Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Determine differient IP in a very long record. Post 302327772 by radoulov on Monday 22nd of June 2009 03:01:16 PM
Old 06-22-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_y
[..]
if i have a file a.pl, how can i put this command into that file?
Use this code as a the Perl script:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env perl

use warnings;
use strict;

my %x;

while (<>) {
  my @F = split;
  $x{$F[5]} += $F[1];
}

print map "$_ $x{$_}\n", 
  sort { $x{$b} <=> $x{$a} } keys %x;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Record too long for awk

I am trying to generate a small report with the help of awk. The contents are present in a file whose last line is very long. I can't shorten this line as its generated after a lot of processing. On reading this file awk says record "starting of line ..." too long record number 30 Now... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Record Length too long -- AWK Problem

Hi All, I have a txt file which is an export of a query result from the database. The txt file contains 'Processid#sqlquery' from the database table.As the sqlquery is too long.... i am unable to get the fields seperated using the awk script as below:- cat sql.txt | awk -F'#' '{printf $2}'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatajay_18
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split long record into csv file

Hi I receive a mainframe file which has very long records (1100 chars) with no field delimiters. I need to parse each record and output a comma delimited (csv) file. The record layout is fixed. If there weren't so many fields and records I would read the file into Excel, as a "fixed width"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: wvdeijk
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

plus values from two files in differient rows

Hi Guys :), I have two files. filea: 12:20:23 4 12:21:23 3 12:22:23 2 12:25:23 3 fileb: 11:20:23 4 12:21:23 3 12:22:23 2 12:26:23 3 12:30:23 3 The result will be: 11:20:23 4 12:20:23 4 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

plus values from two files differient fields.

Hi Everyone, I have two files: filea: Sun Jun 21 14:37:56 2009 1 2 3 Sun Jun 21 11:47:16 2009 2 3 4 fileb: Sun Jun 21 14:37:56 2009 1 2 3 Sun Jun 21 11:47:17 2009 33 44 55 The output is filec: Sun Jun 21... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

determine the active processes on the system which are running since long time

Hi , Please help me shell script to determine the active processes on the system which are running since long time (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itian2010
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Record too long error while running awk

I have written below script to add substring in a file containing fixed length record, but when I run below script I get error as: ERROR: awk: record `22503004502488344040...' too long My fixed length record has length around 2000, each file is having 5000 records and total number of files is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devesh5683
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk: record too long

Hi All , I am getting record too long for the below command . nawk -F\" '{a=a" "$2} END{for(i in a) print i,a }' test|sort|awk '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) t=t"\t"$i;if(NF>max)max=NF} END{for(i=1;i<=max;i++)print t }' File test has 850 records ... Please help.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saj
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract timestamp from first record in xml file and it checks if not it will replace first record

I have test.xml <emp><id>101</id><name>AAA</name><date>06/06/14 1811</date></emp> <Join><id>101</id><city>london</city><date>06/06/14 2011</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>new york</city><date>06/06/14 1811</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>sydney</city><date>06/06/14... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsraju
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Long file record

riends I have the following problem: test.txt I have a file that has the following contents: is a fixed-length file to the end of the number 12 has spaces, so that it is fixed length 123456789 123456789 123456789 12 This code shows me the length of each record, but in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
2 Replies
Locale::Po4a::Pod(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Locale::Po4a::Pod(3)

NAME
Locale::Po4a::Pod - convert POD data from/to PO files SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Po4a::Pod; my $parser = Locale::Po4a::Pod->new (sentence => 0, width => 78); # Read POD from STDIN and write to STDOUT. $parser->parse_from_filehandle; # Read POD from file.pod and write to file.txt. $parser->parse_from_file ('file.pod', 'file.txt'); DESCRIPTION
Locale::Po4a::Pod is a module to help the translation of documentation in the POD format (the preferred language for documenting Perl) into other [human] languages. STATUS OF THIS MODULE
I think that this module is rock stable, and there is only one known bug with /usr/lib/perl5/Tk/MainWindow.pod (and some other pages, see below) which contains: C<" #n"> Lack of luck, in the po4a version, this was split on the space by the wrapping. As result, in the original version, the man page contains " #n" and mine contains "" #n"" which is logic since C<foobar> is rewritten "foobar". Complete list of pages having this problem on my box (from 564 pages; note that it depends on the chosen wrapping column): /usr/lib/perl5/Tk/MainWindow.pod /usr/share/perl/5.8.0/overload.pod /usr/share/perl/5.8.0/pod/perlapi.pod /usr/share/perl/5.8.0/pod/perldelta.pod /usr/share/perl/5.8.0/pod/perlfaq5.pod /usr/share/perl/5.8.0/pod/perlpod.pod /usr/share/perl/5.8.0/pod/perlre.pod /usr/share/perl/5.8.0/pod/perlretut.pod INTERNALS
As a derived class from Pod::Parser, Locale::Po4a::Pod supports the same methods and interfaces. See Pod::Parser for all the details; briefly, one creates a new parser with "Locale::Po4a::Pod->new()" and then calls either parse_from_filehandle() or parse_from_file(). new() can take options, in the form of key/value pairs, that control the behavior of the parser. The recognized options common to all Pod::Parser children are: alt If set to a true value, selects an alternate output format that, among other things, uses a different heading style and marks =item entries with a colon in the left margin. Defaults to false. code If set to a true value, the non-POD parts of the input file will be included in the output. Useful for viewing code documented with POD blocks with the POD rendered and the code left intact. indent The number of spaces to indent regular text, and the default indentation for =over blocks. Defaults to 4. loose If set to a true value, a blank line is printed after a =head1 heading. If set to false (the default), no blank line is printed after =head1, although one is still printed after =head2. This is the default because it's the expected formatting for manual pages; if you're formatting arbitrary text documents, setting this to true may result in more pleasing output. quotes Sets the quote marks used to surround C<> text. If the value is a single character, it is used as both the left and right quote; if it is two characters, the first character is used as the left quote and the second as the right quote; and if it is four characters, the first two are used as the left quote and the second two as the right quote. This may also be set to the special value none, in which case no quote marks are added around C<> text. sentence If set to a true value, Locale::Po4a::Pod will assume that each sentence ends in two spaces, and will try to preserve that spacing. If set to false, all consecutive whitespace in non-verbatim paragraphs is compressed into a single space. Defaults to true. width The column at which to wrap text on the right-hand side. Defaults to 76. SEE ALSO
Pod::Parser, Locale::Po4a::Man(3pm), Locale::Po4a::TransTractor(3pm), po4a(7) AUTHORS
Denis Barbier <barbier@linuxfr.org> Martin Quinson (mquinson#debian.org) COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2002 by SPI, inc. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of GPL (see the COPYING file). perl v5.14.2 2012-05-17 Locale::Po4a::Pod(3)