Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Socket Programming Send File
Top Forums Programming Socket Programming Send File Post 302328159 by pludi on Tuesday 23rd of June 2009 02:34:14 PM
Old 06-23-2009
OK then, what exactly do you mean by "can't send file!"? Does recv() block, is the file corrupted, won't the program end?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Socket programming

Suppose i am writing a C program which is going to use Socket calls. I want to use a Unix port for my Socket. How can i determine a port which is not already in use? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nadeem Mistry
1 Replies

2. Programming

Socket Programming socket

Hello, I actually try to make client-server program. I'm using SCO OpenServer Release 5.0.0 and when I try to compile my code (by TELNET) I've got this error : I'm just using this simple code : and I get the same error if I use : If someone can help me, Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soshell
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

socket programming

Hello Everyone Iam working on tcp/ip programming.with some time interval server has to send data.client has to close the connection and to open the connection between the time interval.this is the scenario when iam closing the connection in client side the connection terminates.how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshvaikuntam
1 Replies

4. Programming

help regarding socket programming

i m using sockets for setting up a connection between a server and a client. When the clients gets connected to the server, its ip is conveyed to the server through one of the predefined structures in c library... i save this ip address in an array....1st client's ip address goes to the zeroth... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abmxla007
1 Replies

5. Programming

Store file into a buffer to send it through a socket

Hello, I'm doing a very simple program which reads a file and sends whatever is in the file through a socket. Like the program "file2cable". Let's say i have a file containing the following, which is a hex dump of an ARP request frame: ff ff ff ff ff ff 00 1b 24 79 5a 73 08 06 00 01 08... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: semash!
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

socket programming

can we send udp message to a destination ip address .. without having an ip address configured in our machine using recvfrom ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
2 Replies

7. Programming

Help with socket programming in C

hi guys i got this code trying to make connection between the server and multi clients but when i do ./server i got message server waiting then when i run ./client it says client 1 nosuch file i dont know whats that should i use any argument plz help how to compile and run and whats the expected... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kedah160
1 Replies

8. Programming

Socket programming

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I'm working on new project for last few days and this forum already helped me on couple of occasions. I don't have any prior experience with network programming so I'll appreciate any advise given. I'm trying to do the following: 1. open user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: _thomas
2 Replies

9. AIX

Sample C program to Send/Recieve a file using Socket

Hi All, I urgently need a Sample C program to Send/Recieve a file using Socket. Thanks Sara (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saraperu
1 Replies

10. Programming

Socket Programming file sending

Hello everyone,, I am doing one socket programming.Is it possible to send one file from client to server without using buffer??.I am sending tar files. Thanks in Advance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrew.paul
9 Replies
IPC::Run::IO(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   IPC::Run::IO(3)

NAME
IPC::Run::IO -- I/O channels for IPC::Run. SYNOPSIS
NOT IMPLEMENTED YET ON Win32! Win32 does not allow select() on normal file descriptors; IPC::RUN::IO needs to use IPC::Run::Win32Helper to do this. use IPC::Run qw( io ); ## The sense of '>' and '<' is opposite of perl's open(), ## but agrees with IPC::Run. $io = io( "filename", '>', $recv ); $io = io( "filename", 'r', $recv ); ## Append to $recv: $io = io( "filename", '>>', $recv ); $io = io( "filename", 'ra', $recv ); $io = io( "filename", '<', $send ); $io = io( "filename", 'w', $send ); $io = io( "filename", '<<', $send ); $io = io( "filename", 'wa', $send ); ## Handles / IO objects that the caller opens: $io = io( *HANDLE, '<', $send ); $f = IO::Handle->new( ... ); # Any subclass of IO::Handle $io = io( $f, '<', $send ); require IPC::Run::IO; $io = IPC::Run::IO->new( ... ); ## Then run(), harness(), or start(): run $io, ...; ## You can, of course, use io() or IPC::Run::IO->new() as an ## argument to run(), harness, or start(): run io( ... ); DESCRIPTION
This class and module allows filehandles and filenames to be harnessed for I/O when used IPC::Run, independent of anything else IPC::Run is doing (except that errors & exceptions can affect all things that IPC::Run is doing). SUBCLASSING
INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE: due to the awkwardness introduced in ripping pseudohashes out of Perl, this class no longer uses the fields pragma. SUBROUTINES
new I think it takes >> or << along with some other data. TODO: Needs more thorough documentation. Patches welcome. filename Gets/sets the filename. Returns the value after the name change, if any. init Does initialization required before this can be run. This includes open()ing the file, if necessary, and clearing the destination scalar if necessary. open If a filename was passed in, opens it. Determines if the handle is open via fileno(). Throws an exception on error. open_pipe If this is a redirection IO object, this opens the pipe in a platform independent manner. close Closes the handle. Throws an exception on failure. fileno Returns the fileno of the handle. Throws an exception on failure. mode Returns the operator in terms of 'r', 'w', and 'a'. There is a state 'ra', unlike Perl's open(), which indicates that data read from the handle or file will be appended to the output if the output is a scalar. This is only meaningful if the output is a scalar, it has no effect if the output is a subroutine. The redirection operators can be a little confusing, so here's a reference table: > r Read from handle in to process < w Write from process out to handle >> ra Read from handle in to process, appending it to existing data if the destination is a scalar. << wa Write from process out to handle, appending to existing data if IPC::Run::IO opened a named file. op Returns the operation: '<', '>', '<<', '>>'. See "mode" if you want to spell these 'r', 'w', etc. binmode Sets/gets whether this pipe is in binmode or not. No effect off of Win32 OSs, of course, and on Win32, no effect after the harness is start()ed. dir Returns the first character of $self->op. This is either "<" or ">". poll TODO: Needs confirmation that this is correct. Was previously undocumented. I believe this is polling the IO for new input and then returns undef if there will never be any more input, 0 if there is none now, but there might be in the future, and TRUE if more input was gotten. AUTHOR
Barrie Slaymaker <barries@slaysys.com> TODO
Implement bidirectionality. perl v5.16.3 2012-01-16 IPC::Run::IO(3)