Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Substitue 'Special Characters' in VI Post 302328569 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 24th of June 2009 04:05:34 PM
Old 06-24-2009
Code:
:g/\\begin{work}/d

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

special characters

I have one file which is named ^? ( the DEL character ) I'd like to know how to rename or copy the file by using its i-node number TYIA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nawnaw
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quoting of special characters

Hello, I am getting very confused as to where should i quote special/metacharacters in shell. Sometimes i write * directly and it works, othertimes i have to do "*". Same is the case with other special characters like /,\,.,$,etc. Can somebody give me link to somewhere where i can found... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to see special characters in a file using vi

Hi, I have a file which has special characters. I can't see them when I "vi" the file. But I am sure there are some special un seen characters. How can I see them? Please help. Thx (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed with special characters

Hi, I am reading a file (GC_JAR.log) which has entries like: 511725.629, 0.1122672 secs] 525268.975, 0.1240036 secs] 527181.835, 0.2068215 secs] 527914.287, 0.2884801 secs] 528457.134, 0.2548725 secs] I want to replace all the entries of "secs]" with just "secs" Thus, the output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itzz.me
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special characters

When I open a file in vi, I see the following characters: \302\240 Can someone explain what these characters mean. Is it ASCII format? I need to trim those characters from a file. I am doing the following: tr -d '\302\240' ---------- Post updated at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sid1982
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to see special characters?

Hi all, I was wondering how can i see the special characters like \t, \n or anything else in a file by using Nano or any other linux command like less, more etc (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvj
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

special characters

Hey guys, I'm trying to replace "]Facebook" from the text but sed 's/]Facebook/Johan/g' is not working could you please help me with that? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters with Escape characters?

i need to replace the any special characters with escape characters like below. test!=123-> test\!\=123 !@#$%^&*()-= to be replaced by \!\@\#\$\%\^\&\*\(\)\-\= (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert special characters?

Hi All, I have some text including Turkish characters and the 3rd party application that reads my file does not supporting this character set (at least, I have no control on it). So, I used below conversion for maximum character support but still have problems with "İ" and "Ş". Application... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrcrowley
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed substitue whole file + 1 substitue with variables on one sed line?.

I'm trying to remove '--X' from the whole file and using variables replace $oldvar with $newvar. I have tried with double quotes but it doesn't seem to work. $newvar is set to /usr/bin/bash. Would appreciate some guidance. newvar=$(which bash) oldvar=/bin/bash sed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itman73
1 Replies
COQ-TEX(1)						      General Commands Manual							COQ-TEX(1)

NAME
coq-tex - Process Coq phrases embedded in LaTeX files SYNOPSIS
coq-tex [ -o output-file ] [ -n line-width ] [ -image coq-image ] [ -w ] [ -v ] [ -sl ] [ -hrule ] [ -small ] input-file ... DESCRIPTION
The coq-tex filter extracts Coq phrases embedded in LaTeX files, evaluates them, and insert the outcome of the evaluation after each phrase. Three LaTeX environments are provided to include Coq code in the input files: coq_example The phrases between egin{coq_example} and end{coq_example} are evaluated and copied into the output file. Each phrase is followed by the response of the toplevel loop. coq_example* The phrases between egin{coq_example*} and end{coq_example*} are evaluated and copied into the output file. The responses of the toplevel loop are discarded. coq_eval The phrases between egin{coq_eval} and end{coq_eval} are silently evaluated. They are not copied into the output file, and the responses of the toplevel loop are discarded. The resulting LaTeX code is stored in the file file.v.tex if the input file has a name of the form file.tex, otherwise the name of the out- put file is the name of the input file with `.v.tex' appended. The files produced by coq-tex can be directly processed by LaTeX. Both the Coq phrases and the toplevel output are typeset in typewriter font. OPTIONS
-o output-file Specify the name of a file where the LaTeX output is to be stored. A dash `-' causes the LaTeX output to be printed on standard out- put. -n line-width Set the line width. The default is 72 characters. The responses of the toplevel loop are folded if they are longer than the line width. No folding is performed on the Coq input text. -image coq-image Cause the file coq-image to be executed to evaluate the Coq phrases. By default, this is the command coqtop without specifying any path which is used to evaluate the Coq phrases. -w Cause lines to be folded on a space character whenever possible, avoiding word cuts in the output. By default, folding occurs at the line width, regardless of word cuts. -v Verbose mode. Prints the Coq answers on the standard output. Useful to detect errors in Coq phrases. -sl Slanted mode. The Coq answers are written in a slanted font. -hrule Horizontal lines mode. The Coq parts are written between two horizontal lines. -small Small font mode. The Coq parts are written in a smaller font. CAVEATS
The egin... and end... phrases must sit on a line by themselves, with no characters before the backslash or after the closing brace. Each Coq phrase must be terminated by `.' at the end of a line. Blank space is accepted between `.' and the newline, but any other charac- ter will cause coq-tex to ignore the end of the phrase, resulting in an incorrect shuffling of the responses into the phrases. (The responses ``lag behind''.) SEE ALSO
coqtop (1). 29 March 1995 COQ-TEX(1)