Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to exclude folders/files in search? Post 302330254 by cp_sadag on Tuesday 30th of June 2009 03:52:54 PM
Old 06-30-2009
try the -prune option as in

Code:

find . -wholename './src/emacs' -prune -o -print[/FONT][/COLOR]

Last edited by cp_sadag; 06-30-2009 at 05:00 PM.. Reason: just scrapped the title for reply post

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To search for folders alone?

hi Guys, Here i am again,, I need to search for folders alone present in the system,, I tried this command,, find / -name "name of folder" -print But am getting the name of the files also.. i want only the folders name Thanks guys,,, I know i have to repeat the last statement... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I search while skipping folders?

I have a directory that contains some specific files. I want to find all the files and copy them to a different directory, however the files are in /dir1/dir2/dir3/filedir/archive. In ~/filedir contains about 100 directories that contains an archive directory where the files I need are. How can I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search files from sub folders

A folder contains 30-50 subfolders generated on a daily basis, each subfolder contains more than 10-20 files of .html.gz files format. we have to manually convert the .html.gz file to .html format on a daily basis available in all the sub folders. the procedure we are following is copying... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude file from a search script

Hello, I use the following script to delete files from folders. There is an old file I wish to exclude the deletion script. How to exclude a file by name? Current script: ============================= #!/bin/ksh # ---------------------------------------------------- #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pointer
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for folders/parent folders not files.

Hello again, A little while back I got help with creating a command to search all directories and sub directories for files from daystart of day x. I'm wondering if there is a command that I've overlooked that may be able to search for / write folder names to an output file which ideally... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep for a srting & exclude two folders

Hi, Below is the command to grep for a string under grep -r "redeem" /home/tom Need to make it case insensitive and exclude logs & tmp folders under /home/tom directory in my Search. Need this in Linux. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude certain folders

Hi Experts, Below is my shell script and it will move the files older than 90 days to archive mount. Now my new requirement is , I need to move some of the directory files older than 365 days. How can I achieve this. Simply I have DIR1 DIR2 DIR3 DIR4 I need to exclude DIR 2 and DIR 2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arumugavelvelu
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy files/folders and show the files/folders?

Hi, So i know we use cp -r as a basic to copy folders/files. I would like this BUT i would like to show the output of the files being copied. With the amazing knowledge i have i have gone as far as this: 1) find source/* -exec cp -r {} target/ \; 2) for ObjectToBeCopied in `find... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imre
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Loop through the folders and search for particular string in files

Hello, Opearting System Environment : HP Unix B.11.31 U I look for script to On specific folders list On specific filelist Search for given string For Example : r48_buildlib.txt contains wpr480.0_20161027 wpr480.0_20161114 wpr481.0_20161208 wpr482.0_20161222... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
4 Replies
DH_COMPRESS(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_COMPRESS(1)

NAME
dh_compress - compress files and fix symlinks in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_compress [debhelperoptions] [-Xitem] [-A] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_compress is a debhelper program that is responsible for compressing the files in package build directories, and makes sure that any symlinks that pointed to the files before they were compressed are updated to point to the new files. By default, dh_compress compresses files that Debian policy mandates should be compressed, namely all files in usr/share/info, usr/share/man, files in usr/share/doc that are larger than 4k in size, (except the copyright file, .html and other web files, image files, and files that appear to be already compressed based on their extensions), and all changelog files. Plus PCF fonts underneath usr/share/fonts/X11/ FILES
debian/package.compress These files are deprecated. If this file exists, the default files are not compressed. Instead, the file is ran as a shell script, and all filenames that the shell script outputs will be compressed. The shell script will be run from inside the package build directory. Note though that using -X is a much better idea in general; you should only use a debian/package.compress file if you really need to. OPTIONS
-Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being compressed. For example, -X.tiff will exclude TIFF files from compression. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. -A, --all Compress all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. file ... Add these files to the list of files to compress. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 3.0 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_COMPRESS(1)