Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ping, sometimes succeed.
Special Forums IP Networking ping, sometimes succeed. Post 302331028 by hansul on Friday 3rd of July 2009 06:06:06 AM
Old 07-03-2009
Dependent on the platform you are on, try running a traceoute (or tracert Smilie) to the 192.168.*.* from both the 10.254.*.* servers and see where it is failing. It could be something as simple as adding a route.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ping -t

I need a script that recieves an IP adress and a number of seconds as arguments. and display a massage if the IP replies or not. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaber87
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can't ping IP

hi , i have problem that i can't ping machine , machine is in running state but i can't access or ping it .. but when i restarts that machine it works fine. can anybody have an idea abou this problem .. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tahir23
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

can't ping by ip

hi, I m trying to ping ip on the network . The machine is started but i can't access and can't ping it .. But when i restarts that machine that works fine..... can anybody have an idea about this problem ?? if then reply .. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tahir23
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

can ping doing this?..

i have question about this problem,, could i ping ip address with the range 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.2.200 ? ip address begin from 192.168.1.1 until 192.168.2.200 ? could ping (not fping) doing that? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: demhyt
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Animation Ping on Solaris Like Cisco Ping

Hi, I develop simple animation ping script on Solaris Platform. It is like Cisco ping. Examples and source code are below. bash-3.00$ gokcell 152.155.180.8 30 Sending 30 Ping Packets to 152.155.180.8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. % 93.33 success... % 6.66 packet loss...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokcell
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

PING

I am unable to ping my remote server.My server is unable to ping the same. both are able to ping the gateway. both the ip's are on same network.i use a proxy tunnel on my remote server.Help if any clues. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: oslbhavana
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get reason for ping failure using perls Net::Ping->new("icmp");?

Hi I am using perl to ping a list of nodes - with script below : $p = Net::Ping->new("icmp"); if ($p->ping($host,1)){ print "$host is alive.\n"; } else { print "$host is unreacheable.\n"; } $p->close();... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tavanagh
4 Replies

8. Programming

Ping test sends mail when ping fails

help with bash script! im am working on this script to make sure my server will stay online, so i made this script.. HOSTS="192.168.138.155" COUNT=4 pingtest(){ for myhost in "$@" do ping -c "$COUNT" "$myhost" &&return 1 done return 0 } if pingtest $HOSTS #100% failed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mort3924
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to write a Boolean variable which succeed and failed inside the if loop in shell script ?

I have if loop with multiple variable value check in if loop. How can i print only if loop satisfied variable and its value in shell script ? I dont want to check each variable in if loop. That makes my script larger. if ] then echo "Only satisfied variable with value" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince1987
3 Replies
OCF_PACEMAKER_PING(7)					      Pacemaker Configuration					     OCF_PACEMAKER_PING(7)

NAME
ocf_pacemaker_ping - node connectivity SYNOPSIS
[OCF_RESKEY_pidfile=string] [OCF_RESKEY_dampen=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_name=string] [OCF_RESKEY_multiplier=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_host_list=string] [OCF_RESKEY_attempts=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_timeout=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_options=string] [OCF_RESKEY_debug=string] ping [start | stop | reload | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Every time the monitor action is run, this resource agent records (in the CIB) the current number of ping nodes the host can connect to. It is essentially the same as pingd except that it uses the system ping tool to obtain the results. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
OCF_RESKEY_pidfile = string [/ping-] PID file OCF_RESKEY_dampen = integer [5s] Dampening interval The time to wait (dampening) further changes occur OCF_RESKEY_name = string [pingd] Attribute name The name of the attributes to set. This is the name to be used in the constraints. OCF_RESKEY_multiplier = integer [] Value multiplier The number by which to multiply the number of connected ping nodes by OCF_RESKEY_host_list = string [] Host list The list of ping nodes to count. OCF_RESKEY_attempts = integer [2] no. of ping attempts Number of ping attempts, per host, before declaring it dead OCF_RESKEY_timeout = integer [2] ping timeout in seconds How long, in seconds, to wait before declaring a ping lost OCF_RESKEY_options = string [] Extra Options A catch all for any other options that need to be passed to ping. OCF_RESKEY_debug = string [false] Verbose logging Enables to use default attrd_updater verbose logging on every call. AUTHOR
Andrew Beekhof <andrew@beekhof.net> Author. Pacemaker Configuration 04/17/2012 OCF_PACEMAKER_PING(7)