Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to kill processes that are older than 3 days Post 302332426 by dennis.jacob on Thursday 9th of July 2009 05:45:14 AM
Old 07-09-2009
There are no on-the-fly commands to do this:

We can go with a logic as ... if a pid is older than 24 hrs, it will be displayed in Mon hr format..

eg: Jun 09

Try the below snippet to take only those pids which are older than 24 hrs. You can put in your logic on top of the snippet given below to look for pids older than "n" days

ps -ef| sed '/\([JFMAMSOND][aepuco][nbrylgptvc] [0-9][0-9]\)/!d' | awk '{ print $2" "$5":"$6; }'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

List directory 7 days older

Say folder archive/ contains many folder each created on a day. this folder may contain files. i want to write a script to delete all the folder inside archive/ which are 7 days older. i used the below script for the reason. find archive -mtime +7 -type d -exec rm -r {} \; pls suggest me if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnarao
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting files older than 7 days

Hi Guys, I want to delete folder/files older than 7 days. Im using the command below. find /test/test1 -mtime +7 -print0 | xargs -0 rm -Rf /test/test1/* which works ok, but it deletes the test1 folder as well which i dont want. The test1 folder will have a list of sub-folders which in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shezam
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Copying files older then 2 days

Hi everyone :) I have a little question here, at my work, we have a system running Solaris 10 - with an attached EMC SAN, the SAN is running out of space, and we are moveing the data to a new EVA SAN. The problem here is, that there are over 35.000.000 files on the system, and constantly 30... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Skovsen
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Delete files older than 30 days

Hi all, I want to delete log files with extension .log which are older than 30 days. How to delete those files? Operating system -- Sun solaris 10 Your input is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Regards, Williams (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: William1482
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find files older than 30 days

Dear Friends, I have two queries. 1) I want to see the list of folders which were created 29 days ago. 2) I want to see the folders in which last created file is older than 29 days. Can it be done? Thank you in advance Anushree (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
4 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Find files older than 10 days

What command arguments I can use in unix to list files older than 10 days in my current directory, but I don't want to list the hidden files. find . -type f -mtime +15 -print will work but, it is listing all the hidden files., which I don't want. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files older than 50 days

Hi All, OS :- HP-UX wm5qa B.11.23 U ia64 1119805695 unlimited-user license I need to search files older than 50 days. I've used following command in order to search desired files, I also discoverd, it's showing today's files as well. Do you have any clue with this ? wmqa1> find .... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok.behria
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Size of files which are older than x days

Hi I want to find the total space used by the files which are older than x days find ./ -type f -mtime +x-days -name "G00*" -exec du {} \; | awk '{total+=$1}END{print "TOTAL" total}' Total prints as 17.20 MB ( total / 1024*2 ) But actual size of it will be around 18.5 GB... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

listing processes older than n days

Hello; trying to find processes older than n days, mostly user shells Tried the following code on 11.31 box: in this case older than 5 days UNIX95= ps -ef -o user,pid,ppid,cpu,etime,stime | grep "-" | awk '{print $2}' | xargs ps -ef|grep -v '?' |\ awk '$5 !~ ""' | awk '($5 ~ "$(date "+%b")")... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines older than 30 days

Hi Experts/Gurus, Is there a way to remove lines in a file that are older than x days (i.e. 30 days) based on the date stamp in the first column? Example. $ date Sat Jan 11 14:12:06 EDT 2014 $cat sample.txt 10-10-2013 09:00:01 AM|Line test 1234567 16-10-2013 08:30:00 AM|Line test... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: brichigo
6 Replies
uucleanup(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      uucleanup(8)

