Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue with setfacl
Operating Systems Solaris Issue with setfacl Post 302331042 by kumarmani on Friday 3rd of July 2009 07:39:16 AM
Old 07-03-2009
Issue with setfacl

Hi Experts,

I have set access control to a directory which is under / as /proj1 and set the access to user1 as below

Quote:
#setfacl –m user:user1:wrx,umask:wrx /proj1
Once I logging as user1 I am able to create and modify the file which is created by user1 however I am unable to edit / modify the file which is own by root.

Please help!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Usage of setfacl

Hi, I have a directory with 700 permissions. I intend to give rwx privileges to a user which does not belong to the group. I am using the following command setfacl -m u:prod:rwx test when I checked the privileges using getfacl -a test the output was as follows: # file: test #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chakri400
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setfacl

I use: setfacl -m user:bbb:rwx folder1 to give user bbb the permission to go into my folder folder1, and cd folder1 setfacl -m user:bbb:rwx * to give bbb the permission under this folder. however, bbb can not cd to folder1, and got "permission denied" messages. the umask is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredao
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setfacl permission issue

My Admin has written a shell script (Filepermission.ksh) with the following commands and provided me 'exeutive' privileges. However, when I try to run the script, I am getting the following error message. Can some one tell me what could be missing? Thank you for your continued support. Script: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeganP
0 Replies

4. Solaris

How to use setfacl

Hi all, If, for e.g. I have folder with permissions like this: drwxr-xr-x 2 fuad_ftp nms 96 Jan 8 13:55 test I want to give for user user123 acces rwx using setfacl: setfacl -m user:user123:rwx test But effective rights still is r-x because of mask... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nypreH
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Please help --setfacl: illegal option -- R

when i am executing setfacl -Rm u:ggoyal2:rwx,m:rwx dir i am getting error bash-3.00# setfacl -Rm u:ggoyal2:rwx,m:rwx dir setfacl: illegal option -- R usage: setfacl -f aclfile file ... setfacl -d acl_entries file ... setfacl -m acl_entries file ... setfacl -s acl_entries file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj_dahiya22
2 Replies

6. Solaris

setfacl on a directory

Hi All, I am trying to set an ACL for a directory on my Solaris 10 box. I have an application which resides under /opt/CA directory. Application is installed by root and running as root. All log and configuration files are placed under /opt/CA as well. What I am trying to do is granting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niyazi
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setfacl directory limit

hello, I am using XFS filesystem & ACL (setfacl/getfacl). I can set ACL entries only for 21 users per one directory. For the 22nd user it shows invalid argument. Has somebody the same problem? I need to override this limit. thnks in advance david (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sigd
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help needed with setfacl

Hi, On the setfacl, I am trying to make one user with no rwx privilleges. After reading the man page I still can't get it. Please let me know the correct command. set user - SAM to have NO rwx privilleges on NEW objects setfacl -dm user:sam:--- /opt set user - SAM to have NO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies
MKDIC(1)						      General Commands Manual							  MKDIC(1)

NAME
mkdic - Tool for creating a user dictionary SYNOPSIS
mkdic [{-cs|-cannaserver} canna-server] [-s] [- | -l local-file] remote-dic DESCRIPTION
mkdic creates user dictionary named remote-dic in the user dictionary directory of the remote host, on which cannaserver(1M) is in opera- tion. Dictionary file name remote-dic is assigned to this file at this time. If the - and -l option isn't specified, mkdic creates an empty dictionary. If the - option is specified, the standard input will be used as the dictionary file. If the -l option is specified, local-file will be used as the dictionary file. If the user dictionary directory does not exist, it will be created. Dictionary directory file -- dics.dir -- is rewritten automatically after the registering. The registered dictionary can thus be used by writing the dictionary name into the customize file. OPTIONS
-cs canna-server (or -cannaserver canna-server) Specifies the server machine that contains the dictionary to be created. -s Indicates that the dictionary to be created is an adjunct dictionary. If this option is omitted, the dictionary will be cre- ated as an independent-word one. -l local-file Registers the input data from local-file. - The standard input will be used as the dictionary file. EXAMPLES(1) If you want to creat an empty dictionary file: % mkdic test(2) If you want to register the input data from the standard input: % mkdic test - Registers the input data from the standard input, in the user dictionary directory under dictionary name ``test''. The following line is then added to dictionary directory file -- dics.dir -- : user1.t(.mwd) -test-(3) If the dictionary file is specified: % mkdic test -l test1.t Registers independent-word dictionary file ``test1.t'' in the remote host's user dictionary directory under dictionary name ``test''. The following line is then added to dics.dir: user1.t(.mvd) -test- user1.t is a dictionary file name generated automatically by the system. SEE ALSO
catdic(1), cannaserver(1M), lsdic(1) MKDIC(1)