Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Make a list in bash out of arguments Post 302330886 by jolecanard on Thursday 2nd of July 2009 04:12:38 PM
Old 07-02-2009
Thanks for your answer!!

I will try that right now. However, there is one more thing: in reality I want to skip the first argument. I know I can use a "if" condition so that if $i == 1, then I do nothing.
Is there a nicer way to force the "for" loop to start with i=2 ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make new arguments for echo command

Hi everybody, i want to make an argument at echo command that takes a alpharithmetic and returns it reversed. How this can be done? plus what makefile changes are needed (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Panteras
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read arguments to make command

In the make file update updateq: ------------------- ---------- i want the makefile to display some messages when user gives "make update", but totally quite wehn user enters "make updateq". Can u tell me how to read these argument in makefile. $1 doesnt work:( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikashtulsiyan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make your bash script run on a machine with csh and bash

hi, i have a script that runs on bash and would like to run it on a machine that has csh and bash. the default setting on that machine is csh. i dont want to change my code to run it with a csh shell. is there any way i can run the script (written in bash) on this machine? in other words is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
3 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

I need to make a script that has 4 command line arguments to function properly.

I have no idea what the following means. The teacher is too advanced for me to understand fully. We literally went from running a few commands over the last few months to starting shell scripting. I am not a programmer, I am more hardware oriented. I wish I knew what this question was asking... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wookard
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make 2 separate arguments in 1 bash script?

This is what I have: #!/bin/bash #ascript.sh WORD1=`tail -n +$1 /home/gscn/word1.txt | head -1` sed -e "s/WORD1/$WORD1/g" < /home/gscn/configtmp > /home/gscn/config WORD2=`tail -n +$1 /home/gscn/word2.txt | head -1` sed -e "s/WORD2/$WORD2/g" < /home/gscn/config2tmp >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guitarscn
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make bash wrapper for java/groovy program with variable length arguments lists?

The following bash script does not work because the java/groovy code always thinks there are four arguments even if there are only 1 or 2. As you can see from my hideous backslashes, I am using cygwin bash on windows. export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make shell script arguments optional?

Here is my script: #!/bin/ksh usage () { echo " Usage: $0 <opt1> <opt2> <opt3> <opt4>" } if ; then usage exit; fi prog -a $1 -b $2 -c $3 -d $4 2>&1 | tee -a ~/$1.log I want argument 4 to be optional, so if there's no argument for opt4, that it doesn't... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: guitarscn
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command - filename as arguments - make executable to all users.

Edit: Sorry. Mistakenly posted - please delete (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reddax
3 Replies

9. Programming

Make a file accept only two arguments from the command line

DELETED (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ProgMan2015
2 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Make a file accept only two arguments from the command line

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: 1) The script is executed in the Korn shell. 2) Name the shell script file is asg6s. 3) The asg6s file is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ProgMan2015
7 Replies
SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)				       systemd-fsck@.service					  SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-fsck@.service, systemd-fsck-root.service, systemd-fsck - File system checker logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-fsck@.service systemd-fsck-root.service /lib/systemd/systemd-fsck DESCRIPTION
systemd-fsck@.service and systemd-fsck-root.service are services responsible for file system checks. They are instantiated for each device that is configured for file system checking. systemd-fsck-root.service is responsible for file system checks on the root file system, but only if the root filesystem was not checked in the initramfs. systemd-fsck@.service is used for all other file systems and for the root file system in the initramfs. These services are started at boot if passno in /etc/fstab for the file system is set to a value greater than zero. The file system check for root is performed before the other file systems. Other file systems may be checked in parallel, except when they are on the same rotating disk. systemd-fsck does not know any details about specific filesystems, and simply executes file system checkers specific to each filesystem type (/sbin/fsck.*). This helper will decide if the filesystem should actually be checked based on the time since last check, number of mounts, unclean unmount, etc. If a file system check fails for a service without nofail, emergency mode is activated, by isolating to emergency.target. KERNEL COMMAND LINE
systemd-fsck understands these kernel command line parameters: fsck.mode= One of "auto", "force", "skip". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "auto", and ensures that file system checks are done when the file system checker deems them necessary. "force" unconditionally results in full file system checks. "skip" skips any file system checks. fsck.repair= One of "preen", "yes", "no". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "preen", and will automatically repair problems that can be safely fixed. "yes" will answer yes to all questions by fsck and "no" will answer no to all questions. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), fsck(8), systemd-quotacheck.service(8), fsck.btrfs(8), fsck.cramfs(8), fsck.ext4(8), fsck.fat(8), fsck.hfsplus(8), fsck.minix(8), fsck.ntfs(8), fsck.xfs(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)