Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problem with multi NICs on SUN Ultra 10 Post 302328662 by Harmut on Thursday 25th of June 2009 02:20:38 AM
Old 06-25-2009
Problem with multi NICs on SUN Ultra 10

Hello

I have install new NIC ,that's RTL8139 in SUN U10 but it not work (or not detect I don't know Smilie)

in "ifconfig -a" it show only lo0 and hme0

in "ifconfig hme1 plumb" it show

Code:
SIOCSLIFNAME for ip: hme1 :no such interface

and there's some file that I change
/ect/hosts

Code:
127.0.0.1    loghost    localhost
10.2.9.250   sun1   10.2.9.250
192.168.1.1   sun1_1   192.168.1.1

I try to set sun1_1 for RTL8139

/ect/hostname.hme1

Code:
sun1_1

I think it might have major mistake

but wellcome all advice

thank you in advance Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Using a Sun Ultra 5 at work

I wouldn't call myself exactly new to Unix. I've played with Linux before so I can get around alright. I just have never really learned the basics, like setting a user's path. How do I do that on my Sun station? Obvioulsly, I've got several different bins, but I can only use the commands in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skinnell2
1 Replies

2. UNIX Benchmarks

Sun Ultra 2 Solaris 8

Sparc Ultra2: Notes prtdiag: System Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4u Sun Ultra 2 UPA/SBus (2 X UltraSPARC-II 296MHz) System clock frequency: 99 MHz Memory size: 768 Megabytes ========================= CPUs ========================= Run Ecache CPU CPU... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tnorth
0 Replies

3. UNIX Benchmarks

Sun Ultra 30 Solaris 8

Sun Ultra30 Solaris 8 Notes: ... Results: System -- SunOS box 5.8 Generic_108528-23 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-30 Start Benchmark Run: Fri Sep 12 11:59:12 EDT 2003 1 interactive users. Dhrystone 2 without register variables 502087.7 lps (10 secs, 6 samples) Dhrystone 2 using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tnorth
2 Replies

4. Solaris

sun ultra or sun sparkstation

am wonder wich sun computer is better, a sun ultra or sun sparkstation, and what is the difference (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nobody
7 Replies

5. Solaris

sun ultra

Hi Guys, I have a 2nd hand Sun ultra-5, I wanted to know how to be able to run it as a normal window. I do not have any experience whatsoever with solaris/unix. Does anyone can give me a clue where to start. When I switch it goes to: unix console login: pa$$word: #UNIX sendmail : enable to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lingosa
0 Replies

6. Solaris

hey i just got a Sun ultra 5!!!

now what do i do? im looking at it and i booted it after a bunch of code i got a line askign for the password i also downloaded solaris 10 any advice on how to install it? (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: russian460
36 Replies

7. Solaris

Problem booting Sun ultra enterprise 450 server

Hi, I have a sun ultra enterprise 450 server. This server powers on and a white screen appears with the system and network information. But it doesnot boot up completely. Booting operation wil be halted by a warning: \usr\sbin\fsck not found. Most likely the mount of \usr failed or the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tgashwini
5 Replies

8. Solaris

sun ultra 10 monitor

hi all, it seem hard to see on a regular monitor the ultra 10 converter to rgb so that it can go to a pc monitor. do u know how can i fix the monitor properly? it's not easy to see on the monitor there's so many lines. thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

9. Solaris

SUN ULTRA 45 - Solaris

hi, my sun box hangs- KEYBOARD not found. Using hyper link it boots and then hangs without able to access or get ok promt ----SCREEN SHOT AS-------------------------------------------------- ˙Loading onboard drivers: ebus i2c i2c i2c ppm /ebus@1f,464000: flashprom rtc serial serial env-monitor... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathav22
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sun ultra 30 boot problem

Hi all, I've got a Sun ultra 30 workstation. the Nvram battery died so I replaced it. I reprogrammed the mac address using the mlpl command all that so it booted without error. But for some reason I was trying to boot via the network. So I did a STOP A and boot disk1 which is the alias for my SCSI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbo007
2 Replies
sppptun(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       sppptun(1M)

NAME
sppptun - PPP tunneling driver utility SYNOPSIS
sppptun plumb sppptun plumb protocol device sppptun unplumb interface sppptun query DESCRIPTION
The sppptun utility is used to configure and query the Solaris PPP tunneling device driver, /dev/sppptun. Currently, only PPP over Ether- net (PPPoE) is supported, so the plumb and unplumb arguments are used to specify Ethernet interfaces that are to be used for PPPoE, and the query option lists the plumbed interfaces. The use of sppptun to add interfaces is similar to the use of ifconfig(1M) to add interfaces to IP. The plumbing is done once for each interface, preferably at system start-up time, and is not normally manipulated on a running system. If multiple instances of PPP are run over a single interface, they share the plumbing to that interface. Plumbing for each session is not required (and not possible for PPPoE). The proper way to plumb interfaces for PPPoE is to list the interfaces, one per line, in the /etc/ppp/pppoe.if file. USAGE
sppptun plumb When specified with no additional arguments, the plumb argument lists the protocols that are supported by the utility. These are the strings that are used as the protocol argument below. sppptun plumb protocol device This plumbs a new interface into the driver. The protocol parameter is pppoe for the PPP-carrying "Session Stage" connection or pppoed for the PPPoE "Discovery Stage" connection. Both connections must be present for each Ethernet interface that is to be used for PPPoE. The device parameter is the path name of the Ethernet interface to use (use ifconfig(1M) to list available devices). If the path begins with /dev/, then this portion may be omitted. sppptun unplumb interface This removes an existing interface from the driver and terminates any PPP sessions that were using the interface. The interface parame- ter is the name of the interface as reported when the interface was plumbed. sppptun query Displays the canonical names of all interfaces plumbed into the /dev/sppptun device driver. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Setting up to Use PPPoE on hme0 Plumb the hme0 interface. # sppptun plumb pppoed hme0 hme0:pppoed # sppptun plumb pppoe hme0 hme0:pppoe Remove the hme0 interface. # sppptun unplumb hme0:pppoed # sppptun unplumb hme0:pppoe Example 2: Script to Remove All Plumbed Interfaces #!/bin/sh for intf in `sppptun query` do sppptun unplumb $intf done EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 One or more errors occurred. FILES
/etc/ppp/pppoe.if list of Ethernet interfaces to be plumbed at boot time /usr/sbin/sppptun executable command /dev/sppptun Solaris PPP tunneling device driver ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpppdt | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pppd(1M), pppoec(1M), pppoed(1M), sppptun(7M) RFC 2516, Method for Transmitting PPP Over Ethernet (PPPoE), Mamakos et al, February 1999 SunOS 5.10 19 Mar 2001 sppptun(1M)