Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check free space in SVM
Operating Systems Solaris Check free space in SVM Post 302331353 by fugitive on Monday 6th of July 2009 02:02:36 AM
Old 07-06-2009
GNOM,

I got this error when i ran the said command

# metastat d109
d109: Soft Partition
Device: /dev/dsk/c1t5006016141E0A08Dd1s0
State: Okay
Size: 136314880 blocks (65 GB)
Device Start Block Dbase Reloc
/dev/dsk/c1t5006016141E0A08Dd1s0 0 No Yes

Extent Start Block Block count
0 197132299 136314880

Device Relocation Information:
Device Reloc Device ID
/dev/dsk/c1t5006016141E0A08Dd1 Yes id1,ssd@n6006016061201f000ea0e6469659dd11
root@xxxxxx # metarecover -v -n d109 -p
Verifying on-disk structures on d109.
found incorrect magic number 0, expected 20000127.
No extent headers found on d109.
d109: On-disk structures invalid or no soft partitions found.
metarecover: essapl020-u008: d0: bad magic number in extent header

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to check free disk space

hello, I have to check the free space on the disk that would work both on Windows and Unix platform e.g on C: \ for Windows and / on Unix. I could use Unix command 'df ' ( my windows system has Unix emulator cygwin and could run 'df ' as well). But I'd like not to rely on system command but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: susja
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

HDD free space check

Hi, I need to add a condition in a script. The script is executed only if there is free 8 Gigas space. I know if then fi I don't know how to write the condition on free space Thanks :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pppswing
1 Replies

3. Solaris

mirroring root disk using svm - but no free slices for metadb's

Hi all, we have an existing system that was configured using just one of the (two) internal disks. I want to mirror the disk using SVM, but have realised there is no free slice for creating the metadb's. Is there a workaround I can use for this? In the past we have always kept slice 7 free -... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Disk space missing under SVM

Hi Gurus, I've got an issue here: (1) Hardware: Sun NetraT1, (2) OS: Solaris 10, (3) SVM metastat shows /var having 12 GB. df shows /var having 4 GB. Real space for /var is about 4 GB since I can't move a big file to it. How is 8 GB space missing? Does /var/run swap need to account? Can I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Check free space in Solaris Volume Manager

I 've 300Gb Lun assigned to my system which has soft partitions , is there any way to check how much the space i have used out of 300Gb ? and how may more soft partitions i can create and expand the existing ones ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

6. Solaris

How to check free space for a metadevice in a diskset

Anyone know then command to check the unallocated disk space for a metadevice in a disk set? like: /dev/md/data/dsk/d830 Something similar to veritas command below is what I'm looking for: vxassist maxgrow <volume> ---------- Post updated at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous update was at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr_Webster
1 Replies

7. Solaris

No space left on device but free space and inodes are available...

hi guys, me again ;) i recently opened a thread about physical to zone migration. My zone is mounted over a "bigger" LUN (500GB) and step is now to move the old files, from the physical server, to my zone. We are talking about 22mio of files. i used rsync to do that and every time at... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta17
8 Replies

8. Fedora

Need to incrwase PHYSICAL VOLUME space on hard drive with free space on it

Hi, I run Fedora 17. I created a physical volume of 30GB on a disk with 60GB of space so there is 30GB of free space. On the physical volume, I created my volume group and logical volumes. I assigned all the space in the physical volume to my volume group. I need to add the 30GB of free space... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Reclaiming space SVM

Hi I have a solaris 10 server, that we no longer will be used, and the system has it storage on the NetApp. Most of the file systems that I have already umounthave the following entry on /etc/vfstab: df -h /ora* Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d400... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Check free disk space in server

Hi, I need about 500G space in one corporate solaris server. However, I am not sure which command to use to check this. There are few volume groups in the server, and I deleted unused, old volume groups to clear some space. However, now I am not sure how to check the free space itself. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
2 Replies
i2o_bs(7D)							      Devices								i2o_bs(7D)

NAME
i2o_bs - Block Storage OSM for I2O SYNOPSIS
disk@local target id#:a through u disk@local target id#:a through u raw DESCRIPTION
The I2O Block Storage OSM abstraction (BSA, which also is referred to as block storage class) layer is the primary interface that Solaris operating environments use to access block storage devices. A block storage device provides random access to a permanent storage medium. The i2o_bs device driver uses I2O Block Storage class messages to control the block device; and provides the same functionality (ioctls, for example) that is present in the Solaris device driver like 'cmdk, dadk' on x86 for disk. The maximum size disk supported by i2o_bs is the same as what is available on x86. The i2o_bs is currently implemented version 1.5 of Intelligent IO specification. The block files access the disk using the system's normal buffering mechanism and are read and written without regard to physical disk records. There is also a "raw" interface that provides for direct transmission between the disk and the user's read or write buffer. A single read or write call usually results in one I/O operation; raw I/O is therefore considerably more efficient when many bytes are transmitted. The names of the block files are found in /dev/dsk; the names of the raw files are found in /dev/rdsk. I2O associates each block storage device with a unique ID called a local target id that is assigned by I2O hardware. This information can be acquired by the block storage OSM through I2O Block Storage class messages. For Block Storage OSM, nodes are created in /devices/pci#/pci# which include the local target ID as one component of device name that the node refers to. However the /dev names and the names in /dev/dsk and /dev/rdsk do not encode the local target id in any part of the name. For example, you might have the following: /devices/ /dev/dsk name --------------------------------------------------------------- /devices/pci@0,0/pci101e,0@10,1/disk@10:a /dev/dsk/c1d0s0 I/O requests to the disk must have an offset and transfer length that is a multiple of 512 bytes or the driver returns an EINVAL error. Slice 0 is normally used for the root file system on a disk, slice 1 is used as a paging area (for example, swap), and slice 2 for backing up the entire fdisk partition for Solaris software. Other slices may be used for usr file systems or system reserved area. Fdisk partition 0 is to access the entire disk and is generally used by the fdisk(1M) program. FILES
/dev/dsk/cndn[s|p]n block device /dev/rdsk/cndn[s|p]n raw device where: cn controller n dn instance number sn UNIX system slice n (0-15) pn fdisk partition(0) /kernel/drv/i2o_bs i2o_bs driver /kernel/drv/i2o_bs.conf Configuration file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE |ATTRIBUTE VALUE +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fdisk(1M), format(1M)mount(1M),lseek(2), read(2), write(2), readdir(3C), vfstab(4), acct.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), dkio(7I) SunOS 5.10 21 Jul 1998 i2o_bs(7D)