Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting search a word in a xml file and print the out put Post 302330357 by prasperl on Wednesday 1st of July 2009 02:44:35 AM
Old 07-01-2009
Try this in perl!

You can try this in perl!

Code:
#!/usr/local/bin/perl
open( INPUT_FILE, "$ARGV[0]" ) || die "Cannot open input file $ARGV[0]\n";
while ($line = <INPUT_FILE>)
        {
                chop $line;
                @base=split(/\>/,$line);
                $base[0] =~ s/[\<]*//;
                $LengthOfTag=length($base[0]);
                $TotalLength=length($line);
                $FinalLength=$TotalLength - $LengthOfTag - $LengthOfTag - 5;
                $val=substr($line,$LengthOfTag+2,$FinalLength);
                if ( $base[0] eq "listen-port" )
                {
                        print "$val\n";
                }
        }
close(INPUT_FILE);

Last edited by Yogesh Sawant; 07-01-2009 at 04:31 AM.. Reason: added code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search word in a line and print earlier pattern match

Hi All, I have almost 1000+ files and I want to search specific pattern. Looking forwarded your input. Search for: word1.word2 (Which procedure contain this word, I need procedure name in output. Expected output: procedure test1 procedure test2 procedure test3 procedure test4 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: susau_79
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for word in a xml file and replace it with something else

Hello Unix Users, I am very new to Unix so I am not sure how do I do the following. I need a script such that when I type the following in the command prompt > . scriptName.sh wordToBeReplaced DirectoryLocation will find the word someword located in a somefile.xml in DirectoryLocation... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: 5211171
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put a word starting at particular position in a file using shell scripting

Hi all, I'm new to shell scripting and hence this query. I have 2 files. temp.txt and config.txt. The values in temp.txt are tab separated. ex: temp.txt AB CDE GHIJ OPQRS WXY ex:config.txt (1st line for 1st element of temp.txt and so on) start = '1' end='5' start = '6' end =... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhrap.das
26 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a word and print specific string using awk

Hi, I have list of directory paths in a variable and i want to delete those dirs and if dir does not exist then search that string and get the correct path from xml file after that delete the correct directory. i tried to use grep and it prints the entire line from the search.once i get the entire... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragon.1431
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search-word-print-specific-string

Hi, Our input xml looks like: <doc> <str name="account_id">1111</str> <str name="prd_id">DHEP155EK</str> </doc> - <doc> <str name="account_id">6666</str> <str name="prd_id">394531662</str> </doc> - <doc> <str name="account_id">6666</str> <str... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jassz
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to search for a particular word in files and print the word and path name

Hi, i am new to unix shell scripting and i need a script which would search for a particular word in all the files present in a directory. The output should have the word and file path name. For example: "word" "path name". Thanks for the reply in adv,:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtual_45
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search string in unix and print whole matching word

Hi I have requirement to search string starting with specific characters and print whole matching word in that string. example mystr="ATTRIBUTE NAME="Event Name" VALUE="Execute"" I want to search by passing "NAME=" and result should be NAME="Event Name". i am using below command but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Search for a word and print the next word

Hi, I am trying to search for a word and print the next word. For example: My text is "<TRANSFORMATION TYPE ="Lookup Procedure">" I am searching for "TYPE" and trying to print ="Lookup Procedure" I have written a code like following: echo $line | nawk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sampoorna
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a specific word and print only the word from the input file

Hi, I have a sample file as shown below, I am looking for sed or any command which prints the complete word only from the input file. Ex: $ cat "sample.log" I am searching for a word which is present in this file We can do a pattern search using grep but I need to cut only the word which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan_kumarcs
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace the string with new word using xml tags

Hi All i need to replace the url1 inside <remote> tag in below xml in first instance and in the second instance with url2. any help appreciated <locations> <hudson.scm.SubversionSCM_-ModuleLocation> <remote>https://svn2015.com/svn/repos/internalshard</remote> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madankumar.t@hp
4 Replies
PFUNC(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 PFUNC(1p)

NAME
pfunc - grep for perl functions SYNOPSIS
pfunc subroutine FILES... DESCRIPTION
pfunc searches the named FILES for all calls to the given subroutine. It will report back the file and line number each call is found on along with what sort of call it is function foo() class method Class->foo() object method $obj->foo() EXAMPLE
$ pfunc isa /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/*.pm Called as function in /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/CGI.pm at line 316 Called as function in /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/CGI.pm at line 327 Called as function in /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/CGI.pm at line 397 Called as function in /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/CGI.pm at line 494 Called as function in /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/CGI.pm at line 495 Called as object method in /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/CPAN.pm at line 4957 Called as function in /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/Dumpvalue.pm at line 191 Called as function in /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/Dumpvalue.pm at line 218 Called as function in /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/Dumpvalue.pm at line 248 Called as function in /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/Dumpvalue.pm at line 251 Called as function in /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/Dumpvalue.pm at line 254 Called as object method in /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/Shell.pm at line 28 Called as object method in /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/base.pm at line 12 NOTES
Its not fast, but its accurate. AUTHOR
Michael G Schwern <schwern@pobox.com> SEE ALSO
Module::Info perl v5.10.1 2010-10-03 PFUNC(1p)