Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue with setfacl
Operating Systems Solaris Issue with setfacl Post 302331076 by kumarmani on Friday 3rd of July 2009 10:41:08 AM
Old 07-03-2009
Yes, it’s not allowing the user1 to modify the files which are own by root.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Usage of setfacl

Hi, I have a directory with 700 permissions. I intend to give rwx privileges to a user which does not belong to the group. I am using the following command setfacl -m u:prod:rwx test when I checked the privileges using getfacl -a test the output was as follows: # file: test #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chakri400
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setfacl

I use: setfacl -m user:bbb:rwx folder1 to give user bbb the permission to go into my folder folder1, and cd folder1 setfacl -m user:bbb:rwx * to give bbb the permission under this folder. however, bbb can not cd to folder1, and got "permission denied" messages. the umask is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredao
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setfacl permission issue

My Admin has written a shell script (Filepermission.ksh) with the following commands and provided me 'exeutive' privileges. However, when I try to run the script, I am getting the following error message. Can some one tell me what could be missing? Thank you for your continued support. Script: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeganP
0 Replies

4. Solaris

How to use setfacl

Hi all, If, for e.g. I have folder with permissions like this: drwxr-xr-x 2 fuad_ftp nms 96 Jan 8 13:55 test I want to give for user user123 acces rwx using setfacl: setfacl -m user:user123:rwx test But effective rights still is r-x because of mask... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nypreH
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Please help --setfacl: illegal option -- R

when i am executing setfacl -Rm u:ggoyal2:rwx,m:rwx dir i am getting error bash-3.00# setfacl -Rm u:ggoyal2:rwx,m:rwx dir setfacl: illegal option -- R usage: setfacl -f aclfile file ... setfacl -d acl_entries file ... setfacl -m acl_entries file ... setfacl -s acl_entries file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj_dahiya22
2 Replies

6. Solaris

setfacl on a directory

Hi All, I am trying to set an ACL for a directory on my Solaris 10 box. I have an application which resides under /opt/CA directory. Application is installed by root and running as root. All log and configuration files are placed under /opt/CA as well. What I am trying to do is granting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niyazi
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setfacl directory limit

hello, I am using XFS filesystem & ACL (setfacl/getfacl). I can set ACL entries only for 21 users per one directory. For the 22nd user it shows invalid argument. Has somebody the same problem? I need to override this limit. thnks in advance david (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sigd
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help needed with setfacl

Hi, On the setfacl, I am trying to make one user with no rwx privilleges. After reading the man page I still can't get it. Please let me know the correct command. set user - SAM to have NO rwx privilleges on NEW objects setfacl -dm user:sam:--- /opt set user - SAM to have NO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies
CGI
::Application::Plugin::Authentication::Driver::GeneriUsermContributed Perl DocumeCGI::Application::Plugin::Authentication::Driver::Generic(3pm) NAME
CGI::Application::Plugin::Authentication::Driver::Generic - Generic Authentication driver VERSION
This document describes CGI::Application::Plugin::Authentication::Driver::Generic version 0.20 SYNOPSIS
use base qw(CGI::Application); use CGI::Application::Plugin::Authentication; __PACKAGE__->authen->config( DRIVER => [ 'Generic', { user1 => '123', user2 => '123' } ], ); DESCRIPTION
This Driver offers a simple way to provide a user database to the CGI::Application::Plugin::Authentication plugin. It offers three ways to provide a list of users to the plugin by providing a hash of username/password pairs, an array of arrays containing the username and password pairs, or a code reference that returns back the username, or undef on success or failure. EXAMPLE
my %users = ( user1 => '123', user2 => '123', ); __PACKAGE__->authen->config( DRIVER => [ 'Generic', \%users ], ); - or - my @users = ( ['example.com', 'user1', '123'], ['example.com', 'user2', '123'], ['foobar.com', 'user1', '123'], ); __PACKAGE__->authen->config( DRIVER => [ 'Generic', @users ], CREDENTIALS => [ 'authen_domain', 'authen_username', 'authen_password' ] ); - or - sub check_password { my @credentials = @_; if ($credentials[0] eq 'test' && $credentials[1] eq 'secret') { return 'testuser'; } return; } __PACKAGE__->authen->config( DRIVER => [ 'Generic', &check_password ], ); METHODS
verify_credentials This method will test the provided credentials against either the hash ref, array ref or code ref that the driver was configured with. SEE ALSO
CGI::Application::Plugin::Authentication::Driver, CGI::Application::Plugin::Authentication, perl(1) LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005, SiteSuite. All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
BECAUSE THIS SOFTWARE IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE SOFTWARE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE SOFTWARE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE SOFTWARE PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE SOFTWARE AS PERMITTED BY THE ABOVE LICENCE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. perl v5.12.3 2011-05-16 CGI::Application::Plugin::Authentication::Driver::Generic(3pm)