Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to search then remove based on condition Post 302329114 by rakeshawasthi on Friday 26th of June 2009 01:55:26 AM
Old 06-26-2009
You may never get "DONE" because you are using grep -v.
If I understood your query properly, you probably need this...
Code:
for file_name in `find . -name 'pattern' -print`
do
   if [[ `/opt/dev/chktool -getstat $file_name |grep -c "DONE"` -gt 0 ]]; then
      #rm $file_name
   fi
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove some files on a condition..

Hi.. when I do a ls -lt, I get a listing of about 200 files.. These are trace files and some of it I might not need.. To be clear, say in a given week , I might not need files that have been traced between 11 and 11:30 am on a particular day. How can I delete based on this condition ? Thanks,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ST2000
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file based on condition

Hi Friends, Can any one help with this: I have a huge file with the format as A SAM 4637 B DEPT1 4758 MILAN A SMITH 46585 B DEPT2 5385 HARRYIS B SAMUL 63547 GEORGE B DANIEL 899 BOISE A FRES 736 74638 I have to read this file and write only the records that starts with "B" only ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasetty
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

transpose based on condition

Hi, I have the oracle table coulns in an order like date, state1, state2....state9 and i need to prepare data from the script output for loading in to this table The script is #!/bin/ksh /usr/xpg4/bin/awk -F"-" '{print $2,$4}' /aemu/ErrorLogs/data/MissingCGIcount.txt |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines from XML based on condition

Hi, I need to remove some lines from an XML file is the value within a tag is empty. Imagine this scenario, <acd><acdID>2</acdID><logon></logon></acd> <acd><acdID></acdID><logon></logon></acd> <acd><acdID></acdID><logon></logon></acd> <acd><acdID></acdID><logon></logon></acd> I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giles.cardew
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Condition based concatenation.

Hello, I am looking for concatenating the lines based on conditions. Below are the contents of the file: Infile: ----- Test1.PO_Itm COLUMN GAC_DT. Test1.PO_Itm COLUMN (PRODTCD ,PLNTCD). Test1.PO_Itm COLUMN PLNTCD. Test1.PO_Itm COLUMN ACTVIND. Test2.RgnToTerrtryGPI COLUMN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indrajit_u
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search based on 1,2,4,5 columns and remove duplicates in the same file.

Hi, I am unable to search the duplicates in a file based on the 1st,2nd,4th,5th columns in a file and also remove the duplicates in the same file. Source filename: Filename.csv "1","ccc","information","5000","temp","concept","new" "1","ddd","information","6000","temp","concept","new"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comment based on a condition

I want to comment 2 lines based on a condition. If THEN occurs immediately after WHEN then i have to comment both the lunes For example : $cat file1.txt CASE WHEN THEN 1 WHEN c1= 'I' AND c2= '0' THEN 2 So in this example i want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Condition based on Timestamp (Date/Time based) from logfile (Epoch seconds)

Below is the sample logfile: Userids Date Time acb Checkout time: 2013-11-20 17:00 axy Checkout time: 2013-11-22 12:00 der Checkout time: 2013-11-17 17:00 xyz Checkout time: 2013-11-19 16:00 ddd Checkout time: 2013-11-21 16:00 aaa Checkout... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy down based on condition

Hello: I need to copy down some data from the previous record in to the next record based on the below conditions If position 41- 59 of the current record is same as the previous record and the value of position 62 is not equal to 1 then copy the previous records value for positions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techedipro
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line based on condition in awk

In the following tab-delimited input, I am checking $7 for the keyword intronic. If that keyword is found then $2 is split by the . in each line and if the string after the digits or the +/- is >10, then that line is deleted. This will always be the case for intronic. If $7 is exonic then nothing... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
10 Replies
asn1_parser2tree(3)						     libtasn1						       asn1_parser2tree(3)

NAME
asn1_parser2tree - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <libtasn1.h> asn1_retCode asn1_parser2tree(const char * file_name, ASN1_TYPE * definitions, char * errorDescription); ARGUMENTS
const char * file_name specify the path and the name of file that contains ASN.1 declarations. ASN1_TYPE * definitions return the pointer to the structure created from "file_name" ASN.1 declarations. char * errorDescription return the error description or an empty string if success. DESCRIPTION
Function used to start the parse algorithm. Creates the structures needed to manage the definitions included in file_name file. RETURNS
ASN1_SUCCESS if the file has a correct syntax and every identifier is known, ASN1_ELEMENT_NOT_EMPTY if definitions not ASN1_TYPE_EMPTY, ASN1_FILE_NOT_FOUND if an error occured while opening file_name, ASN1_SYNTAX_ERROR if the syntax is not correct, ASN1_IDENTIFIER_NOT_FOUND if in the file there is an identifier that is not defined, ASN1_NAME_TOO_LONG if in the file there is an identifier whith more than ASN1_MAX_NAME_SIZE characters. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc.. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for libtasn1 is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and libtasn1 programs are properly installed at your site, the command info libtasn1 should give you access to the complete manual. libtasn1 2.13 asn1_parser2tree(3)