Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Parameters to check while differentiating two servers Post 302327544 by amitranjansahu on Monday 22nd of June 2009 05:25:52 AM
Old 06-22-2009
/usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag

psrinfo -v

prtconf

You can use these commands to check the difference in hardware

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to check rsh/rcp between 2 servers

Hi, I need to check if rsh and rcp are enabled between to servers. What is the command to check both ? Servers : SunOS 5.10 Generic_120011-14 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V445 SA says that it is configured , so what setting I need to do ? These must be enable for ORACLE id on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reply2soumya
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parameters check

Is there a way to preform check if the parameters that was send with the command awk -f `file_name.awk` `input_file` before even it gets to the BEGIN section (i have tested a try to check in the BEGIN it doesn't let ,you must make it on the section that after the BEGIN) and then decide if the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tal
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Need to check the connectivity between 2 servers

Hi All, I need an automation script to check the connectivity between 2 UNIX servers. Could anybody please help in this regards? regards, janardhan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rjanardhan83
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check parameters

Hi, I have a script that takes two parameters. I would check the script to run if these parameters are to null or come with the correct data. If those parameters are to null, display a message, so if they come with two facts that are incorrect. As you might see that? Thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pepeli30
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check that passed parameters all have the same extension?

$ ls monkey.txt banana.csv tree.txt $ myscript monkey.txt tree.txt All extensions ARE alike. $ myscript *txt All extensions ARE alike. $ myscript monkey.txt banana.csv All extensions are NOT alike. $ myscript * All extensions are NOT alike. My brain has given up; what's the simplest... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cs03dmj
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check on parameters

Hi I have a script that reads a directory name, and then prints all de items in that directory. Now that works, but I want to check on the parameters to be sure that the user has write just 1 parameter, and if not, than the script closes. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hss
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

check parameters

hi all, i write a script in ksh but i have a problem I want to check the number of parameters while ] do echo "Inserisci la macchina che vuoi restorare o scrivi fine per terminare lo script, puoi restorare" $a "client: " read CLIENT echo $CLIENT the variable... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FrancescoIt
1 Replies

8. Linux

How to check CFG2HTML for Linux servers?

Hi, Could someone please let me know how to How to check CFG2HTML for Linux servers? I am new for OS end. Thanks, Vivek. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Viv_kadam
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i check if all parameters are set in bash?

Hi, I have 4 parameters passed to my shell and i validate if all four are entered using the following snippet: if then echo "Not entered" else echo "entered" fi I get the following output as 'Not entered even when i enter the values for all prompts. Please advise. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jesshelle David
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to check login across multiple servers

I need to manually interactively feed in my password for each server one after the other. Below is the script I am using: #!/bin/bash input="serverlist.txt" while IFS= read -r var <&3 do echo $var ssh user1@$var done 3< "$input" I get password prompt for the first server. If I dont have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
prtdiag(1M)                                                                                                                            prtdiag(1M)

NAME
prtdiag - display system diagnostic information SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/prtdiag [-v] [-l] prtdiag displays system configuration and diagnostic information on sun4u and sun4v systems. The diagnostic information lists any failed field replaceable units (FRUs) in the system. The interface, output, and location in the directory hierarchy for prtdiag are uncommitted and subject to change in future releases. prtdiag does not display diagnostic information and environmental status when executed on the Sun Enterprise 10000 server. See the /var/opt/SUNWssp/adm/${SUNW_HOSTNAME}/messages file on the system service processor (SSP) to obtain such information for this server. The following options are supported: -l Log output. If failures or errors exist in the system, output this information to syslogd(1M) only. -v Verbose mode. Displays the time of the most recent AC Power failure, and the most recent hardware fatal error information, and (if applicable) environmental status. The hardware fatal error information is useful to repair and manufacturing for detailed diagnos- tics of FRUs. The following exit values are returned: 0 No failures or errors are detected in the system. 1 Failures or errors are detected in the system. 2 An internal prtdiag error occurred, for example, out of memory. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWkvm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable* | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ *The output is unstable. modinfo(1M), prtconf(1M), psrinfo(1M), sysdef(1M), syslogd(1M), attributes(5), openprom(7D) NOTES
Not all diagnostic and system information is available on every Solaris platforn, and therefore cannot be displayed by prtdiag. On those platforms, further information can be obtained from the System Controller. 29 Aug 2005 prtdiag(1M)