Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to search then remove based on condition Post 302329114 by rakeshawasthi on Friday 26th of June 2009 01:55:26 AM
Old 06-26-2009
You may never get "DONE" because you are using grep -v.
If I understood your query properly, you probably need this...
Code:
for file_name in `find . -name 'pattern' -print`
do
   if [[ `/opt/dev/chktool -getstat $file_name |grep -c "DONE"` -gt 0 ]]; then
      #rm $file_name
   fi
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove some files on a condition..

Hi.. when I do a ls -lt, I get a listing of about 200 files.. These are trace files and some of it I might not need.. To be clear, say in a given week , I might not need files that have been traced between 11 and 11:30 am on a particular day. How can I delete based on this condition ? Thanks,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ST2000
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file based on condition

Hi Friends, Can any one help with this: I have a huge file with the format as A SAM 4637 B DEPT1 4758 MILAN A SMITH 46585 B DEPT2 5385 HARRYIS B SAMUL 63547 GEORGE B DANIEL 899 BOISE A FRES 736 74638 I have to read this file and write only the records that starts with "B" only ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasetty
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

transpose based on condition

Hi, I have the oracle table coulns in an order like date, state1, state2....state9 and i need to prepare data from the script output for loading in to this table The script is #!/bin/ksh /usr/xpg4/bin/awk -F"-" '{print $2,$4}' /aemu/ErrorLogs/data/MissingCGIcount.txt |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines from XML based on condition

Hi, I need to remove some lines from an XML file is the value within a tag is empty. Imagine this scenario, <acd><acdID>2</acdID><logon></logon></acd> <acd><acdID></acdID><logon></logon></acd> <acd><acdID></acdID><logon></logon></acd> <acd><acdID></acdID><logon></logon></acd> I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giles.cardew
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Condition based concatenation.

Hello, I am looking for concatenating the lines based on conditions. Below are the contents of the file: Infile: ----- Test1.PO_Itm COLUMN GAC_DT. Test1.PO_Itm COLUMN (PRODTCD ,PLNTCD). Test1.PO_Itm COLUMN PLNTCD. Test1.PO_Itm COLUMN ACTVIND. Test2.RgnToTerrtryGPI COLUMN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indrajit_u
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search based on 1,2,4,5 columns and remove duplicates in the same file.

Hi, I am unable to search the duplicates in a file based on the 1st,2nd,4th,5th columns in a file and also remove the duplicates in the same file. Source filename: Filename.csv "1","ccc","information","5000","temp","concept","new" "1","ddd","information","6000","temp","concept","new"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comment based on a condition

I want to comment 2 lines based on a condition. If THEN occurs immediately after WHEN then i have to comment both the lunes For example : $cat file1.txt CASE WHEN THEN 1 WHEN c1= 'I' AND c2= '0' THEN 2 So in this example i want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Condition based on Timestamp (Date/Time based) from logfile (Epoch seconds)

Below is the sample logfile: Userids Date Time acb Checkout time: 2013-11-20 17:00 axy Checkout time: 2013-11-22 12:00 der Checkout time: 2013-11-17 17:00 xyz Checkout time: 2013-11-19 16:00 ddd Checkout time: 2013-11-21 16:00 aaa Checkout... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy down based on condition

Hello: I need to copy down some data from the previous record in to the next record based on the below conditions If position 41- 59 of the current record is same as the previous record and the value of position 62 is not equal to 1 then copy the previous records value for positions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techedipro
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line based on condition in awk

In the following tab-delimited input, I am checking $7 for the keyword intronic. If that keyword is found then $2 is split by the . in each line and if the string after the digits or the +/- is >10, then that line is deleted. This will always be the case for intronic. If $7 is exonic then nothing... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
10 Replies
ZGREP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep, zegrep, zfgrep -- print lines matching a pattern in gzip-compressed files SYNOPSIS
zgrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [files ...] zegrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [file ...] zfgrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [file ...] DESCRIPTION
zgrep runs grep(1) on files or stdin, if no files argument is given, after decompressing them with zcat(1). The grep-flags and pattern arguments are passed on to grep(1). If an -e flag is found in the grep-flags, zgrep will not look for a pattern argument. zegrep calls egrep(1), while zfgrep calls fgrep(1). EXIT STATUS
In case of missing arguments or missing pattern, 1 will be returned, otherwise 0. SEE ALSO
egrep(1), fgrep(1), grep(1), gzip(1), zcat(1) AUTHORS
Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org> BSD
December 28, 2003 BSD