Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading variable from file variable values Post 302329341 by rakesh_pagadala on Friday 26th of June 2009 05:17:26 PM
Old 06-26-2009
try this...
sed -n '3p' test | awk '{print $1 " " $3}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading file and assigning that to Variable

I am missing something here, I have a file which contains only one line and that is either a number or character string. I am trying to read the file and assign that value to a variable and here it seems I am missing something and not getting the expected results... Here is the code : #!/bin/ksh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaddadi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading the whole line from a file into a variable

Hi, I am doing : while read line do printf "%s\n" ${line} done <datafile.txt but I am not getting each single line from the data file assigned to the variable line (but only tokens/fields at a time). I also tried while IFS= read -r lineI want the whole line assigned or read into the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shri_nath
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading a variable from file

Hi, I have a situation where I need to read a variable from another file. But the problem is that the variable in the other file is starting with $. E.g. file1: $var1=out temp_ss.sh: . file1 echo "Print : $var1" It works fine if the file1 is having var1=out (note that it is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading variable value from a file

Hello, I need to read a variable value from script. Below is the scenario I am reading a value from an external file say a.txt a.txt: Jan Feb Mar I need the corresponding value of the months in in numerics such as Jan -->1, Feb-->2 etc. I have this mapping in another file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file with while into variable and using in another process

I would appreciate some help, please. I have a file cutshellb.txt, which contains four report names (but it could be any number from 1 to x. The report suffix is not necessarily consecutive: report3785 report3786 report3787 report3788 I have a shell script which attempts to read the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dicloflex
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a variable from parameter file

HI all, I have a parameter file with entries like $$Name =Abhinav $$CUTOFF_DATE = 11/11/2209 I am reading a variable from this file using a awk command like : var2=`awk -F"" "/CUTOFF_DATE/{f=$1;}{print f;}" InputFIleName` but facing an error like awk: cmd. line:1:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinav192
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading from a file and storing it in a variable

Hi folks, I'm using bash and would like to do the following. I would like to read some values from the file and store it in the variable and use it. My file is 1.txt and its contents are VERSION=5.6 UPDATE=4 I would like to read "5.6" and "4" and store it in a variable in shell... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptfriend
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading from a File and Using as an Input variable

I need to know how the the string constant from Input File should be read and provide as input data for the script . INPUT FILE CONST VARIABLE myname=/root/dir/syslog/myname1 myname=/root/dir/syslog/myname2 myname=/root/dir/syslog/myname3 urname=/root/dir/syslog/urname1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baraghun
6 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Matlab help! Reading in a file with a variable filename

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I want to read in a file, and plot the data in matlab. However, I do not like hardwiring filenames into my codes, so I always give the user the option to specify what the filename is. I am pretty inexperienced with matlab, so I have no... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ds7202
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading properties from file and setting variable values

I want to read properties from a file and print evaluated values of each key. I am using AIX6.1. myfile.props protocol=http siteA.host=siteAhostname pageA=pageNameA siteAURL1=${protocol}:/${siteA.host}/pagea/blabla?v1=32 siteAURL2=${protocol}:/${siteA.host}/${pageA}/blabla?v1=32... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
5 Replies
Sendpage::Queue(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Sendpage::Queue(3pm)

NAME
Queue.pm - implements a simple directory-based file queue SYNOPSIS
$queue=Sendpage::Queue->new($dir); while ($queue->ready()) { $filename=$queue->file(); $fh=$queue->getReadyFile(); if ($can_remove_file) { $queue->fileToss(); } else { $queue->fileDone(); } } # open a new queue file $fh=$queue->getNewFile(); # ... do things to the file handle here # release the file $queue->doneNewFile(); DESCRIPTION
This is a module for use in sendpage(1). BUGS
Need to write more docs. AUTHOR
Kees Cook <kees@outflux.net> SEE ALSO
perl(1), sendpage(1), Sendpage::KeesConf(3), Sendpage::KeesLog(3), Sendpage::Modem(3), Sendpage::PagingCentral(3), Sendpage::PageQueue(3), Sendpage::Page(3), Sendpage::Recipient(3) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2000 Kees Cook. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.0 2008-01-03 Sendpage::Queue(3pm)