Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Error found while opening any pdf file from IE 6 Post 302329730 by fpmurphy on Monday 29th of June 2009 09:44:30 AM
Old 06-29-2009
Just because you set the MIME type to "application/pdf" does not mean that the output is converted to pdf. Where are you doing the actual pdf transformation?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

file not found error during loop

Hi, I have a strange problem and I'm sure its because I'm doing something stupid. When I loop through all of the files in a directory they cannot be found. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, -E $ touch a.txt $ touch b.txt $ ls a.txt b.txt $ for f in `ls` ; do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: earls
3 Replies

2. Programming

Error in opening a file C++

Hi, I have written a function which will open the file with the input name provided.Input name is in string format so while opening I am converting it using c_str().detail code below Plz let me know what is the wrong in code. 1 #include<iostream> 2 #include<fstream> 3 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forstudy3
4 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Error opening script file - location error

Hello, I know nothing about UNIX, ftp, etc. I am building an excel VBA macro which calls a .bat file. I've taken a pre-existing batch file and am trying to modify it to fit my purposes. I would be very grateful for some assistance. Here is my .bat file: echo off set... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: starcraftbud
9 Replies

4. Solaris

Very Importan - Vim Settings - Error while opening a File using vim

I downloaded vim.7.2 and compiled the vim source . Added the vim binary path to PATH (Because iam not the root of the box) when i load the file using vim it throws me an error Error detected while processing /home2/e3003091/.vimrc: line 2: E185: Cannot find color scheme darkblue line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for file, give error if more than one file is found

Want to write a function that prints an error when passed a list of file names. If the file list is empty, print error "no file found", if there are more than one file, print "error more than one file found" (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
22 Replies

6. AIX

Opening a file in vi editor is giving out of memory error

Below is the error: Out of memory saving lines for undo - try using ed : Please help me how do I open this file. Best regards, Vishal (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies

7. AIX

ksh file not found error for various files across system

Our AIX system is currently having an issue where calls to various executables are returning errors such as ksh: /usr/bin/oslevel: not found. This is even happening with system files, third party scripts, and with the full path included. Telnet connections are also closing immediately upon... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chthonic
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pdf file format generation error in Solaris 8 server

Hi experts. We have Solaris 8 server and we set as reporting server. We are facing problem that, it is not generating pdf files in a specified format. give your valuable suggestions that, what i have to check and what are the necessary step i have to do (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddulamadhu
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - trap error file not found

Hello. In bash, is there a way to trap error "file not found" when a script call another script which is not found; then abort. Example ( part of script running with -x option set) : + return 0 + RETURN_CODE=0 + ] + /root/bin/200_yast_install/00_reset_yast_install bash:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Fatal error: 'Xm/Xm.h' file not found , motif installed

Hello, i have installed open-motif -2.3.8_1 X11 Toolkit on freebsd32bit machine. wanna compile a little script. script is ok. already compiled on other machine (linux) the message is as follows cc -o button button.c -lXm -lXt -lX11 button.c:3:10: fatal error: 'Xm/Xm.h' file not found... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sennenmut
5 Replies
PS2PDF(1)							    Ghostscript 							 PS2PDF(1)

NAME
ps2pdf - Convert PostScript to PDF using ghostscript ps2pdf12 - Convert PostScript to PDF 1.2 (Acrobat 3-and-later compatible) using ghostscript ps2pdf13 - Convert PostScript to PDF 1.3 (Acrobat 4-and-later compatible) using ghostscript ps2pdf14 - Convert PostScript to PDF 1.4 (Acrobat 5-and-later compatible) using ghostscript SYNOPSIS
ps2pdf [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] ps2pdf12 [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] ps2pdf13 [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] ps2pdf14 [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] DESCRIPTION
The ps2pdf scripts are work-alikes for nearly all the functionality (but not the user interface) of Adobe's Acrobat(TM) Distiller(TM) prod- uct: they convert PostScript files to Portable Document Format (PDF) files. If the output filename is not specified, the output is placed in a file of the same name with a '.pdf' extension in the current working directory. Either the input filename or the output filename can be '-' to request reading from stdin or writing to stdout, respectively, when used as a filter. The three scripts differ as follows: - ps2pdf12 will always produce PDF 1.2 output (Acrobat 3-and-later compatible). - ps2pdf13 will always produce PDF 1.3 output (Acrobat 4-and-later compatible). - ps2pdf14 will always produce PDF 1.4 output (Acrobat 5-and-later compatible). - ps2pdf per se currently produces PDF 1.4 output. However, this may change in the future. If you care about the compatibility level of the output, use ps2pdf12, ps2pdf13 or ps2pdf14, or use the -dCompatibility=1.x switch in the command line. There are some limitations in ps2pdf's conversion. See the HTML documentation for more information. A large number of Adobe Distiller(TM) parameters which can be used to control the conversion are also documented there, including instructions for generating PDF/X and PDF/A documents. OPTIONS
The ps2pdf scripts use the same options as gs(1). EXAMPLES
Converting a figure.ps to figure.pdf: ps2pdf figure.ps A conversion with more specifics: ps2pdf -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress figure.ps proof.pdf Converting as part of a pipe: make_report.pl -t ps | ps2pdf -dCompatibility=1.3 - - | lpr SEE ALSO
gs(1), ps2pdfwr(1), Ps2pdf.htm in the Ghostscript documentation BUGS
See http://bugs.ghostscript.com/ and the Usenet news group comp.lang.postscript. VERSION
This document was last revised for Ghostscript version 9.07. AUTHOR
Artifex Software, Inc. are the primary maintainers of Ghostscript. This manpage by George Ferguson. 9.07 12 February 2013 PS2PDF(1)