Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Sending large file through sockets Post 302331377 by zaxxon on Monday 6th of July 2009 03:38:47 AM
Old 07-06-2009
This is related to high level programming so I move your thread there. Also use CODE-tags in future when posting code, data or logs, ty.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Sockets and File descriptors

I am in a Systems programming class this semester, and our current project is to write a program utilizing sockets and fork. For the project, I decided to make my own instant messaging program. I have the code completed, but I have a problem that keeps old clients from communicating with new... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gstlouis
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx attachment sending large file

Hi I want to sent attachment file which is 400mb size.(single file, not tar file) is there any way that these kind of large files can be divided into small sizes and sent as attachments thanks with anticipation (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
3 Replies

3. Programming

Problem in file transfer using sockets

Hai Friends I am writing a c program to transfer files from one system to another using TCP/IP socket programming.. My Recieve Program #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <netinet/in.h> extern int errno; extern char *sys_erlist; void... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: collins
2 Replies

4. Programming

File Transfer over Sockets

Hello there !!!!!!!!! I got some problems trying to transfer a file through sockets. The Server must be in Java and the Client in C++ I came up with this code for the server : BufferedInputStream input; BufferedOutputStream output; public void send_data() throws IOException { ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcnikolas
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance issue in UNIX while generating .dat file from large text file

Hello Gurus, We are facing some performance issue in UNIX. If someone had faced such kind of issue in past please provide your suggestions on this . Problem Definition: /Few of load processes of our Finance Application are facing issue in UNIX when they uses a shell script having below... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: KRAMA
19 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search a large file with a list of terms in another file

Hi- I am trying to search a large file with a number of different search terms that are listed one per line in 3 different files. Most importantly I need to be able to do a case insensitive search. I have tried just using egrep -f but it doesn't seam to be able to handle the -i option when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dougzilla
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare large file and identify difference in separate file

I have a very large system generated file containing around 500K rows size 100MB like following HOME|ALICE STREET|3||NEW LISTING HOME|NEWPORT STREET|1||NEW LISTING HOME|KING STREET|5||NEW LISTING HOME|WINSOME AVENUE|4||MODIFICATION CAR|TOYOTA|4||NEW LISTING CAR|FORD|4||NEW... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jubaier
9 Replies

8. Linux

Split a large textfile (one file) into multiple file to base on ^L

Hi, Anyone can help, I have a large textfile (one file), and I need to split into multiple file to break each file into ^L. My textfile ========== abc company abc address abc contact ^L my company my address my contact my skills ^L your company your address ========== (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fspalero
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed awk: split a large file to unique file names

Dear Users, Appreciate your help if you could help me with splitting a large file > 1 million lines with sed or awk. below is the text in the file input file.txt scaffold1 928 929 C/T + scaffold1 942 943 G/C + scaffold1 959 960 C/T +... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapr0001
6 Replies
dbus-cleanup-sockets(1) 				      General Commands Manual					   dbus-cleanup-sockets(1)

NAME
dbus-cleanup-sockets - clean up leftover sockets in a directory SYNOPSIS
dbus-cleanup-sockets [DIRECTORY] DESCRIPTION
The dbus-cleanup-sockets command cleans up unused D-Bus connection sockets. See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ for more informa- tion about the big picture. If given no arguments, dbus-cleanup-sockets cleans up sockets in the standard default socket directory for the per-user-login-session mes- sage bus; this is usually /tmp. Optionally, you can pass a different directory on the command line. On Linux, this program is essentially useless, because D-Bus defaults to using "abstract sockets" that exist only in memory and don't have a corresponding file in /tmp. On most other flavors of UNIX, it's possible for the socket files to leak when programs using D-Bus exit abnormally or without closing their D-Bus connections. Thus, it might be interesting to run dbus-cleanup-sockets in a cron job to mop up any leaked sockets. Or you can just ignore the leaked sockets, they aren't really hurting anything, other than cluttering the output of "ls /tmp" AUTHOR
dbus-cleanup-sockets was adapted by Havoc Pennington from linc-cleanup-sockets written by Michael Meeks. BUGS
Please send bug reports to the D-Bus mailing list or bug tracker, see http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ dbus-cleanup-sockets(1)