Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Understanding Code in IF LOOP Post 302328868 by Ariean on Thursday 25th of June 2009 10:47:59 AM
Old 06-25-2009
Understanding Code in IF LOOP

Hello All,

I would like to know and understand the difference between the below 3 IF loops and also if possible what are the different other parameters i could use other than those mentioed in the below lF LOOP conditions, appreciate your help.

Quote:
if [ $? -ne 0 ] ; then
...some statements
fi
Quote:
if [ $? -eq 0 ] ; then
...some statements
fi
Quote:
if [ $# -eq 3 ] ;then
...some statements
fi
Thanks,
Sam.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Little Trouble Understanding some code...

Couple of questions as I try to decipher someones code who left... What would something coded like this do? IFS=: grep FIELD1 /Path/Path2/Param.fle | read LBL1 LBL2 USRID EADR SUBJ SERVERNAME CFGTBL DIR ERR=0 Param.fle contents.. FIELD1:FEI::FIELD2:dATAFIELD BATCH:MAIN SERVER......etc.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in understanding thisperl code.

Can any body explains the under given lines of code i have difficulties in understanding it, my $errorlog = "/var/log/controler.log"; &initLanguage($language); &launchCbox(); sub launchCbox { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raheel Hassan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems understanding example code

I am really new to UNIX and programming in general and so apologies if this thread is a bit simple. I have searched and found a piece of sample code for a training program I am currently undertaking, but seeing as I am relatively new, I dont completely understand how it works. Here is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Makaer
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems understanding example code

I am really new to UNIX and programming in general and so apologies if this thread is a bit simple. I have searched and found a piece of sample code for a training program I am currently undertaking, but seeing as I am relatively new, I dont completely understand how it works. Here is the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makaer
6 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Understanding the code

hello all, May i know what is this "DEBUG_ME $DEBUG_CMD main" doing in the below code. I am confused with alias also "alias DEBUG_ME='#'". Thanks for your help. set -x alias DEBUG_ME='#' if ; then . /product/apps/informatica/v7/pc/ExtProc/debug.ksh "$1" fi # Declaring the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding Perl code.

Well, I found myself trying to fix some Perl code (Ive never done any Perl in my life) and I pinpointed the place where the bug could be. But to be sure I have to know what does a few line of code mean: $files_lim =~ (/^\d*$/) $files_lim =~ (/^\d*h$/)$files_age =~ s/h//The code where this was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
0 Replies

7. Programming

Understanding perl code

What is the difference between the two statements below? A: $a->{"$fruit"}->{"$color"}->{size} = $size B: $size = $a->{"$fruit"}->{"$color"}->{size} Please assist. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlinelearner02
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with perl code understanding

Hi, I need to understand below perl code, can some one advise me. perl -MDate::Parse -e'BEGIN{$main::now=time;$main::old=(time-60*30)}' -nE'if(/^(\w+\s+\d+\s+\d+:\d+:\d+)/) {$t=str2time $1; $t > $old && $t < $now && print}' (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learnbash
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Help understanding this code!!

Hi guys, I am still learning awk and much apprecated to shed some light on the following: the questions asked is below! { total = i = 0 do { ++i total += $i } while ( total <= 100 ) print i, ":", total } File used: cat test.do 45 25 60 20 10 105 50 40 33 5 9 67 108 3 5 4 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Apollo
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Understanding bash code

I am not able to understand below line in unix bash shell.Could anyone explain what it will do result="${path1}/*${var1}*${var2}*wssreligibleitem*.csv" path1 is defined and it is a directory path var1 is defined and it holds string value like abc var2 is defined and it holds string value like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamsi.valiveti
6 Replies
BEL(1)																	    BEL(1)

NAME
bel - open a shell or execute a command on a remote computer through several machines SYNOPSIS
bel [-e file] [-s file] [-d delay] DESCRIPTION
bel generates a script allowing the user to open a shell or execute a command on a remote computer through several machines. In order to generate the script, the user gives the paths to the different machines until the final one is reached. Several paths may be specified in a single entry file or through the standard input. OPTIONS
-e, --entree=FILE Provide the necessary information to establish the tunnel between the source and the final computer. -s, --repertoire-sortie=DIRECTORY The directory where you want to put the generated scripts. -d, --delai=SECONDS Delay to wait before each sent command, in seconds. AUTHOR
Carl Chenet <chaica@ohmytux.com[]> RESSOURCES
Belier homepage : http://www.ohmytux.com/belier LICENSE
Copyright (C) <2009> <Carl Chenet>This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License or any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>. 05/16/2009 BEL(1)