Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX how to know if ntp deamon is start Post 302331832 by vbe on Tuesday 7th of July 2009 09:47:57 AM
Old 07-07-2009
Simple:
Is it running:
Code:
 $ ps -ef|grep xntp
    root  1471     1  0  Apr 29  ?        14:33 /usr/sbin/xntpd
     vbe 17785 13294  1 15:38:01 pts/5     0:00 grep xntp

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ntp server and ntp client

All, How do you set a Solaris 9 server which received ntp updates from a ntp server to broadcast them on a local subnet. I have created a /etc/inet/ntp.conf file to receive the updates from a server on network and need to make this server become like a ntp relay from the main server. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

deamon process

hi how to write deamon program i specified in detail i want to write c++ program when it run it run like deamon process (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: munnu
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

start rstatd deamon on unix

Hi, How can I start the rstatd deamon, and how can know if this is actually runing? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: toto2000ff
4 Replies

4. AIX

Error Deamon.

How will we check whether error deamon is started or not? any command is there? If it is not started how will we start the deamon. This server is highly critical server. Pls, Let me know. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Permissionfor some deamon

Hi everyone. Now, i want to permit for an user to start, stop and reconfig some of daemon on Redhat system without root permission. So how can i do ? Tks all. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quan0509
2 Replies

6. Linux

Hal deamon..

I have install centos on my server,.. then after rebooting 2 ,3 times , hal deamon cannot start, and system hang on boot.. when i google, i found the solution which is off the hal daemon service... my question is, what is the effect if i off the deamon service ?:confused: tq (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultramen7
2 Replies

7. Linux

How often does Linux NTP server update its time with the external NTP server?

All here, thank you for listening. Now I've set up a Linux NTP server by adding a external windows NTP server in /etc/ntp.conf. Then I start the ntpd daemon. But how often does the Linux NTP server update its time with the external NTP server? I've looked up everywhere but found no information... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MichaelLi
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Setting up NTP HP-UX clients from solaris NTP server

Hi I wonder if its possible to setup NTP clients running HP-UX o.s. from a solaris 10 NTP server? FR (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to start OSI deamon

dear all, i am working on test server with solaris 10 , after installing OSI deamon i stopped it for a test now when i am starting again i am getting this message that i ggoled and search evrywhere and haven't any response i will be glade for any help in here mate the error was : ./osinet... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: semaan
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Ntp client sync with local over ntp server

Hi, I have two ntp servers in my cluster and I want all the nodes in my cluster to sync with either of the ntp servers or just one. Unfortunately it keep rotating the sync, between my ntp server 1, ntp server 2 and local. Is there anyway I can change the sync to avoid local? # ntpq -p ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjeedu2247
3 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)