Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Regular Expression to exclude pattern Post 302328464 by kingpin2502 on Wednesday 24th of June 2009 11:10:14 AM
Old 06-24-2009
Apologies, should have made that clear. I'm using perl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk + pattern search with regular expression

Hi , I have a file with "|" (pipe) as a delimeter. I am looking for the record count where 5th field is a number with 15 digit length only. all the records with above requirement is valid rest all are invalid. I need count of valid records and invalid records. Can anyone please help (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikash_k
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regular expression for exclude specific ip range

I need regular expression for excluding specific range. e.g. Input Data is 10.10.10.50 67.172.15.15 10.10.10.15 78.122.105.108 I would like to extract only 67.172.15.15 & 78.122.105.108. I tried with something like /(^10.10.10)/ but it's not working. Please help me on this (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrbhole
17 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

validate date pattern using Regular Expression

Hi, i am java guy and new to unix. I want to validate date pattern using Regex expression here is the sample program i have written. #!/bin/sh checkDate="2010-04-09" regex="\\d{4}-\\d{2}-\\d{2}\$" echo $regex if ] then echo "OK" else echo "not OK" fi But the ouput is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvenu88
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate time pattern using regular expression

Hi, I am new to scripting. please help me in validating the user entered time Pattern Here is the program #!/bin/bash validateTimeFormat() { checkTime=$1 timePattern="::" if ] then echo "Valid time pattern" return 1 else echo "InValid time pattern" return -1 fi } echo "Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvenu88
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression for Random pattern

What would be the regular expression that can search for a Pattern, having 8 characters out of which atleast 1 digit, 1 lower case, 1 upper case letter and 1 special character must be there. But these can occur at any place randomly. Please help me out. I'm using find $dir -name "*.txt" -exec... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradeep Kr.
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

7. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern search (regular expression in UNIX)

Hello , Could anyone help me to define the string in regular expression way . Below is my string \rtf1\ansi\deff0{\fonttbl{\f0\fswiss Helv;}{\f1\fnil MS Sans Serif;}} {\colortbl ;\red0\green0\blue0;} \viewkind4\uc1\pard\cf1\lang1033\f0\fs16 The string will always start as \rtf1 and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression repeat pattern

Hi, I'm struggling with very very simple task but dont know where I'm going wrong. Have the following file numbers.txt 1 12 123 1234 12345 123456 1234567 12345678 123456789 1234567890 9876543210 987654321 98765432 9876543 987654 98765 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
1 Replies
PG(1)								   User Commands							     PG(1)

NAME
pg - browse pagewise through text files SYNOPSIS
pg [-number] [-p string] [-cefnrs] [+line] [+/pattern/] [file...] DESCRIPTION
pg displays a text file on a CRT one screenful at once. After each page, a prompt is displayed. The user may then either press the new- line key to view the next page or one of the keys described below. If no filename is given on the command line, pg reads from standard input. If standard output is not a terminal, pg acts like cat(1) but precedes each file with its name if there is more than one. If input comes from a pipe, pg stores the data in a buffer file while reading to make navigation possible. OPTIONS
pg accepts the following options: -number The number of lines per page. Usually, this is the number of CRT lines minus one. -c Clear the screen before a page is displayed, if the terminfo entry for the terminal provides this capability. -e Do not pause and display (EOF) at the end of a file. -f Do not split long lines. -n Without this option, commands must be terminated by a newline character. With this option, pg advances once a command letter is entered. -p string Instead of the normal prompt :, string is displayed. If string contains %d, its first occurrence is replaced by the number of the current page. -r Disallow the shell escape. -s Print messages in standout mode, if the terminfo entry for the terminal provides this capability. +number Start at the given line. +/pattern/ Start at the line containing the Basic Regular Expression pattern given. USAGE
The following commands may be entered at the prompt. Commands preceded by i in this document accept a number as argument, positive or neg- ative. If this argument starts with + or -, it is interpreted relative to the current position in the input file, otherwise relative to the beginning. i<newline> Display the next or the indicated page. id or ^D Display the next halfpage. If i is given, it is always interpreted relative to the current position. il Display the next or the indicated line. if Skip a page forward. i must be a positive number and is always interpreted relative to the current position. iw or iz Behave as <newline> except that i becomes the new page size. . or ^L Redraw the screen. $ Advance to the last line of the input file. i/pattern/ Search forward until the first or the i-th occurrence of the Basic Regular Expression pattern is found. The search starts after the current page and stops at the end of the file. No wrap-around is performed. i must be a positive number. i?pattern? or i^pattern^ Search backward until the first or the i-th occurrence of the Basic Regular Expression pattern is found. The search starts before the current page and stops at the beginning of the file. No wrap-around is performed. i must be a positive number. The search commands accept an added letter. If t is given, the line containing the pattern is displayed at the top of the screen, which is the default. m selects the middle and b the bottom of the screen. The selected position is used in following searches, too. in Advance to the next file or i files forward. ip Reread the previous file or i files backward. s filename Save the current file to the given filename. h Display a command summary. !command Execute command using the shell. q or Q Quit. If the user presses the interrupt or quit key while pg reads from the input file or writes on the terminal, pg will immediately display the prompt. In all other situations these keys will terminate pg. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the behaviour of pg: COLUMNS Overrides the system-supplied number of columns if set. LANG, LC_ALL, LC_COLLATE, LC_CTYPE, LC_MESSAGES See locale(7). LINES Overrides the system-supplied number of lines if set. SHELL Used by the ! command. TERM Determines the terminal type. SEE ALSO
cat(1), more(1), sh(1), terminfo(5), locale(7), regex(7), term(7) NOTES
pg expects the terminal tabulators to be set every eight positions. Files that include NUL characters cannot be displayed by pg. AVAILABILITY
The pg command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux April 2001 PG(1)