Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting delete multiline string from file using sed. Post 302331754 by summer_cherry on Tuesday 7th of July 2009 06:13:19 AM
Old 07-07-2009
Code:
sed '/WARNING/,/WARNING/d'

or perl:

Code:
$_=<<EOF;
GOOD MORNING
**********WARNING**********
when it kicks from the kickstart, sshd daemon should start at last.
(WHEN KICKING ITSELF, NOT AFTER KICKING).

/etc/rc3.d/S55sshd ( run level specification for sshd is 55, now I would want to change this to S99sshd.

**********WARNING***********
THANKYOU
EOF
s/\*+WARNING\*+.*\*+WARNING\*+\n//s;
print;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using sed to delete a string?

Hi all! Here is my problem : I have a string like the following : 20030613170404;BAN_CAV ; starting script Loader.sh on ; 13/06/2003 at ; 17;04;03 I want to eraze all characters located after "Loader.sh", because there are unuseful. I tried to use sed...but it didnt work....i guess i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HowardIsHigh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to delete string between delimiters

Hi There! I have the following string which i need to convert to i.e. between each occurence of the delimiter ('|' in this case), i need to delete all characters from the '|' to the ':' so that |10,9:12/xxx| becomes |12/xxx| How can i do this using sed? Thanks in advance! (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: orno
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED delete string from till problems

Hi i have a file which contains 2 lines, line 1 is static data. line 2 is a very large string(over 3000char or much more). in that string are tags which i want to delete. e.g. <order1>123</order1><tag1>data</tag1><new>1</new><order2>124</order2><tag1>data</tag1> all one one line. now i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: subby80
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed delete wildcard within a string

Hi I would like to batch delete the "note" entry from bib files. The start would be defined by "note ={" and the end by "}." (see example bib entry below). I tried the following command which does not have any effect: cat input.bib| sed -e 's/note = {.*}.//' > output.bib Any help would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerggeismann
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete string between delimiters with sed

Hi, I need to delete all text between "|" delimiters. The line in text file typically looks like this: 1014182| 13728 -rw-r--r-- 1 imac1 staff 7026127 2 okt 2010 |/Users/imac1/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/Various Artists/We Are the World_ U.S.A. for Africa/01 We Are the World.mp3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrejm
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED help delete characters in a string

Hi Please help me to refine my syntax. I want to delete the excess characters from the out put below. -bash-3.00$ top -b -n2 -d 00.20 |grep Cpu|tail -1 | awk -F ":" '{ print $2 }' | cut -d, -f1 4.4% us now i want to delete the % and us. How wil i do that to make it just 4.4. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: redtred
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete the line with a particular string in a file using sed command.

Hello, I want to delete all lines with given string in file1 and the string val is dynamic. Can this be done using sed command. Sample: vars="test twinning yellow" for i in $vars do grep $i file1 if then echo "Do Nothing" else sed `/$i/d` file1 fi done Using the above... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PrasadAruna
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change/Delete Multiline text

Hi, I want to change/delete all occurences of a multiline text in a file which match the specific pattern: aaa <This text should be changed>bbb ccc ddddddd eee<This text should be changed> fff gggggg hhh<This text should be deleted> iii jjjj kkkkk<This text should be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wenclu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - delete content inside tags multiline

I need that a certain part of the content below excluded ==Image Gallery== followed by <gallery> and the content until </gallery> test SED1 ==Image Gallery== <gallery> Image:car1.jpg| Car 1<sup>1</sup> Imagem: car2.jpg| Car2<sup>2</sup> </gallery> test SED2 ==Image... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dperboni
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[sed]: Substitute a string with a multiline value

Dear all, I try to replace a string of characters in a file (MyFile.txt) by a multiline value of the variable "Myvar": $ cat MyFile.txt DESCRIPTION '@TargetTable SCHEMA' ( @InputFlowDef ); $ The content of Myvar: $ echo "$Myvar" col1 , col2 , col3 $ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dae
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)