Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Parameters to check while differentiating two servers Post 302327540 by usha rao on Monday 22nd of June 2009 04:53:03 AM
Old 06-22-2009
Parameters to check while differentiating two servers

Hi All,
I have two solaris servers.
Please tell me what all parameters i can check to find out the difference between two servers.
how to differentiate based on H/W,S/W etc
like i have two servers
Code:

spdwa013 $ uname -an
SunOS spdwa013 5.8 Generic_117350-61 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R

and 

[oasis.spdwa530] uname -an
SunOS spdwa530 5.8 Generic_117350-61 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440

Any help?
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to check rsh/rcp between 2 servers

Hi, I need to check if rsh and rcp are enabled between to servers. What is the command to check both ? Servers : SunOS 5.10 Generic_120011-14 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V445 SA says that it is configured , so what setting I need to do ? These must be enable for ORACLE id on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reply2soumya
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parameters check

Is there a way to preform check if the parameters that was send with the command awk -f `file_name.awk` `input_file` before even it gets to the BEGIN section (i have tested a try to check in the BEGIN it doesn't let ,you must make it on the section that after the BEGIN) and then decide if the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tal
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Need to check the connectivity between 2 servers

Hi All, I need an automation script to check the connectivity between 2 UNIX servers. Could anybody please help in this regards? regards, janardhan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rjanardhan83
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check parameters

Hi, I have a script that takes two parameters. I would check the script to run if these parameters are to null or come with the correct data. If those parameters are to null, display a message, so if they come with two facts that are incorrect. As you might see that? Thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pepeli30
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check that passed parameters all have the same extension?

$ ls monkey.txt banana.csv tree.txt $ myscript monkey.txt tree.txt All extensions ARE alike. $ myscript *txt All extensions ARE alike. $ myscript monkey.txt banana.csv All extensions are NOT alike. $ myscript * All extensions are NOT alike. My brain has given up; what's the simplest... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cs03dmj
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check on parameters

Hi I have a script that reads a directory name, and then prints all de items in that directory. Now that works, but I want to check on the parameters to be sure that the user has write just 1 parameter, and if not, than the script closes. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hss
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

check parameters

hi all, i write a script in ksh but i have a problem I want to check the number of parameters while ] do echo "Inserisci la macchina che vuoi restorare o scrivi fine per terminare lo script, puoi restorare" $a "client: " read CLIENT echo $CLIENT the variable... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FrancescoIt
1 Replies

8. Linux

How to check CFG2HTML for Linux servers?

Hi, Could someone please let me know how to How to check CFG2HTML for Linux servers? I am new for OS end. Thanks, Vivek. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Viv_kadam
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i check if all parameters are set in bash?

Hi, I have 4 parameters passed to my shell and i validate if all four are entered using the following snippet: if then echo "Not entered" else echo "entered" fi I get the following output as 'Not entered even when i enter the values for all prompts. Please advise. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jesshelle David
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to check login across multiple servers

I need to manually interactively feed in my password for each server one after the other. Below is the script I am using: #!/bin/bash input="serverlist.txt" while IFS= read -r var <&3 do echo $var ssh user1@$var done 3< "$input" I get password prompt for the first server. If I dont have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Pyzor(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Pyzor(3)

NAME
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Pyzor - perform Pyzor check of messages SYNOPSIS
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Pyzor DESCRIPTION
Pyzor is a collaborative, networked system to detect and block spam using identifying digests of messages. See http://pyzor.sourceforge.net/ for more information about Pyzor. USER OPTIONS
use_pyzor (0|1) (default: 1) Whether to use Pyzor, if it is available. pyzor_max NUMBER (default: 5) This option sets how often a message's body checksum must have been reported to the Pyzor server before SpamAssassin will consider the Pyzor check as matched. As most clients should not be auto-reporting these checksums, you should set this to a relatively low value, e.g. 5. ADMINISTRATOR OPTIONS
pyzor_timeout n (default: 3.5) How many seconds you wait for Pyzor to complete, before scanning continues without the Pyzor results. You can configure Pyzor to have its own per-server timeout. Set this plugin's timeout with that in mind. This plugin's timeout is a maximum ceiling. If Pyzor takes longer than this to complete its communication with all servers, no results are used by SpamAssassin. Pyzor servers do not yet synchronize their servers, so it can be beneficial to check and report to more than one. See the pyzor-users mailing list for alternate servers that are not published via 'pyzor discover'. If you are using multiple Pyzor servers, a good rule of thumb would be to set the SpamAssassin plugin's timeout to be the same or just a bit more than the per-server Pyzor timeout (e.g., 3.5 and 2 for two Pyzor servers). If more than one of your Pyzor servers is always timing out, consider removing one of them. pyzor_options options Specify additional options to the pyzor(1) command. Please note that only characters in the range [0-9A-Za-z ,._/-] are allowed for security reasons. pyzor_path STRING This option tells SpamAssassin specifically where to find the "pyzor" client instead of relying on SpamAssassin to find it in the current PATH. Note that if taint mode is enabled in the Perl interpreter, you should use this, as the current PATH will have been cleared. perl v5.16.3 2011-06-06 Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Pyzor(3)