Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Edited: compare two files and print mismatch Post 302327924 by rakeshawasthi on Tuesday 23rd of June 2009 01:04:48 AM
Old 06-23-2009
Why dont you give it a try... I have given you the output, you just have to format it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

to compare two files and to print the difference

suppose one file P1168S P2150L P85L Q597R R1097C Another file P2150L P85L Q597R R1097C R1379C R1587K Then output shud be R1379C R1587K thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two files and print the last row into first

suppose fileA vis vis gyh gye gyh fileB vis 23 gyh 21 gye 32 output shud be like in fileA ... vis 23 vis 23 gyh 21 gye 32 gyh 21 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare three files and insert a blank line at each mismatch

i need to compare three files in unix a.txt b.txt c.txt 1 2 1 2 5 3 4 6 5 5 6 6 i need to insert a blank line in the file if i don't find a match and put the items at the same column if found a match The items in the files... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files and mismatch report

Hi I have two files f1 and f2 and comma separated file. I need to comapre two files by field by field and not by whole line. If they match then skip the line from both the files. If they don't match write the mismatch record from f1 to f3. Assume both the files are sorted on first field. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare selected columns of two files and print whole line with mismatch

hi! i researched about comparing two columns here and got an answer. but after examining my two files, i found out that the first columns of the two files are not unique with each other. all i want to compare is the 2nd and 3rd column. FILE 1: ABS 456 315 EBS 923 163 JYQ3 654 237 FILE 2:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: engr.jay
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare columns 2 files and print

File 1 has 16 columns so does File 2 I want to remove all records from File 2 that column 1 and column 16 match between file 1 and file 2 delimter of files is ~ (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sigh2010
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files and print using awk

I have 2 files: email_1.out 1 abc@yahoo.com 2 abc_1@yahoo.com 3 abc_2@yahoo.com data_1.out <tr> 1 MAIL # 1 TO src_1 </tr> <tr><td class="hcol">col_id</td> <td class="hcol">test_dt</td> <td class="hcol">user_type</td> <td class="hcol">ct</td></tr> <tr><td... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files and print list

Hi Gents, I have 2 files as seen below. File 1: 9 1020 10 1001 11 1001 12 1002 13 1003 14 1004 15 1004 File 2: 9 1000 11 1001 12 1002 13 1003 15 1004 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
5 Replies

9. AIX

Compare two files and show the mismatch columns

I need to compare two files and find the mismatch columns in it for csv and fixed width file. Eg: file1 c1,c2,c3,c4<----columnname 1,a,4,d 2,b,5,e 3,c,6,f file2 c1,c2,c3,c4<----columnname 3,x,7,f 2,y,8,e 1,z,9,d output c2,c3<---- mismatch columname a,4 x,7 b,5 or y,8 Ok with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabzR
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare two files and print output

Hi All, i am trying to compare two files in Centos 6. F1: /tmp/d21 NAME="xvda" TYPE="disk" SIZE="40G" OWNER="root" GROUP="disk" MODE="brw-rw----" MOUNTPOINT="" NAME="xvda1" TYPE="part" SIZE="500M" OWNER="root" GROUP="disk" MODE="brw-rw----" MOUNTPOINT="/boot" NAME="xvda2" TYPE="part"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
2 Replies
MLPOST(1)						      General Commands Manual							 MLPOST(1)

NAME
mlpost - wrapper around OCaml and Metapost for the Mlpost library SYNOPSIS
mlpost [options] files... DESCRIPTION
mlpost is a program that compiles OCaml files to PostScript or PDF files using the Mlpost library. OPTIONS
-pdf Generate .mps files (default) -mp Generate .mp files -png Generate .png files -ps Generate .1 files -latex <main.tex> Scan the LaTeX prelude -eps Generate encapsulated postscript files -xpdf WYSIWYG mode using xpdf remote server (the name of the remote server is "mlpost") -v Be a bit more verbose. Otherwise nothing is printed except in case of error. -ocamlbuild Use ocamlbuild to compile -native Compile to native code -ccopt <options> Pass <options> to the Ocaml compiler -execopt <options> Pass <options> to the compiled program -version Print Mlpost version and exit -no-magic Do not parse mlpost options, do not call Metapost.dump -depend output dependency lines in a format suitable for the make(1) utility -contrib <contrib-name> compile with the specified contrib -dumpable output one name of dumpable file by line. So it print all the figures which will be created by the .ml file. -get-include-compile {cmxa|cma|dir|file} output the libraries which are needed by the library Mlpost if you want not to use the mlpost tool : - cmxa print the needed cmxa file (opt version) - cma print the needed cma file (byte version) - dir print the directories needed to be include - file print the file name inside this directory without extension -compile-name <compile-name> Keep the compiled version of the .ml file and name it <compile-name>. -dont-execute Don't execute the mlfile. So mlpost generates no figures. With this option you can check that a file compile without wasting time to generate the figures. The options -dont-execute and -compile-name can be used in conjunction to create a program which generates some figures according to some command line options. -dont-clean Don't remove intermediates files. The metapost backend use some intermediates files which are removed without this option. -cairo Use the cairo backend instead of metapost -t1disasm Set the program used to decrypt PostScript Type 1 font, only with cairo (default built-in one). This option will disappear soon. -help, --help Display the list of options SEE ALSO
mpost(1), ocamlc(1), xpdf(1). AUTHOR
Mlpost was written by Romain Bardou, Francois Bobot, Johannes Kanig, Stephane Lescuyer and Jean-Christophe Filliatre. This manual page was written by Stephane Glondu <steph@glondu.net> and completed by the Mlpost authors for the Debian project (but may be used by others). August 2009 MLPOST(1)