Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ZFS mount point - problem
Operating Systems Solaris ZFS mount point - problem Post 302330003 by jlliagre on Tuesday 30th of June 2009 02:39:13 AM
Old 06-30-2009
These directories aren't on ZFS but on UFS. You cannot do a ZFS snapshot of a non ZFS filesystem. You might want to use fssnap instead but fssnap isn't designed to allow rollback.
Alternatively, you can move the directory contents to ZFS.

Last edited by jlliagre; 06-30-2009 at 04:04 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount point

hi people, I'm trying to create a mount point, but am having no sucess at all, with the following: mount -F ufs /dev/dsk/diskname /newdirectory but i keep getting - mount-point /newdirectory doesn't exist. What am i doing wrong/missing? Thanks Rc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: colesy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

auto mount point

hi can i know what is the command to create auto mount point in my unix server? is there any directory which i have to go? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: legato
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

concept of mount point

Hi All I Know it is a really basic and stupid question perhaps...But I am going bonkers.. I have following valid paths in my unix system: 1. /opt/cdedev/informatica/InfSrv/app/bin 2. /vikas/cdedev/app Both refer to the same physical location. So if I created one file 'test' in first... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vikas Sood
3 Replies

4. AIX

Creating a new mount point

Hello, I have an AIX Oracle database server that I need to create a new filesystem/mount where I can create a new ORacle home to install 11g on. What are the needed steps to create this? There are mounts for Oracle 9i and 10g already. Thank you. - David (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Size of Mount Point

Hi, On Solaris 5.10, I have a following mount point: /dev/dsk/emcpower0a 492G 369G 118G 76% /u02 In /u02, from the du -h command, I can see that only 110G is used by couple of directories. I am wondering where the rest of 259G has gone? Any ideas please? How can I check... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahdmirza
17 Replies

6. Red Hat

NFS mount point problem

Hi Forum I am trying to mount /NFS as nfs mountpoint on two servers ( A & B ). After mounting the nfs filesystem, both of them behave normally for around 10 mins and after that the NFS file handle become stale and the mountpoints dont respond. While executing df -kh, the output hang out and the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajdasuwal
15 Replies

7. Solaris

what is the use of setting canmount=noauto in zfs mount point?

while using oracle solaris live upgrade it is mentioned to set few mountpoints like that.. what is the point doing that. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chidori
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Regarding NFS mount point

Dear All, We have two different mount points in Linux NFS one is 15 TB and another one is 15 TB. Can we club both of the two mount points and club in to a single volume in Linux. As we need to restore Database in that single volume. Kindly help us on this. Regards , rj (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
10 Replies

9. AIX

How to change the mount point of LV?

I have situation where my disk upon reboot, has its mount point as # LOGICAL VOLUME: disk4vol VOLUME GROUP: disk4vg LV IDENTIFIER: 00f609aa00004c0000000152414b786c.1 PERMISSION: read/write VG STATE: active/complete LV STATE: closed/syncd TYPE: jfs2 WRITE VERIFY: off MAX LPs: 512 PP SIZE: 512... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point? IN AIX

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point Best if there step that i can follow or execute before i mount or add diskspace IN AIX Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thilagarajan
2 Replies
AMZFS-SENDRECV(8)					  System Administration Commands					 AMZFS-SENDRECV(8)

NAME
amzfs-sendrecv - Amanda script to create zfs sendrecv DESCRIPTION
amzfs-sendrecv is an Amanda application implementing the Application API. It should not be run by users directly. It create a zfs snapshot of the filesystem and backup the snapshot with 'zfs send'. Snapshot are kept after the backup is done, this increase the disk space use on the client but it is neccesary to be able do to incremental backup. If you want only full backup, you can disable this feature by setting the KEEP-SNAPSHOT property to 'NO'. Only the restoration of the complete backup is allowed, it is impossible to restore a single file. The application is run as the amanda user, it must have many zfs priviledge: zfs allow -ldu AMANDA_USER mount,create,rename,snapshot,destroy,send,receive FILESYSTEM Some system doesn't have "zfs allow", but you can give the Amanda backup user the rights to manipulate ZFS filesystems by using the following command: usermod -P "ZFS File System Management,ZFS Storage Management" AMANDA_USER This will require that your run zfs under pfexec, set the PFEXEC property to YES. The format of the diskdevice in the disklist (DLE) must be one of: Desciption Example ---------- ------- Mountpoint /data ZFS pool name datapool ZFS filesystem datapool/database ZFS logical volume datapool/dbvol The filesystem doesn't need to be mounted. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control amzfs-sendrecv's functionality. See amanda-applications(7) for information on the Application API, application configuration. DF-PATH Path to the 'df' binary, search in $PATH by default. KEEP-SNAPSHOT If "YES" (the default), snapshot are kept after the backup, if set to "NO" then snapshot are no kept and incremental backup will fail. ZFS-PATH Path to the 'zfs' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC-PATH Path to the 'pfexec' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC If "NO" (the default), pfexec is not used, if set to "YES" then pfexec is used. EXAMPLE
In this example, a dumptype is defined to use amzfs-sendrecv application to backup a zfs filesystem. define application-tool amzfs_sendrecv { comment "amzfs-sendrecv" plugin "amzfs-sendrecv" #property "DF-PATH" "/usr/sbin/df" #property "KEEP-SNAPSHOT" "YES" #property "ZFS-PATH" "/usr/sbin/zfs" #property "PFEXEC-PATH" "/usr/sbin/pfexec" #property "PFEXEC" "NO" } define dumptype user-zfs-sendrecv { program "APPLICATION" application "amzfs_sendrecv" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-applications(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHOR
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 AMZFS-SENDRECV(8)