Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl linux file name validation Post 302331367 by pludi on Monday 6th of July 2009 03:02:42 AM
Old 07-06-2009
Whoops, my bad. Change
Code:
/[-\w\.]/g

to
Code:
/^[-\w\.]+$/

This will check that the whole string, and fail if there's a non-matching character.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

form validation with perl

Hey guys, I'm just messing around with a perl webpage. The idea is to make a simple validation form that will later insert a record into my DVD database. it's all very basic at the moment, and I worked up my script from the form validation example I found on this website:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LNC
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Validation

Hi All, I am new to UNIX scripting. I need to validate a file. I need to check whether the file has a header , detail records and footer. If all the file is good I need to create a status file with the status 'Y' else 'N'. I have pasted the an example of the file below: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar66
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script :- Phone number validation

Hi All, I am doing a perl script validation for Phone numbers. The normal phone number format is 01-32145. I need to do two validations for the phone number 1) A valid phone number can have at least two digits as prefix and at least five digits as postfix. e.g. 01-01011 2) A... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Name Validation

Hi All, I am trying to validate the file name against the naming convention mentioned in configuration file. In the configuration file, the file name convention is mentioned as: Myfile_SQ<NN>_<NN>_YYYYMMDD_HHMMSS.xml The actual file received is Myfile_SQ10_30_20110423_073002.xml How do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: angshuman
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File validation

Hello, File contains 1,3 and 5 are required columns. it's working use this command. awk -F\| '$1 && $3 && $5' test1.txt > test2.txt How can use this unix programming.while using runnign this scirpt,it's raising the error. awk: ^ syntax error #!/usr/bin/ksh `awk -F\| '$1 &&... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bammidi
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: How to improve with minimal validation of its input??

The Code: #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; print "Please enter numbers, separated by commas: "; my $data=<STDIN>; chomp $data; my @dataset=split(/,/, $data); my $sum = 0; foreach my $num (@dataset) { $sum += $num; } my $total_nums = scalar(@dataset); my $mean =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validation of linux scripts

Hi, I have a script which invokes another script inside. Is there any way I can validate the script for syntax errors as well as checking if the files mentioned in the commands exist without executing it? Below is an example Example. ======================= Script1 #ksh echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krish000
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File validation

Hi there, As a part of file validation, I needed to check for delimiter count in the file. My aim is to find, how many records have failed to have predefined numbers of delimiters in the file. My code looks like below i=`awk -F '|' 'NF != 2 {print NR, $0} ' ${pinb_fldr}/${pfile}DAT |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandapani
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the File name of perl executable in Linux

Hi All, I just want to know how to get the executable name of the perl script as i know "$0" will give me the script name but i want to know the executable name which i got it from the script using pp command. Regards Raj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kar_333
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux xmllint schema validation fails but error code 0

Command line xmllint --schema validation fails but $? returns 0 myinput.xml: <myinput><header>mytestvalue</header></myinput>myschema.xsd <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xsd:element name="myinput" type="xsd:string"/> </xsd:schema>Command: $xmllint --schema... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mknag
4 Replies
SMRSH(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  SMRSH(8)

NAME
smrsh - restricted shell for sendmail SYNOPSIS
smrsh -c command DESCRIPTION
The smrsh program is intended as a replacement for sh for use in the ``prog'' mailer in sendmail(8) configuration files. It sharply limits the commands that can be run using the ``|program'' syntax of sendmail in order to improve the over all security of your system. Briefly, even if a ``bad guy'' can get sendmail to run a program without going through an alias or forward file, smrsh limits the set of programs that he or she can execute. Briefly, smrsh limits programs to be in a single directory, by default /usr/adm/sm.bin, allowing the system administrator to choose the set of acceptable commands, and to the shell builtin commands ``exec'', ``exit'', and ``echo''. It also rejects any commands with the charac- ters ``', `<', `>', `;', `$', `(', `)', ` ' (carriage return), or ` ' (newline) on the command line to prevent ``end run'' attacks. It allows ``||'' and ``&&'' to enable commands like: ``"|exec /usr/local/bin/filter || exit 75"'' Initial pathnames on programs are stripped, so forwarding to ``/usr/ucb/vacation'', ``/usr/bin/vacation'', ``/home/server/mydir/bin/vaca- tion'', and ``vacation'' all actually forward to ``/usr/adm/sm.bin/vacation''. System administrators should be conservative about populating the sm.bin directory. For example, a reasonable additions is vacation(1), and the like. No matter how brow-beaten you may be, never include any shell or shell-like program (such as perl(1)) in the sm.bin direc- tory. Note that this does not restrict the use of shell or perl scripts in the sm.bin directory (using the ``#!'' syntax); it simply dis- allows execution of arbitrary programs. Also, including mail filtering programs such as procmail(1) is a very bad idea. procmail(1) allows users to run arbitrary programs in their procmailrc(5). COMPILATION
Compilation should be trivial on most systems. You may need to use -DSMRSH_PATH="path" to adjust the default search path (defaults to ``/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb'') and/or -DSMRSH_CMDDIR="dir" to change the default program directory (defaults to ``/usr/adm/sm.bin''). FILES
/usr/adm/sm.bin - default directory for restricted programs on most OSs /var/adm/sm.bin - directory for restricted programs on HP UX and Solaris /usr/libexec/sm.bin - directory for restricted programs on FreeBSD (>= 3.3) and DragonFly BSD SEE ALSO
sendmail(8) $Date: 2004/08/06 03:55:35 $ SMRSH(8)