Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix file list customisation
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix file list customisation Post 302327680 by Scott on Monday 22nd of June 2009 10:07:27 AM
Old 06-22-2009
Phew. Thought I messed up again there.

This is the same thing for a recursive search:

Code:
find . -name file1 | sed -e "s|^.|$PWD|"

---------- Post updated at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:06 AM ----------

Direct the output to a file and VI (or emacs, or whatever) it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx sender address customisation

Hi All, I'm on UNIX -Solaris... I'm trying to send mail usin Mailx..... The script is working fine and attachments are also being sent.... BUT, when I receive the mail,, the sender address shown is the unix login id name.... Any way by which I could manipulate this in my script command or any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasan_srini
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another customisation for my computer

Hey, this time, I want my rhythmbox to play a different playlist at a set time (about sleeping time). my shellcode works, since if i run it it works, but when i make crontab run it, nothing happens. I try appending commands to the code, such as cp a file, and that occurs, so I have no idea what is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davidY
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list out a file using unix command

Hi, Iam a new member of this group I have got one issue I wanna to find out one file like *.pll in a remote server using unix command i tried giving ls but it wont work acc to my expectation since ls list out the file only in a particular directory eg in C DRIVE I SHUD BE ABLE TO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmerin
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help with sorting sequence in Unix C:sort -t ':' +0 -1 -n +1 -2 +2 -3 -o list list

Hi List is 000|2008-07-17|556543|RTJ|35-RTGJ|EYT 465|2008-11-10|567789|GHJ|45-DGHH|ETU 533|2008-09-06|567789|GHJ|45-DGHH|ETU How does it do it? sort -t ':' +0 -1 -n +1 -2 +2 -3 -o list list (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurvinder
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to list locked file in unix?

Hi, I want to list out all files which are lock by some process. ex- ~/critical I want to list all files in critical directory which has been locked. I need this very badly. Any suggestion highly appriciated. Regards, Ashok (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashokd001
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix: extract a specific list of lines from a file

I would like to extract specific lines from a file and output them into another file. Each line in the file has a unique ID, and I have a specific list of IDs (that are not consecutive) that I wish to extract. for example: 1 aaaaaa bbbcb cccccc 2 aaaaaa bbbbb cccccd 3 aaaaaa bbbab... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mert2481
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert perl qw list to text file list?

Does anyone have a good example? I am having trouble looping.. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take a list if strings from a file and search them in a list of files and report them

I have a file 1.txt with the below contents. -----cat 1.txt----- 1234 5678 1256 1234 1247 ------------------- I have 3 more files in a folder -----ls -lrt------- A1.txt A2.txt A3.txt ------------------- The contents of those three files are similar format with different data values... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: realspirituals
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deletion of list of user based on a text file In LDAP UNIX server

Dear All, It would be really nice, if you could help me to write a script for deletion of list of user( more than 15000 users) stored in a file and sorted by email address( i need deletion of only a particular type of mail address). Is the any script to write and take the file as input and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chand
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need help with UNIX command to get the latest file from list of files with timestamp

Hi All, I have list of files like below with name abcxyz.timestamp. I need a unix command to pick the latest file from the list of below files. Here in this case the lates file is abcxyz.20190304103200. I have used this unix command "ls abcxyz*|tail -1" but i heard that it is not the appropriate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshp
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)