Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Assigning Temp IP inside zones Post 302331770 by kumarmani on Tuesday 7th of July 2009 06:39:22 AM
Old 07-07-2009
Yes, i missed the point. What happen if you later remove the IP from the zone xml file, which keep the configuration from /etc/zones/<zone name>.xml and delete the IP from <network address="172.24.2.157" physical="bge0"/>
------------------------------------------------------

We can not leave the network address blank, zone will not able to boot, but we can replace this with some ip like 0.0.0.0. and once we are inside the zone we can change it to the require IP . Isn't?

Last edited by kumarmani; 07-07-2009 at 07:55 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning inside for loop

If I have 3 variables and I want to check if any of these is null. If one of them is null then it should be assigned a value of 0.I have the following code below. The output should be 0 is A, 11 is B, 33 is C $a= $b=11 $c=33 $echo $a $b $c $11 33 for i in "${a}" "${b}" "${c}"; do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thana
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid a temp file

Hi all. I want to check the free space on a given FS and process the output. Right now, I'm using a temp file to avoid using df twice. This is what I'm doing #!/usr/bin/ksh ... df -k $FS_NAME > $TMP_FILE 2>&1 if ]; then RESULT="CRITICAL - $(cat $TMP_FILE)" else cat $TMP_FILE | ...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fox1212
3 Replies

3. AIX

/temp full

i have an aix5.3 box with a full /tmp. i emptied the tmp directory and still doesnt change from 100%. if i try to increase the /tmp size it keeps on wanting me to delete more files in the directory. what can i do.i'm still learning aix (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freeman
3 Replies

4. Solaris

what is ideal temp for US-III+

Hi all, is it okay for US-III+ running at 1200 MHZ to excced 75° C on sun fire 880 here's the output when i ran prtdiag -v on sunfire 880 running solaris10 bash-3.00# prtdiag -v System Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4u Sun Fire 880 System clock frequency: 150 MHz Memory size: 8192... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

temp files

Hi there, As a regular unix user I am forever programming on the command line or writing scripts so that I first write a load of data to a file to read from. In the end I am always left with a bundle of .txt, .tmp which is what I usually call them. As a basic programmmer I was wondering is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberfrog
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in assigning substr to a variable inside awk

Hi All, I have a fixed-width datafile from which i need to extract value/string starting from some position to the specified length in each of the lines. awk '{print substr($0,x,y)}' datafile --- is working fine but awk 'BEGIN{a=0}{a=substr($0,x,y);print $a}' datafile ---is giving... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: loggedin.ksh
3 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

temp monitoring via SNMP

Hi, I am trying to monitor temperature of telecom devices of avaya and polycom. I have setup SNMP. can somebody help me to know what are the requirements to have a SNMP command working for this thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Subhash Chauhan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in assigning output of n commands to n variables automatically inside a for loop

Please help me to automatically assign the output of awk command to the variables cs3, cs4, cs5 and cs6 using a for loop. The below code is not working. for i in 3 4 5 6 do cs$i=`awk -F"|" 'BEGIN{sum=0}{sum=sum+$'$i'}END{printf("%d\n", sum)}' css` done echo $cs3 $cs4 $cs5 $cs6 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

couting occurences of a character inside a string and assigning it to a variable

echo "hello123" | tr -dc '' | wc -c using this command i can count the no of times a number from 0-9 occurs in the string "hello123" but how do i save this result inside a variable? if i do x= echo "hello123" | tr -dc '' | wc -c that does not work...plz suggest..thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindamlive
3 Replies

10. Solaris

temp dir

Hello everyone, I need to install a large program,it makes error change directory to another ,can anyone tell me how? Respectfully, Reham (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reham.Donia
17 Replies
ATALKD(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 ATALKD(8)

NAME
atalkd - AppleTalk RTMP, NBP, ZIP, and AEP manager SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/atalkd [ -f configfile ] [ -1 | -2 ] DESCRIPTION
atalkd is responsible for all user level AppleTalk network management. This includes routing, name registration and lookup, zone lookup, and the AppleTalk Echo Protocol (similar to ping(8)). atalkd is typically started at boot time, out of /etc/rc. It first reads from its configuration file, /etc/atalk//atalkd.conf. If there is no configuration file, atalkd will attempt to configure all available interfaces and will create a configuration file. The file consists of a series of interfaces, one per line. Lines with `#' in the first column are ignored, as are blank lines. The syntax is interface [ -seed ] [ -phase number ] [ -net net-range ] [ -addr address ] [ -zone zonename ] ... Note that all field except the interface are optional. The loopback interface is configured automatically. If -seed is specified, all other fields must be present. Also, atalkd will exit during bootstrapping, if a router disagrees with its seed information. If -seed is not given, all other information may be overriden during auto-configuration. If no -phase option is given, the default phase as given on the command line is used (the default is 2). If -addr is given and -net is not, a net-range of one is assumed. The first -zone directive for each interface is the ``default'' zone. Under Phase 1, there is only one zone. Under Phase 2, all routers on the network are configured with the default zone and must agree. atalkd maps ``*'' to the default zone of the first interface. Note: The default zone for a machine is determined by the configuration of the local routers; to appear in a non-default zone, each service, e.g. afpd, must individually specify the desired zone. See also nbp_name(3). ROUTING
If you are connecting a netatalk router to an existing AppleTalk internet, you should first contact your local network administrators to obtain appropriate network addresses. atalkd can provide routing between interfaces by configuring multiple interfaces. Each interface must be assigned a unique net-range between 1 and 65279 (0 and 65535 are illegal, and addresses between 65280 and 65534 are reserved for startup). It is best to choose the smallest useful net-range, i.e. if you have three machines on an Ethernet, don't chose a net-range of 1000-2000. Each net-range may have an arbitrary list of zones associated with it. EXAMPLE
Below is an example configuration file for a sun4/40. The machine has two interfaces, ``le0'' and ``le1''. The ``le0'' interface is con- figured automatically from other routers on the network. The machine is the only router for the ``le1'' interface. le0 le1 -seed -net 9461-9471 -zone netatalk -zone Argus atalkd automatically acts as a router if there is more than one interface. FILES
/etc/atalk//atalkd.conf configuration file BUGS
On some systems, atalkd can not be restarted. netatalk 1.3 17 Nov 1995 ATALKD(8)