Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Manipulate lines with sed/awk Post 302329902 by Franklin52 on Monday 29th of June 2009 04:27:00 PM
Old 06-29-2009
Should be something like this:

Code:
awk 'BEGIN{s="# -\n# -\n# -\n# -\n# -@@@-@@@-@@@-@@@-@@@-@@@-@@@-@@@-@@@-"}
/}/{print a[1] " {" a[3] "\n" a[4] "\n" a[2] "}\n" s; i=0; next}
{a[++i]=$0}
' file > newfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or other tool to manipulate data, including email addresses

I have a list of names and email addresses, like this. The <tab> markers are actually tabs. joe.blow <tab> joe.blow@wherever.com tom.t.hall <tab> tom.t.hall@wherever.com john.r.smith <tab> john.r.smith@wherever.com sally.jones <tab> sally.jones@state.or.us I want to parse the data so that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manouche
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using sed to manipulate text in files

Hi, I have a slight problem in trying to manipulate the text within a file using the "sed" command in that the text i need changed has "/" slashes in. I have a .sh script that scans the "/db/sybbackup/" directories for any .dmp file older than 2 days and then to >> the information to a file called... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jefferson333
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed command to find, manipulate and replace a number

Hi, Im very new to the world of sed so I'm really not even sure if this is possible. What i need to do is read from a flat file and every time i see this line: VAL=123,456 I need to change 456 to 457 for every occurence of this line in the file. The numbers 123 and 456 are different for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LT_2008
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

RE or Sed to manipulate a document

I have a file with a list of about 2500 lines that I'd like to reformat using some regex in notepad++ or sed from my box (FreeBSD 6.3-RELEASE i386) to do the following: convert from: mycommand > mydocument0.htmlbcfn mycommand > mydocument1.htmlcdcsfn mycommand > mydocument2.htmldechfn... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

manipulate postscript via sed

dear all, on solaris10 for x86 i am trying to modify the creation date of a postscript file with sed in a csh script. sed is driving me crazy though...i think due to the spaces in the string i am trying to substitute?? part of the postscript file: %!PS-Adobe-3.0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lada niva
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to manipulate with lines while playing with data

hello everyone, well I have a file which contains data, I want to add the data on hourly basis, like my file contains data for 24 hours, (so a total of 1440 ) lines. Now i want to add the data on hourly basis to get average values. like if I use (head) command it is ok for first go, but... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojo123
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed script to manipulate the /etc/passwd file

Hi. Can anybody help me with a script to extract usernames, shell and home_directory from the /etc/passwd file. I am stuck (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pauline mugisha
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate columns using sed

Hello, I would like to remove the first column of lines beginning by a character (in my case is an open square bracket) and finishing by a space (or any other delimiter). For example: string1 string2 string3 to string2 string3 I found this previous topic: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stoyanova
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk to delete single lines that aren't touching other lines

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to use sed or awk to delete single lines in a file. By single, I mean lines that are not touching any other lines (just one line with white space above and below). Example: one two three four five six seven eight I want it to look like: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: slimjbe
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summing over specific lines and replacing the lines with the sum using sed, awk

Hi friends, This is sed & awk type question. I have a text file which has numbers spread all over the file. I want to sum the series of numbers whenever i find it and produce an output file with the sum. For example ###start of input text file #### abc def ghi 1 2 3 4 kjld random... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
3 Replies
SLUGIMAGE(1)						      General Commands Manual						      SLUGIMAGE(1)

NAME
slugimage - Manipulate NSLU2 firmware images SYNOPSIS
slugimage [-p|-u] [options] DESCRIPTION
slugimage can be used to create or unpack NSLU2 firmware images. OPTIONS
-d, --debug Turn on debugging output -q, --quiet Turn off status messages -u, --unpack Unpack a firmware image -p, --pack Pack a firmware image -l, --little Convert Kernel and Ramdisk to little-endian -i, --input Input firmware image filename -o, --output Output firmware image filename -b, --redboot Input/Output RedBoot filename -k, --kernel Input/Ouptut Kernel filename -s, --sysconf Input/Output SysConf filename -r, --ramdisk Input/Output Ramdisk filename(s) -f, --fisdir Input/Output FIS directory filename -y, --payload Input/Output Payload filename -t, --trailer Input/Output Trailer filename -e, --ethaddr Set the Ethernet address AUTHOR
This man page was written by Joey Hess, <joey@kitenet.net>. SLUGIMAGE(1)