Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to get the correct exception file/line. Post 302332381 by SamRoj on Thursday 9th of July 2009 02:34:44 AM
Old 07-09-2009
How to get the correct exception file/line.

The below code throws error in the line number 32 where the function is defined.

But How to find the line where the function is called.
That is I want to throw the error at the line number 43 (as here the function is called).

The code is:

#include <iostream>
#include <string>
#include <sstream>
using namespace std;
class myEx {
std:: string _file, _message;
int _line;
public:
myEx(std::string file, int line);
std::string toString();
};
myEx::myEx(string file, int line) {
_file = file;
_line = line;
_message = "Unable to copy. ";
toString();
}
string myEx::toString()
{
ostringstream os;
os << _message <<"Error occurred at " << _file << ":" << _line;
return os.str();
}
template <typename T, int size_x>
static void toCopy(T(&x)[size_x], const T(*y)) {
if(strlen(y) >= size_x) {
throw myEx(__FILE__, __LINE__);
}
strncpy(x, y, size_x);
}

int main()
{
char first[4];
string second = "WELCOME";
try {
toCopy(first, second.c_str());
cout << "Copied Successfully! the " <<first<<endl;
}
catch(myEx &e)
{
cout << e.toString() << endl;
}
return 0;
}

---------- Post updated at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:32 PM ----------

Using macros works well. But I dont want to use macros.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

file attributes and exception

hi, I want to know the date the file was created or modified. I can do this using ls, ll -ltr etc... I want to do this in a function (so If the file date is older then a week I can report it), is there a way? another thing... In sql function, I can catch exceptions, is there a way to do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krem
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting help on finding exception in running log file

Hi all, I am trying to write a script for an application server log file where i want to put this script as a cron tab entry and it will check the server log file last 1000/500 line for every fifteen minute. i am using the script like this. count=`tail -n 1000 Trace.log | grep -c... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senthilkumar_ak
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Catch a PL/SQL exception in ksh file

Hi all Im trying to call a PL SQl block from a ksh file like this : sqlplus -s $DB_USERID/$DB_PASSWD@$DB_NAME<<eof whenever SQLERROR exit 1 var varError VARCHAR2(200); exec ODAS_BATCH_JOBS_RETRIEVE.retrieve_user_info(:varError); eof If there is a error then varError will return a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sam123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to unmonitor the mounts in exception file

I am trying to write a shell script for monitoring the file system mount. command I am using will retrieve a output as shown below. /dev/fsv29 2% /apps/rj/pgl/bslSys I also need to add exception mounts in a file and I would like script to ignore the mount which I specify. If I add the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandu123
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor logs for exception and if exception come then sent an email

Hi Folks, please advise , I have logs generated on unix machine at location /ops/opt/aaa/bvg.log , now sometimes there come exception in these logs also, so I want to write such a script such that it should continuously monitor these logs and whenever any exception comes that is it try to find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuntun27272727
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line numbers and exception to be caught in logs

Hi Folks, I have just basic queries is that suppose I have to monitor the logs then there is a command , suppose I have to monitor the abc.log which is updating dynamically within seconds so the command will be after going to that directory is .. tail -f abc.log Now please advise what about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need correct pattern at end of line

I have some data as below. I need correct it as result. Data: BG1:100+10++II DG1:200+100+1234 DG2:300+200++II CG1:200+100+1111 DG2:400+100++II DG6:200+200+2345 DG2:400+100+2222 Result: BG1:100+10++II DG1:200+100+1234 DG2:300+200++1 CG1:200+100+1111 DG2:400+100++1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr.awk
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files using third file as an exception

Hi All, Is it possible to compare 2 files using the contents of a third file as a guide using a bash script? I have 2 files I want t compare (1 and 2 below) the difference between the two is the first line (a) I want my script to ignore this difference if the difference is stored in file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nwalsh88
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically correct a File Name

Hi All Need a help to understand how one can automatically correct a file name using a shell script even if it is in a completely different format... Ex : adv_OK_0215_mem_rules_firing.txt / advex_0215_OK_me_rule_fire.txt (or in any other format as above) to :... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatwithsaurav
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

After Ftp'ing file to destination how to check the file if it is in correct ASCII and not corrupted

Hi Folks, While transferring file from FTP software like Filezilla the files gets corrupted. Is there any way I can check if the recently transferred file is in ASCII and not corrupted. I have tried using file -i filename command which does tell if the file character set is ASCII or binary... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khan28
6 Replies
SRCONV(1)						  The Canonical Csound Reference						 SRCONV(1)

NAME
srconv - Converts the sample rate of an audio file. . DESCRIPTION
Converts the sample rate of an audio file at sample rate Rin to a sample rate of Rout. Optionally the ratio (Rin / Rout) may be linearly time-varying according to a set of (time, ratio) pairs in an auxiliary file. SYNTAX
srconv [flags] infile INITIALIZATION
Flags: o -P num = pitch transposition ratio (srate / r) [don't specify both P and r] o -P num = pitch transposition ratio (srate / r) [don't specify both P and r] o -Q num =quality factor (1, 2, 3, or 4: default = 2) o -i filnam = auxiliary breakpoints file (no breakpoint by default. i.e. No ratio change) o -r num = output sample rate (must be specified) o -o fnam = sound output filename o -A = create an AIFF format output soundfile o -J = create an IRCAM format output soundfile o -W = create a WAV format output soundfile o -h = no header on output soundfile o -c = 8-bit signed_char sound samples o -a = alaw sound samples o -8 = 8-bit unsigned_char sound samples o -u = ulaw sound samples o -s = short_int sound samples o -l = long_int sound samples o -f = float sound samples o -r N = orchestra srate override o -K = Do not generate PEAK chunks o -R = continually rewrite header while writing soundfile (WAV/AIFF) o -H# = print a heartbeat style 1, 2 or 3 at each soundfile write o -N = notify (ring the bell) when score or miditrack is done o -- fnam = log output to file This program performs arbitrary sample-rate conversion with high fidelity. The method is to step through the input at the desired sampling increment, and to compute the output points as appropriately weighted averages of the surrounding input points. There are two cases to consider: 1. sample rates are in a small-integer ratio - weights are obtained from table. 2. sample rates are in a large-integer ratio - weights are linearly interpolated from table. Calculate increment: if decimating, then window is impulse response of low-pass filter with cutoff frequency at half of output sample rate; if interpolating, then window is impulse response of lowpass filter with cutoff frequency at half of input sample rate. CREDITS
Author: Mark Dolson August 26, 1989 Author: John ffitch December 30, 2000 AUTHORS
Barry Vercoe MIT Media Lab Author. Dan Ellis MIT Media Lab, Cambridge Massachussetts Author. COPYRIGHT
5.10 08/01/2011 SRCONV(1)