NAME
uucleanup - Deletes selected old files from the uucp spool directory SYNOPSIS
uucleanup [options] FLAGS
If you specify one of the following flags, you must provide a value for days. The default value listed is used if the flag is not speci- fied. Removes any C.*(Command) files as old as or older than the number of days specified by days, and sends appropriate information to the requester. The default is 7 days. The -C and -W flags cannot be combined. Removes any D.*(Data) files as old as or older than the number of days specified in days. Also attempts to deliver any remaining mail messages. The default is 7 days. Includes a specified line of text in the warning message generated by the -W flag. The default line is: We have been unable to contact machine machine_name since you queued your job. The -m flag can be used only with the -W flag. Removes files in addition to those specified by the -C, -D, and -X flags that are as old as or older than the number of days specified in days. The default is 2 days. Executes uucleanup only on the spool directory specified by system. The default is to clean up all uucp spool directories. Note that system names can contain only ASCII characters. Removes TM.* (Temporary) files as old as or older than the number of days specified by the days argument. Also attempts to deliver any remaining mail messages. The default is 7 days. Sends a mail message to the requester warning that C*. files as old as or older than the number of days specified in days are still in the spool direc- tory. The message includes the job ID and, in the case of mail, the mail message. The administrator can use the -m flag to include a message line telling who to call to check the problem. The default is 1 day. Removes any X.*(Execute) files as old as or older than the number of days specified in days. The default is 2 days. Displays debugging information on the screen of the local termi- nal; level must be an integer from 0 to 9. The higher the number, the more detailed the debugging information. DESCRIPTION
The uucleanup program removes outdated files from the spool directory /usr/spool/uucp. The uucleanup program scans the /usr/spool/uucp spool directory for old files and takes appropriate action to remove them in a useful way. The uucleanup command performs the following tasks: Informs the requester of send/receive requests for systems that cannot be reached Warns users about requests that wait more than a specified number of days (the default is 1 day) Returns mail that cannot be delivered to the sender Removes all other files older than a specified number of days from the spool directory. The uucleanup program is not usually invoked from the command line, but is executed by the shell procedure uudemon.cleanu located in /usr/lib/uucp, which in turn is started by the cron script located in /usr/adm/cron/crontabs/uucp. Only someone with superuser privileges can issue the uucleanup command from the command line. To enable automatic cleanup, edit the file /usr/adm/cron/crontabs/uucp. Remove the # (number sign) from the beginning of the uude- mon.cleanu line. EXAMPLES
To locate files, enter: # uucleanup -W2 This form of the command locates C.* (Command) files 2 or more days old and warns the requesters that the files have not been sent. To send a message with a warning, enter: # uucleanup -W2 -mContact the System Admin about these files This form of the command locates C.* (Command) files 1 or more days old (the default), warns requesters their files have not been sent, and gives them the message: Contact the System Admin about these files. To clean up command files that are 8 or more days old, enter: # uucleanup -C8 This form of the command removes all C.* (Command) files 8 or more days old and sends an appropriate message to the requesters. Other uucp spool files are removed based on the default value for that type. To clean up data and execute files, enter: # uucleanup -D7 -X3 This form of the command removes all D.* (Data) files 7 or more days old (the default) and all X.* (Execute) files older than 3 days and attempts to deliver all undelivered mail. Remaining uucp spool files are removed based on the default value for that type. To clean up other files, enter: # uucleanup -o2 This form of the command removes uucp spool files according to their default values except for other files, which are removed if 2 days or older. To clean up all files at once, enter the command without flags: # uucleanup This form of the command removes all C.*, D.*, and X.* files, and all other files older than the default times. To clean up files for system hera, enter: # uucleanup -shera -C5 This form of the command removes all C.* files 5 or more days old and the other uucp spool files according to their default files for system hera (the files are in /usr/spool/uucp/hera/*). FILES
Specifies the command path. File that starts uudemon.cleanu shell procedure. Contains all the configuration files for uucp, and the uude- mon.cleanu shell procedure. Schedules uucp jobs for the cron daemon, including the uudemon.cleanu shell procedure. Contains files removed by the uucleanup command. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucp(1), uustat(1), uux(1) delim off uucleanup(8)