Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Installation of Oracle Reports 6i on Linux Post 302327895 by Pavan Pusuluri on Monday 22nd of June 2009 10:13:06 PM
Old 06-22-2009
Installation of Oracle Reports 6i on Linux

Hi,

We are planning for a report generation program in Linux.For that we are planning to use Oracle reports 6i on linux.

Could anybody please confirm if the Oracle 6i reports are compatible on Linux

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Hp-ux 11.11 and Oracle reports

HI I am battling to find why oracle reports dont work from the Oracle applications and work from the Command line Finally, whern these reports error out in the Oracle apps, I see the error that the x server killed the process. Please let me know if any one has some chi-chi sheet on the os setup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: schilukuri
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where do barcode fonts go (Oracle reports)

I have been asked to upload a font file for barcodes (3of9.ttf) to a unix server so that users of Oracle Reports on Oracle 10g can pick up this font. Where should this file be placed? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chantho
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

oracle reports from unix

i have sql script (ex:a.sql) that generates 10 csv files ex: a.csv b.csv c.csv ......... but donot want 10 separate csv files i want a single csv files with 10 different tab that contains all data is it possible from unix :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alokjyotibal
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl connect to remote oracle db without local oracle installation

I want to use Perl to connect to a remote Oracle DB I have no oracle installation on my server (and dont plan on installing one) I am using solaris 9 on x86 server. Is this possible? I basically want to run some basic sql queries on the remote oracle db which I have access to using perl on my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installation of Oracle 11g on ubuntu linux.

Dear Folks, I'm installing oracle 11g on ubuntu linux, currently I'm trying an option to increase the file system for a mount point ORACLE_HOME=/d01/oracle, for this file system the requirement to have at least 4GB free space, could you please let me know a way to increase the file system. also... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajivatnova
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to generate html reports through LINUX Scripting?

Hi All, I am trying to generate a weekly HTML report using LINUX Scripting. This will have record counts of some files. (like below) touch path/filename.html echo "Weekly Summary Report for Business Date : $P_BUS_DT">path/filename.html export A1=`cat path/filename1.txt |wc -l` echo "A1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX/Linux help in concatenation of multiple reports

Hi, I have the following reports that get generated every 1 hour and this is my requirement: 1. 5 reports get generated every hour with the names "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CTLR" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.ACCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.BCCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CCCD"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jesshelle David
1 Replies

8. Linux

Ansible installation fails on standalone Oracle Linux

I have a standalone Oracle Linux server which has no connectivity to the internet. I was following a blog which directed me to download all ansible dependent setup files and install them using the below command. # yum localinstall -y python-crypto-2.6.1-1.el7.rf.x86_64.rpm... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
Convert::NLS_DATE_FORMAT(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Convert::NLS_DATE_FORMAT(3pm)

NAME
Convert::NLS_DATE_FORMAT - Convert Oracle NLS_DATE_FORMAT <-> strftime Format Strings SYNOPSIS
use Convert::NLS_DATE_FORMAT qw(oracle2posix posix2oracle); my $strptime = oracle2posix($NLS_DATE_FORMAT); $NLS_DATE_FORMAT = posix2oracle($strftime); DESCRIPTION
Convert Oracle's NLS_DATE_FORMAT string into a strptime format string, or the reverse. Functions oracle2posix Takes an Oracle NLS_DATE_FORMAT string and converts it into formatting string compatible with "strftime" or "strptime". my $format = oracle2posix('YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'); # '%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S' Character sequences that should not be translated may be enclosed within double quotes, as specified in the Oracle documentation. my $format = oracle2posix('YYYY-MM-DD"T"HH24:MI:SS'); # '%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S' posix2oracle Takes a "strftime" or "strptime" formatting string and converts it into an Oracle NLS_DATE_FORMAT string. It is possible to create strings which Oracle will not accept as valid NLS_DATE_FORMAT strings. my $format = posix2oracle('%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S'); # 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS' EXPORT None by default. "oracle2posix" and "posix2oracle" when asked. SEE ALSO
DateTime::Format::Oracle. AUTHOR
Nathan Gray, <kolibrie@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2005, 2006, 2011, 2012 Nathan Gray This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.4 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-18 Convert::NLS_DATE_FORMAT(3pm)