Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File need to send to xls as one complete cell Post 302327757 by Scott on Monday 22nd of June 2009 02:07:09 PM
Old 06-22-2009
Hi Rakesh.

Perhaps if you'd give more details about the format of the file? i.e. is it a real XLS file (prabably not if you say it only has 10 lines), or a (CSV-style) text file.

If the data isn't sensitive, perhaps you could post it, if it's only 10 lines, otherwise give us the gist of how it looks (including funny control-looking stuff).

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unique cell vaules in a file

I have a file in which I have records as follows -------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2-sister-birmbb-s0005.ftip002590790.vpn-nte.bt.net BRI0 0 0 0 aber-con-dyce-s0006.ftip002732992.vpn-nte.bt.net ATM0 0 0 0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH complete-filename & menu-complete together

Hi, Does anyone know how to make BASH provide a list of possible completions on the first tab, and then start cycling through the possibilites on the next tab? Right now this is what I have in my .bashrc: bind "set show-all-if-ambiguous on" bind \\C-o:menu-complete This allows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mithu
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting xls file to txt file and xls to csv

I need to convert an excel file into a text file and an excel file into a CSV file.. any code to do that is appreciated thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bandar007
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Converting .csv file into .xls file and send it to inbox

Hi All, I wrote a script to extract data from Oracle DB and place it in a text file , and I have coverted .txt file into comma seperated .csv file and I sent it to my mail box . I can get .xls file in my inbox.I am getting all data in same column and in different rows , without column... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krthkmuthu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract the data from database (oracle) and send the output as an .xls file?

Hi, How to extract the data from Oracle database and sent the output data to mails using mailx command with .xls attachement? Here i know how to connect the database using unix shell script and how to use the mailx command in UNIX script But i don't know how to use the .xls format file (i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to add two values in the same cell of CSV file

I need help to create a csv file with Unix command. In csv file, i need to put two values in the same cell. Rite now, whts happening is, if i put 2 values in the same cell, its comming as " asd, zxc" but i want it in different line but in same cell. asd zxc Please reply me ASAP. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prashant Jain
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract last cell of csv file

How do I extract the last cell in a column of a csv file using linux shell scripting? Or alternatively, how do I get the number of cells of a csv file? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse excel file with html on each cell

<DIV><P>Pré-condição aceder ao ecrã Home do MRS.</P></DIV><DIV><P>OK.</P></DIV><DIV><P>Seleccionar Pesquisa de Recepção Directa.</P></DIV><DIV><P>Confirmar que abriu ecrã de Recepção Directa.</P></DIV><DIV> (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: oliveiraum
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging Multiple XLS into Different tabs in xls/ xlsx

HI, I have multiple files per dept in folder for eg : In a folder File1_Dept100.xls File2_Dept100.xls File3_Dept100.xls File1_Dept200.xls File2_Dept200.xls File3_Dept200.xls Output should be : Dept100.xls which has File1, File2, File3 in different tabs Dept200.xls which has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkyzrocks
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Merge Text with space into once cell and send email out

Please help!! This code works perfect but the only problem I am having is that is treats eg SQL Developer as separate cell/column which makes the formatting bad. I want to put SQL Developer in one cell. I attached a sample of how the output looks like. report.txt USERNAME OSUSER ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lpoolfc
5 Replies
cldump(1)							   User Manuals 							 cldump(1)

NAME
cldump - Clarion database extractor SYNOPSIS
cldump [options] database.dat DESCRIPTION
cldump extracts the data contained in a Clarion database; Clarion is a Windows IDE similar to Delphi or others, and has its own (simple) database format. cldump can extract the data contained in such a database, and export it to CSV, SQL (including the database schema, keys and indexes) or its own format (this format will give you all the meta information, but isn't easily parsable). A Clarion database consists in a set of files : .DAT files contain the data, .Kxx files contain the key/index data, .MEM files contain the memo entries associated to the data. OPTIONS
-x n, --decrypt n Decrypt an encrypted file. Required argument n indicates the location where the key will be retrieved. Valid values are in the range 1 - 4 inclusive. n = 1 usually works. Decryption happens in-place so KEEP A BACKUP as there is no guarantee the decryption process won't fail. Encrypted files must be decrypted before they can be dumped. Note that only the data file and the memo file are decrypted in this process; key/index files are left untouched as cldump doesn't use them. -d, --dump-active Dump active entries only -D, --dump-data Dump the actual data (active and deleted entries) -m, --dump-meta Dump meta information (no SQL or CSV output format exist for this option) -f c, --field-separator c Set the field separator to character c. Only valid for CSV output (see below). -c, --csv Dump data or schema in CSV format -S, --sql Dump data or schema in SQL format -s, --schema Dump database schema -M, --mysql Use MySQL specific construct (backticks, ...) -n, --no-memo Do not dump memo entries -U[charset], --utf8[=charset] Transcode strings and memos from charset to UTF-8 (charset defaults to ISO8859-1; for the list of supported charsets, see iconv --list) OUTPUT
cldump outputs the data to stdout or stderr depending on the output format selected, the data to extract and the type of the data (data, meta data). BUGS
The SQL output could be improved. Not all the types supported by the Clarion database format are implemented yet (due to lack of test data- bases using these types of data); see the source code for details. Please report bugs to jb@jblache.org; if possible, please send patches as the set of test databases I have is very limited. AUTHOR
cldump was written by Julien BLACHE <jb@jblache.org>. HOMEPAGE
http://www.technologeek.org/projects/cldump/ Linux November 2010 cldump(1)