Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris BigAdmin RSS Features Removed From the Solaris Operating System Post 302327613 by Linux Bot on Monday 22nd of June 2009 08:30:00 AM
Old 06-22-2009
Features Removed From the Solaris Operating System

These end-of-software-support announcements are current, as of the Solaris 10 5/09 Operating System. Also lists earlier Solaris 10 end-of-software statements.

More...

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Solaris Operating System.

hello there ! I have a question about Sun O.S. if i will buy the Solaris Media Kit for Solaris 8 O.S , it will include Solaris server ? I want practise for System Administration, would i be able to do that with Solaris O.S ? I have windows me installed on my computer, if i will install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Required installation steps for perl 5.8.9 on Solaris 2.8 operating system

Hi Can any one suggest me the instalation guideline for perl 5.8.9 on UNIX/solaris 2.8 environment. Pooja (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wadhwa.pooja
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux is kernel and solaris is operating system

Hi I was reading some weblog on the internet and someone made an interesting statement. <quote> Linux is kernel and solaris is operating system </quote> Honestly I don't understand the difference between term kernel and operating system in above quote. Could you explain me more ? thx... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
4 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.5 2011-08-13 URI::URL(3)