Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bash Monitoring Alert Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash Monitoring Alert Script Post 302327817 by chatwizrd on Monday 22nd of June 2009 04:05:46 PM
Old 06-22-2009
You dont just ping ports. You would have to add a lot of code so it knows what to look for. If it didn't get a certain response then it would mark it as down and email you. Im sure there are scripts out there for monitoring ports.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring a file - Basic Bash Question

*This is not homework I am new to UNIX and want to try this Monitoring a file demo* *If this is the wrong forum please move it - im new to the forums* $1 = the file to be monitored $2 = the time for the file to sleep If the file gets changed (using -nt) it will send my username mail saying... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nolan-
2 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

Monitoring and Alert System

hi, i serarch monitoring and alert system. when HDD and services are down. Send email and sms alert to me and help desk. but i don't find any program. Can you help me ? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oulutas
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Monitoring script

Hi Gurus, Currently I am learning UNIX through online forums and unix blogs. I have the below requirement. I need to write a script to monitor server processes. For example, there are 3 processes currently running on the server.(java, pmrepagent, pmserver). If any of the process goes down,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need script bash alert email

Hello I have a server it is running more than 5 people Scripts I want to send a warning to the administrator for the main server All is written in the ssh strain For example, when typing the following command "ls" " rm " and other email sends the administrator for the main server About it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: x-zer0
2 Replies

5. Linux

Memory monitoring and sending alert mail to users in network using shell script

i m workiing on a shell script which may monitors network memory and send alert to user if it increase a threshold (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: navdeep5673
1 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Alert / Monitoring / Historial Data Open Source

hi guys my boss asked me for a tool to monitor and alert my Linux boxes... and some Win boxes... but not only monitor for high CPU Usage, hign memory usage and so on....he also wants a tool for historical data I mean something like I want to know the CPU Usage and memory usage for the last... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ldapsearch in monitoring script without bind password written in script

Hi I do a very simple monitoring of our OpenLDAP (runs in cronjob and generate alerts if unsuccessfull) $ ldapsearch -h hostname.domain -D "cn=monitor_user,ou=People,dc=organisation" -w "password" -b "dc=organisation" -x "(&(cn=monitor_user)(ou=People))" dn | grep -v version dn:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alert for monitoring

Dear All, I am new to unix scripting, i need to develop a alert system which get trigger when my scripts don't find any *.log file to copy from one directory to other directory. In detail my scripts run every day and it create a dummy file and check all those *.log file 1 day old and copy them... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
3 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Script to alert with email after a job got successful in monitoring tool

Hi guyz, Please send me a script which is to be sending an automatic email to particular mail id's when a job get complete with status successful. Please send me your script to my mail id : rehan.csjmu@gmail.com Thanks in Advance. ---------- Post updated at 11:33 AM ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rehan Ahmad
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
isympy(1)																 isympy(1)

NAME
isympy - interactive shell for SymPy SYNOPSIS
isympy [-c | --console] isympy [ {-h | --help} | {-v | --version} ] DESCRIPTION
isympy is a Python shell for SymPy. It is just a normal python shell (ipython shell if you have the ipython package installed) that exe- cutes the following commands so that you don't have to: >>> from __future__ import division >>> from sympy import * >>> x, y, z = symbols("xyz") >>> k, m, n = symbols("kmn", integer=True) So starting isympy is equivalent to starting python (or ipython) and executing the above commands by hand. It is intended for easy and quick experimentation with SymPy. For more complicated programs, it is recommended to write a script and import things explicitly (using the "from sympy import sin, log, Symbol, ..." idiom). OPTIONS
-c shell, --console=shell Use the specified shell (python or ipython) as console backend instead of the default one (ipython if present or python otherwise). Example: isympy -c python FILES
${HOME}/.sympy-history Saves the history of commands when using the python shell as backend. BUGS
The upstreams BTS can be found at <http://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/list> Please report all bugs that you find in there, this will help improve the overall quality of SymPy. SEE ALSO
ipython(1), python(1) 2007-10-8 isympy(1)