Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl with Excel Graph
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl with Excel Graph Post 302331039 by dinjo_jo on Friday 3rd of July 2009 06:50:49 AM
Old 07-03-2009
Go to search.cpan.org and search for what you looking out.
SpreadSheet:: WriteExcel does have the functionality to add chart.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL - [B]Cloning[/B] an Excel file

Hi I plan to read an excel file (using Spreadsheet::ParseExcel) and create a clone of it with some other name (using Spreadsheet::WriteExcel). I am able to get the skeleton by reading cells in every pair of every worksheet. But I am not able to get the format string of these cells. I want the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivay
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: Split Excel Workbook to Indiv Excel files

Hi, I am trying to find a way to read an excel work book with multiple worksheets. And write each worksheet into a new excel file using perl. My environment is Unix. For example: I have an excel workbook TEST.xls and it has Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3 worksheets. I would like to create... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep78
2 Replies

3. Programming

Perl GD::Graph and outputting to a graphics file

To successfully export a perl GD::Graph object to a graphics file (e.g. a .png file), do you do the following ? # Set graph data $graph->set(....); $graph->plot(\@graph_data); open(IMG,'>file.png') or die $!; binmode IMG; print IMG $graph->png; close IMG; Reason Im asking is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
1 Replies

4. AIX

Description Graph excel NMON

Bonjour, Après avoir découvert Nmon puis la macro excel, je souhaite comprendre la description de graphe _________________ SYS_SUMM CPU% ??? IO/sec ??? _________________ CPU_ALL User% ??? Sys% ??? Wait% ??? _________________ DISK_SUMM Disk Read KB/s = Lecture disk en kilo bytes... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephane99
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Plotting a graph using Perl

Dear all, I have a hash in my data file and I'd like to output the data contained within as a graph (can be lines or histogram form) but I dont know how to do this with Perl. Can somone suggest how I can have a graph with Keys of the hash being on the X-axis and the Values for the keys plotted on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

formula missing in excel after using perl

Dear all, I got a template excel file which contains several worksheets. Each worksheet contains some formulas in the cells. I am using the perl script to read a CSV file and then put the data of CSV into template excel file(first worksheet) and then save it as new file name using ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldonlck
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formula missing in excel after using perl

Hi all, I use "Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::SaveParser" to - read a existing excel file with : $Parser = Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::SaveParser->new(); $HeaderFile = $Parser->Parse("XLS_FILE_ACCESS"); - modify some values in somes cell with : $worksheet->AddCell($row_target,$col_max,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yom
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing excel file using perl : Excel file formatting changed

I am trying to create a program where user can input data in certain excel cells using user interface on internet....the programming is on perl and server is unix But when i parse data into excel the formatting of sheets is turned to default and all macro coding removed. What to do...Please... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mud_born
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl CGI : unable to download the excel sheet from perl cgi page

Hi All, I have written an cgi perl script that displays an image(Excel image) and when clicked on that Image I need to download a excel sheet. I made sure that excel sheet exists in the folder with the given name but still I am not able to download the sheet. print "<center><table... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to Merge contents of 2 different excel files in a single excel file

All, I have an excel sheet Excel1.xls that has some entries. I have one more excel sheet Excel2.xls that has entries only in those cells which are blank in Excel1.xls These may be in different workbooks. They are totally independent made by 2 different users. I have placed them in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anamika08
1 Replies
Chart::Clicker::Tutorial(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Chart::Clicker::Tutorial(3pm)

