Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: KSH - Sourced file location
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting KSH - Sourced file location Post 302330566 by Al262 on Wednesday 1st of July 2009 04:23:01 PM
Old 07-01-2009
RE: KSH - Sourced file location

Understand it completely.

Again, I was looking (hoping) for a $0 equivalent for the sourced file. I realize the $0 is the invoked script.

Thanks for the reponses, hopefully someone will provide some insight.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

which file is sourced by bash on login (Mac OS X 10.5.3)?

Hi: So my current Python (2.52) rig is not working as intended. "echo $PATH" in bash gives me 'X'" that's not what i want, so i need to change my path. To do that, there appeared to be four choices (all in my ~/ directory--note: I'm root, it's my Mac, but i'm in a user account): .profile... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alex_Land
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit from sourced script

Hello, I have written a script (say chld.sh). its structure is as follows: ------------------------ #!/bin/sh usage() { echo "chld.sh <param1> <param2>" exit 0 } chk_param_1() { case $param1 in c) export PATH=$PATH:/home_a/bin/execs;; d) export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: angad.makkar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put one string from one location to another location in a file

Hi Everyone, I have 1.txt here a b c' funny"yes"; d e The finally output is: here a b c d e' funny"yes"; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quitting from a script, either sourced or not

This is a very simple problem, I am wondering why I can find no answer anywhere... I have a script that can be run either sourced or not. This script has some place where it needs to quit execution (e.g., when an error is found) If I "exit", the sourced call would exit the parent shell, but... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadMage
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error Installing Env::Sourced

Hello, I am trying to install Env::Sourced and i get the following error. sh: source: not found sh: include.sh: not found Unable to determine your shells source program, typically 'source' or '.' How can i overcome this? Best Regards, Christos (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File created in a different location instead of desired location on using crontab

Hi, I am logging to a linux server through a user "user1" in /home directory. There is a script in a directory in 'root' for which all permissions are available including the directory. This script when executed creates a file in the directory. When the script is added to crontab, on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: archana.n
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy a file from one location to another location?

I have file file1.txt in location 'loc1'. Now i want a copy of this file in location 'loc2' with a new file called test.txt. Please help me how to do this in shell script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a existing file location and directory location in Solaris box?

Hi This is my third past and very impressed with previous post replies Hoping the same for below query How to find a existing file location and directory location in solaris box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buzzme
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh using input file with output going to same file name and location

I've been asked if I can write a "quick" little ksh script that will do the following: java java_class_file /dir/input_file.xml /dir/output_file.xml I'm a complete newbie with ksh so any help would be appreciated. This is on AIX and java is found in /usr/java5/jre/bin/java (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_ksh
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use find with cp and sed in ksh to copy files to a slightly different location

Hello there wonderful people, I am running on Solaris 10 and with the following ksh version: strings /bin/ksh | grep Version | tail -2 @(#)Version M-11/16/88i Suppose I want to copy files that end in _v2 from underneath /dir1/dir2/save directory to /dir1/dir2. Basically, what I’m... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
12 Replies
Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures					    Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_AllowExceptions - allow all exceptions in next script evaluation SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_AllowExceptions(interp) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in which script will be evaluated. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
If a script is evaluated at top-level (i.e. no other scripts are pending evaluation when the script is invoked), and if the script termi- nates with a completion code other than TCL_OK, TCL_ERROR or TCL_RETURN, then Tcl normally converts this into a TCL_ERROR return with an appropriate message. The particular script evaluation procedures of Tcl that act in the manner are Tcl_EvalObjEx, Tcl_EvalObjv, Tcl_Eval, Tcl_EvalEx, Tcl_GlobalEval, Tcl_GlobalEvalObj, Tcl_VarEval and Tcl_VarEvalVA. However, if Tcl_AllowExceptions is invoked immediately before calling one of those a procedures, then arbitrary completion codes are per- mitted from the script, and they are returned without modification. This is useful in cases where the caller can deal with exceptions such as TCL_BREAK or TCL_CONTINUE in a meaningful way. KEYWORDS
continue, break, exception, interpreter Tcl 7.4 Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)