","

Hello everyone Sorry I have to add another sed question. I am searching a log file and need only the first 2 occurances of text which comes after (note the space) "string " and before a ",". I have tried sed -n 's/.*string \(*\),.*/\1/p' filewith some, but limited success. This gives out all... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggismn
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"Phantom" overwrite with dd on sda*?

Greetings. Just wondering about a little "quirk" which I seem to have found when using dd ;) (FWIW on that note, I'm using a flash install of Parted Magic to run dd in these tests...) Thinking about it, there should be some measurable excitement associated withdd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda*... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
4 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Marking thread "Resolved"

Can the OP of a thread still mark the thread "Resolved" when the question is answered? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
dfstab(4)							   File Formats 							 dfstab(4)

NAME
dfstab - file containing commands for sharing resources across a network DESCRIPTION
dfstab resides in directory /etc/dfs and contains commands for sharing resources across a network. dfstab gives a system administrator a uniform method of controlling the automatic sharing of local resources. Each line of the dfstab file consists of a share(1M) command. The dfstab file can be read by the shell to share all resources. System administrators can also prepare their own shell scripts to execute particular lines from dfstab. The contents of dfstab put into effect when the command shown below is run. See svcadm(1M). /usr/sbin/svcadm enable network/nfs/server SEE ALSO
share(1M), shareall(1M), sharemgr(1M), svcadm(1M) NOTES
Do not modify this file directly. This file is reconstructed and only maintained for backwards compatibility. Configuration lines could be lost. Use the sharemgr(1M) command for all share management. SunOS 5.11 15 Aug 2008 dfstab(4)