NAME
Chart::Clicker::Tutorial - A Tutorial for using Chart::Clicker VERSION
version 2.83 DESCRIPTION
This document aims to provide a tutorial for using Chart::Clicker. EXAMPLES
Simple chart from a single data source # grab the needed modules use Chart::Clicker; use Chart::Clicker::Data::Series; use Chart::Clicker::Data::DataSet; # build the chart my $chart = Chart::Clicker->new; # build the series (static here, will usually be supplied arrayrefs from elsewhere) my $series = Chart::Clicker::Data::Series->new( keys => [ 1,2,3,4,5 ], values => [ 52,74,52,82,14 ], ); # build the dataset my $dataset = Chart::Clicker::Data::DataSet->new( series => [ $series ], ); # add the dataset to the chart $chart->add_to_datasets($dataset); # write the chart to a file $chart->write_output('chart.png'); Simple chart from multiple data sources use Chart::Clicker; use Chart::Clicker::Data::Series; use Chart::Clicker::Data::DataSet; my $chart = Chart::Clicker->new; # start an array that will hold the series data my $series1 = Chart::Clicker::Data::Series->new( keys => [ 1,2,3,4,5 ], values => [ 52,74,52,82,14 ] ); my $series2 = Chart::Clicker::Data::Series->new( keys => [ 1,2,3,4,5 ], values => [ 34,67,89,45,67 ] ); # add the array of series data to the dataset my $dataset = Chart::Clicker::Data::DataSet->new( series => [ $series1, $series2 ] ); $chart->add_to_datasets($dataset); $chart->write_output('chart.png'); Simple chart with multiple data sources and custom colors use Chart::Clicker; use Chart::Clicker::Data::Series; use Chart::Clicker::Data::DataSet; # some new modules, these are only needed if you want to monkey with color changing use Graphics::Color::RGB; use Chart::Clicker::Drawing::ColorAllocator; # build the color allocator my $ca = Chart::Clicker::Drawing::ColorAllocator->new; # this hash is simply here to make things readable and cleaner, you can always call G::C::R inline my $red = Graphics::Color::RGB->new({ red => .75, green => 0, blue => 0, alpha => .8 }); my $green = Graphics::Color::RGB->new({ red => 0,green => .75, blue=> 0, alpha=> .8 }); my $blue = Graphics::Color::RGB->new({ red => 0, green => 0, blue => .75, alpha => .8 }), my $chart = Chart::Clicker->new; # Create an empty dataset that we can add to my $dataset = Chart::Clicker::Data::DataSet->new; $dataset->add_to_series(Chart::Clicker::Data::Series->new( keys => [ 1,2,3,4,5 ], values => [ 52,74,52,82,14 ] )); # add a color - note that the order of colors and the order of the # series must match, the first series will use the first color and so on # see contexts and axes for alternate ways of doing this $ca->add_to_colors($blue); $dataset->add_to_series(Chart::Clicker::Data::Series->new( keys => [ 1,2,3,4,5 ], values => [ 34,67,89,45,67 ] )); # add a second color $ca->add_to_colors($red); $dataset->add_to_series(Chart::Clicker::Data::Series->new( keys => [ 1,2,3,4,5 ], values => [ 11,22,33,44,55 ] )); # add a third color $ca->add_to_colors($green); $chart->add_to_datasets($dataset); # assign the color allocator to the chart $chart->color_allocator($ca); $chart->write_output('chart.png'); Example 4 : Simple chart with a different render type use Chart::Clicker; use Chart::Clicker::Data::Series; use Chart::Clicker::Data::DataSet; # add in the module of the renerer(s) you want to use use Chart::Clicker::Renderer::Area; my $chart = Chart::Clicker->new; my $series = Chart::Clicker::Data::Series->new( keys => [ 1,2,3,4,5 ], values => [ 52,74,52,82,14 ] ); my $dataset = Chart::Clicker::Data::DataSet->new( series => [ $series ] ); $chart->add_to_datasets($dataset); # build the renderer to use my $renderer = Chart::Clicker::Renderer::Area->new( opacity => .75, ); # assign the renderer to the default context $chart->set_renderer($renderer); $chart->write_output('chart.png'); Example 5 : Width and Height my $chart = Chart::Clicker->new(width => 1024, height => 768); Example 6 : PDF (or SVG or PS) my $chart = Chart::Clicker->new(format => 'pdf'); # Create the rest of your chart normally $chart->write_output('chart.pdf'); Example 7 : Hide the Legend and X-Axis my $chart = Chart::Clicker->new; # hide the legend $chart->legend->visible(0); # hide the X-Axis $chart->get_context('default')->domain_axis->hidden(1); Example 8 : Change the display format of the Y-Axis my $chart = Chart::Clicker->new; # a sprintf format to have 3 decimal places showing on the Y-Axis $chart->get_context('default')->range_axis->format('%.3f'); DISCLAIMER
This is a work in progress. If you find errors or would like to make contributions, drop me a line! AUTHOR
Cory G Watson <gphat@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Cold Hard Code, LLC. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-22 Chart::Clicker::Tutorial(3pm)