Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unzip folder on remote machine Post 302331618 by rcjmack on Monday 6th of July 2009 05:18:55 PM
Old 07-06-2009
Check out sftp or scp.

Here's a link that might be interesting:
SSH with Keys HOWTO: SSH with Keys in a console window

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

strange problem regarding zip/unzip from window to solaris machine

Hi , I faced a very strange problem when I unzip a zip file on my solaris workstation. Actually I wanted to transfer a folder, say it TEST which contains some sub-folders inside it from windows to solaris machine. So I zipped this folder to TEST.ZIP on my windows machine. Then from my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Kumar Arora
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unzip files in a different folder

hi , I am using this command to unzip files from a source unzip -o $source_dir -d $dest_dir butthe problem is that this command creates a new folder at the destination and unzips all the files in that folder. I dont want that extra folder. e.g source_dir= abc/myname.zip... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agarwalniru
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to Copy Folder from one solaris machine to another?

Hi All, Can any body help for below query...... How to Copy Folder from one solaris machine to another? Thanks, (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavvd
8 Replies

4. Red Hat

To find the LATEST file from a dir on REMOTE machine and SCP to local machine?

Hi All, URGENT - Please help me form a scipt for this: I need the LATEST file from a dir on REMOTE machine to be SCP'd to a dir on local machine. (and I need to execute this from local server) I know that the below cmd is used to find the LATEST file from a dir. But this command is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: me_ub
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to unzip files from folder in shell script (ksh)?

I have a folder (C:\shellprg\input\) containing .CSV, .zip, .gz files. 1] I want to find all .zip/.gz files from folder (C:\shellprg\input\). 2] unzip/uncompress files into the same folder (C:\shellprg\input\) through shell script. I am using below commands for unzip files, unzip <filename>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to unzip files from the same folder?

Hi , I have two ear files in a single folder. the ear file contains same xml files named "File1.xml". how to unzip each file seperately using shell script? Thanks, Chella. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckchelladurai
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP While transfering files to local machine to remote machine

Hi Am using unix Ksh Am getting the problem while transferring zero size files through the script . When i transfer zero size files from local machine to remote machine manually i can able to do it . My question its beause of zero size files am not able to transfer through script ? or its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

iptables applied in local machine, can't ssh remote machine after chain changed to DROP

I want to SSH to 192.168.1.15 Server from my machine, my ip was 192.168.1.99 Source Destination was UP, with IP 192.168.1.15. This is LAN Network there are 30 Machine's Connected to the network and working fine, I'm Playing around the local machine's because I need to apply the same rules in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with fetching the data from remote machine from my jumpbox(local machine)

Team, Presently i am running a script from my local box(i.e jumpbox) to all the remote machines.Basically fetching basic queries like pwd,mkdir,touch etc and i am able to successfully fetch it from my local machine.But when i want to check certain database related queries like the dbstat... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
20 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Trying to share a folder between windows machine and VM

I was following the guide I found here for doing this and I reached the step where I added myself to the vboxsf group but I am still getting a permissions denied message when I try to get into the folder: ubuntu12@ubuntu12-VirtualBox: /media$ cd sf_Shared_files/ bash: cd: sf_Shared_files/:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
0 Replies
bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)					      General Commands Manual					       bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)

NAME
bssh/bvnc/bshell - Browse for SSH/VNC servers on the local network SYNOPSIS
bssh bvnc bshell DESCRIPTION
bssh/bvnc/bshell browses for SSH/VNC servers on the local network, shows them in a GUI for the user to select one and finally calls ssh/vncviewer after a selection was made. If the binary is called as bssh only ssh servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bvnc only VNC servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bshell both VNC and SSH servers are shown. OPTIONS
-s | --ssh Browse for SSH servers (and only SSH servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -v | --vnc Browse for VNC servers (and only VNC servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -S | --shell Browse for both VNC and SSH servers regardless under which name the binary is called. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Browse in the specified domain. If omitted bssh/bvnc/bshell will browse in the default browsing domain (usually .local) -h | --help Show help. SEE ALSO
avahi-browse(1), ssh(1), vncviewer(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)