Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting file and directory deletion script Post 302329840 by kshji on Monday 29th of June 2009 01:52:24 PM
Old 06-29-2009
after your file find + rm
1st find remove files = your find cmd
2nd find remove empty directory ... = if you like to add some other options.
find . -type d -exec rmdir {} \;
# - remove empty dirs
In the script usually rm, mv, ... use -f option = and I mean it = force
rm -f {} \;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Deletion of Data from Lost+Found Directory

Hie I am running a sun solaris server of about 300 gigabytes disk capacity. The problem is that the machine has been having problems over the past year and at times the machine would just freeze or hang and had to be re-booted. Consequently there are too many entries in the lost+found... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ranganai
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Script for automatic deletion of trash file of mail server

Hi, I have a mail server with limited space and operating system is sun solaris 8 (sparc). I do not have provisions to increase the space for home directory. So i have to delete files from /home/username/mail/trash which are more than 10 days old automatically. So my script should be like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crown2100bd
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script for deletion using wildcards

find ./ -name t\* | sed "s@^./@@" > .filestobedeleted j=$(wc -l < .filestobedeleted) typeset -i cnt=0 typeset -i i=0 while read line do myarray=$line ((cnt = cnt + 1)) done < .filestobedeleted while (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aishu
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Script for automatic deletion of old folder

Hi, I have a folder with limited space. So i have to delete folder which are more than 5 days old automatically. So my script should be like delete the folder more than 5 days old. Can someone help me to generate a script for this. Thank you... Cheer Summer (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: summerpeh
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unique Directory and Folder Deletion Script

Ok, so I just got charged with the task of deleting some 300 user folders in a FTP server to free up some space. I managed to grep and cut the list of user folders to delete into a list of one user folder per line. Example: bob00 jane01 sue03 In the home folder, there are folders a-z, and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b4sher
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deletion and recreation within a script

All printers are created on the PROD server and my script must pick up the differences in a diffs.txt file delete the printer if exist on the DEV server recreate it as it currently stands on the PROD server from the diffs.txt The following script I have, should allow me in synching the local... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggoliath
0 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Trying to delete a directory pattern-selective deletion

Trying to delete a directory or a file using a pattern-selective deletion (using “*” and “?” ) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: herberwz
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script which removes files from the first directory if there is a file in the second directory

Script must removes files from the first directory if there is a file with same name in the second directory Script passed to the two directories, it lies with them in one directory: sh script_name dir1 dir2 This is my version, but it does not work :wall: set - $2/* for i do set -... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SLAMUL
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting-I need a script which should watch a directory for a file with specific directory

I need a script which should watch a directory for a file with specific directory. If it finds a file in directory, it should search for few specific keyword in the file. if the keyword exists, it should trim string from specific column. The file should be moved to another directory and the a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashdeepak
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script cannot create directory and move the file to that directory

I have a script, which is checking if file exists and move it to another directory if then mkdir -p ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly mv report_manual_alloc_rpt_A_I_ASSIGNMENT.${Today}*.csv ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
9 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)