Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting $ variable resolution problem Post 302332423 by zaxxon on Thursday 9th of July 2009 05:34:25 AM
Old 07-09-2009
Use eval in front of touch. Existence of files is tested with -e not -f if that is what you want to do. And make sure $filelist is defined somewhere cause I could not see it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Resolution..??

When i start my pc after the installation of suse linux it ask me for resolution but not for graphical interface, for console, can i run a command to change it again? Thanx! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux_fan
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Problem with name resolution?

I have an AIX4.3 box on our subnet, called LIMEST3.OURDOMAIN.CO.UK, with IP address 10.103.1.13 It has the following entry in its own /etc/hosts: 10.103.1.13 limest3 limest3.ourdomain.co.uk Now, if I ping limest3.ourdomain.co.uk or ping 10.103.1.13, the result is instant. However if I ping... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grimbleshanks
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Screen Resolution problem on Ultra 10 with Solaris 10

Hi, I have a Sun Ultra 10 (SPARC) with Solaris 10 installed. The screen resolution is very poor and grainy which I have been unable to rectify. Every time I try to set the resolution I get the following: 'The XServer does not support the XRandR extension. Runtime resolution changes to the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patcom
5 Replies

4. Debian

Change resolution problem

Hi gurus I have notebook with connected external monitor. output of my xrandr looks like Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 2960 x 1050, maximum 2960 x 1050 VGA connected 1680x1050+1280+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 478mm x 300mm 1680x1050 60.0*+ 1280x1024 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
2 Replies

5. Solaris

OpenWindows display resolution problem

Hi all! On my SPARC mashine I have changed the screen resolution from default to: output-device screen r1024x768x75, because the OBP picture too big (e.g. Sun Logo and OBP text). Now, after the system booting I have the problem with OpenWindows picture (e.g. the window manager does not display... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with a variable withing a variable

hello there, basically im screwed with a variable that should take the last modification date of a file. my code is fileCreationTime=$(( `ls -l $fileName | tr -s " " | cut -d " " -f6` )) my problem arise coz when the code is executed and stored in a file the return value is 1993 and not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thurft
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in assigning value to variable have value fo other variable

my script is some thing like this i11="{1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,}" echo "enter value" read value ..............suppose i11 x="$value" echo "$($value)" .............the echo should be {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,} but its showing "i11" only. plz help me out to get desired... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
10 Replies

8. Debian

Xorg resolution/display size problem

Hello, I am running Debian 6.0 on a Sun Ultra 5 and the openbox window manager. The window is way larger than the screen and minimized icons go off the screen and I can't get them back. The mode is set to 1280x1024 in the Screen section of xorg.conf and Virtual is also set to 1280x1024 which is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Screen Resolution Persistence Problem: RHEL 6.3

Good morning everyone, I have been having screen resolution issues with RHEL 6.3. Our current setup is a laptop connected to a KVM/IP server. This is the desired scenario: RHEL laptop Windows XP laptop KVM/IP server The RHEL laptop has the file /etc/gdm/Init/Default populated with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rchaud10
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable resolution in File content

I have a file File1 containing lines like below apple ${FRUIT}-Color orange ${FRUIT}-Color banana ${FRUIT}-Color Now, in my shell I'm reading the file like below while read FRUIT DESC; do echo $FRUIT $DESC; done < File1 which outputs - apple ${FRUIT}-Color orange ${FRUIT}-Color... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nexional
3 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)