Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to search then remove based on condition Post 302329114 by rakeshawasthi on Friday 26th of June 2009 01:55:26 AM
Old 06-26-2009
You may never get "DONE" because you are using grep -v.
If I understood your query properly, you probably need this...
Code:
for file_name in `find . -name 'pattern' -print`
do
   if [[ `/opt/dev/chktool -getstat $file_name |grep -c "DONE"` -gt 0 ]]; then
      #rm $file_name
   fi
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove some files on a condition..

Hi.. when I do a ls -lt, I get a listing of about 200 files.. These are trace files and some of it I might not need.. To be clear, say in a given week , I might not need files that have been traced between 11 and 11:30 am on a particular day. How can I delete based on this condition ? Thanks,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ST2000
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file based on condition

Hi Friends, Can any one help with this: I have a huge file with the format as A SAM 4637 B DEPT1 4758 MILAN A SMITH 46585 B DEPT2 5385 HARRYIS B SAMUL 63547 GEORGE B DANIEL 899 BOISE A FRES 736 74638 I have to read this file and write only the records that starts with "B" only ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasetty
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

transpose based on condition

Hi, I have the oracle table coulns in an order like date, state1, state2....state9 and i need to prepare data from the script output for loading in to this table The script is #!/bin/ksh /usr/xpg4/bin/awk -F"-" '{print $2,$4}' /aemu/ErrorLogs/data/MissingCGIcount.txt |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines from XML based on condition

Hi, I need to remove some lines from an XML file is the value within a tag is empty. Imagine this scenario, <acd><acdID>2</acdID><logon></logon></acd> <acd><acdID></acdID><logon></logon></acd> <acd><acdID></acdID><logon></logon></acd> <acd><acdID></acdID><logon></logon></acd> I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giles.cardew
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Condition based concatenation.

Hello, I am looking for concatenating the lines based on conditions. Below are the contents of the file: Infile: ----- Test1.PO_Itm COLUMN GAC_DT. Test1.PO_Itm COLUMN (PRODTCD ,PLNTCD). Test1.PO_Itm COLUMN PLNTCD. Test1.PO_Itm COLUMN ACTVIND. Test2.RgnToTerrtryGPI COLUMN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indrajit_u
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search based on 1,2,4,5 columns and remove duplicates in the same file.

Hi, I am unable to search the duplicates in a file based on the 1st,2nd,4th,5th columns in a file and also remove the duplicates in the same file. Source filename: Filename.csv "1","ccc","information","5000","temp","concept","new" "1","ddd","information","6000","temp","concept","new"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comment based on a condition

I want to comment 2 lines based on a condition. If THEN occurs immediately after WHEN then i have to comment both the lunes For example : $cat file1.txt CASE WHEN THEN 1 WHEN c1= 'I' AND c2= '0' THEN 2 So in this example i want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Condition based on Timestamp (Date/Time based) from logfile (Epoch seconds)

Below is the sample logfile: Userids Date Time acb Checkout time: 2013-11-20 17:00 axy Checkout time: 2013-11-22 12:00 der Checkout time: 2013-11-17 17:00 xyz Checkout time: 2013-11-19 16:00 ddd Checkout time: 2013-11-21 16:00 aaa Checkout... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy down based on condition

Hello: I need to copy down some data from the previous record in to the next record based on the below conditions If position 41- 59 of the current record is same as the previous record and the value of position 62 is not equal to 1 then copy the previous records value for positions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techedipro
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line based on condition in awk

In the following tab-delimited input, I am checking $7 for the keyword intronic. If that keyword is found then $2 is split by the . in each line and if the string after the digits or the +/- is >10, then that line is deleted. This will always be the case for intronic. If $7 is exonic then nothing... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
10 Replies
Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)

NAME
Alien::Package::Rpm - an object that represents a rpm package DESCRIPTION
This is an object class that represents a rpm package. It is derived from Alien::Package. FIELDS
prefixes Relocatable rpm packages have a prefixes field. METHODS
checkfile Detect rpm files by their extention. install Install a rpm. If RPMINSTALLOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. scan Implement the scan method to read a rpm file. unpack Implement the unpack method to unpack a rpm file. This is a little nasty because it has to handle relocatable rpms and has to do a bit of permissions fixing as well. prep Prepare for package building by generating the spec file. cleantree Delete the spec file. build Build a rpm. If RPMBUILDOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. An optional parameter, if passed, can be used to specify the program to use to build the rpm. It defaults to rpmbuild. version Set/get version. When retreiving the version, remove any dashes in it. postinst postrm preinst prerm Set/get script fields. When retrieving a value, we have to do some truely sick mangling. Since debian/slackware scripts can be anything -- perl programs or binary files -- and rpm is limited to only shell scripts, we need to encode the files and add a scrap of shell script to make it unextract and run on the fly. When setting a value, we do some mangling too. Rpm maintainer scripts are typically shell scripts, but often lack the leading shebang line. This can confuse dpkg, so add the shebang if it looks like there is no shebang magic already in place. Additionally, it's not uncommon for rpm maintainer scripts to contain bashisms, which can be triggered when they are ran on systems where /bin/sh is not bash. To work around this, the shebang line of the scripts is changed to use bash. Also, if the rpm is relocatable, the script could refer to RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX, which is set by rpm at run time. Deal with this by adding code to the script to set RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX. arch Set/get arch field. When the arch field is set, some sanitizing is done first to convert it to the debian format used internally. When it's retreived it's converted back to rpm form from the internal form. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> perl v5.14.2 2011-08-05 Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)