Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO SCO Unix on-site Tech in Seattle? Post 302329375 by edfair on Friday 26th of June 2009 09:45:22 PM
Old 06-26-2009
root, du /u/syn75

exit takes you off the machine

while working as root, edgemenu. Then you have dropdowns. You set the backup device on the 4th tab IIRC. Exit is the bottom of the left tab dropdown.

I've primarily done 5.0.5 so can't be certain that there have been no changes. And my stuff using syn75 is about 300mb and writes to the hard drive daily, then used to build an ISO image, then that burned to CD.

Edge reports my backup, the ISO build process reports, and the burning software reports, all to root's mailbox. Weekly I check to make sure things go as planned. Edge will also hardcopy the daily backup report.

I never did a full backup. If things crash I'll do a clean reload and restore working data.

I'll send any further stuff to your mailbox.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Anti-Unix site running Unix

I just wanted to share this piece of news to all of you, comments are unnecessary :) http://news.com.com/2100-1001-872266.html (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: J.P
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix

Hi everyone i have a question for all of you. It may be basic or it may be a good one. I recently aquired a copy of "SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix" (thats what the disks say) and for the life of me i can not get it to load. i have tried opening the disk in linux and it can not determine... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cerberus
0 Replies

3. SCO

load sco xenix and sco unix binary ?

Hi I have some sco xenix object, bin and archive files that operate in sco unix 5.0.7. I know that sco unix kernel can support sco xenix binary. I want to know how can I link xenix and unix archives together? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
0 Replies

4. Programming

Need best forum site for java (as for unix its unix.com)

Hi All, Can anyone help me for knowing the java best side forums. where i will get a quick responce like here , as i am having lot of question. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies
BACKUP_LISTHOSTS(8)					       AFS Command Reference					       BACKUP_LISTHOSTS(8)

NAME
backup_listhosts - Lists Tape Coordinators registered in the Backup Database SYNOPSIS
backup listhosts [-localauth] [-cell <cell name>] [-help] backup listh [-l] [-c <cell name>] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup listhosts command displays the Backup Database record of the port offset numbers defined for Tape Coordinator machines. A Tape Coordinator must have an entry in the list to be available for backup operations. The existence of an entry does not necessarily indicate that the Tape Coordinator process (butc) is currently running at that port offset. To check, issue the backup status command. OPTIONS
-localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The backup command interpreter presents it to the Backup Server, Volume Server and VL Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell argument. For more details, see backup(8). -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see backup(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
After a "Tape hosts:" header, the output reports two things about each Tape Coordinator currently defined in the Backup Database: o The hostname of the machine housing the Tape Coordinator. The format of this name depends on the hostname format used when the backup addhost command was issued. o The Tape Coordinator's port offset number. The Tape Coordinators appear in the order in which they were added to the Backup Database. EXAMPLES
The following example shows the result of the command in the ABC Corporation cell: % backup listhosts Tape hosts: Host backup1.abc.com, port offset 0 Host backup1.abc.com, port offset 1 Host backup3.abc.com, port offset 4 Host backup2.abc.com, port offset 3 PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on every machine where the Backup Server is running, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_addhost(8), backup_delhost(8), backup_status(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_LISTHOSTS(8)