Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Wrong Solaris version displayed Post 302327467 by TonyFullerMalv on Sunday 21st of June 2009 07:11:24 PM
Old 06-21-2009
At the risk of stating the obvious:

If the uname binary has been replaced by a script then running:
Code:
# file `type uname`

will confirm it, in which case find the correct uname binary (e.g. go to /sbin and do an ls of uname*) move uname out of the way and move the ELF binary version version of uname back in place.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

What's wrong with my system? Solaris not booting.

Booting the 32-bit OS ... SunOS Release 5.7 Version Generic_106541-31 Copyright (c) 1983-2002, Sun Microsystems, Inc. configuring network interfaces: le0. Hostname: wz-ultra1 metainit: wz-ultra1: there are no existing databases The system is coming up. Please wait. checking ufs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CollenM
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris version formating

Please tell me what are the meanings of the different parts in solaris version number: for example: Solaris 10 8/07 Solaris 10 11/06 Solaris 10 6/06 Solaris 10 1/06 What is meaning of different parts. what is difference b/w above versions. Please also tell me where I can found... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Command to know Solaris version

Hi, Can anybody give me the command to know what is the solaris version which is running on a server? Thanks Amit (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 8 booting from wrong device

Hi, I'm trying to boot solaris 8 box and it seems to boot off from wrong device: ok boot -s Boot device: /pci@1f,0/pci@1/scsi@8/disk@0,0:a File and args: -s SunOS Release 5.8 Version Generic_108528-20 64-bit Copyright 1983-2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. ifconfig:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Generic and Solaris Version

I am going to upgrade RAM in V240, I updated the ALOM with version 1.6 and have will update PROM on boot of server, but RAM needs Solaris 9 8/03 or later and from uname -a I get: SunOS name1 5.9 Generic_117171-05 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 not sure what version of Solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris version

Hi all, a stupid question about a command to check the Solaris Version, I'm working on Solaris 10 and I need to check that the Version is " 10 " with a UNIX command. I just used " uname -a " command but I had this result: SunOS dev510 5.10 Generic_118833-36 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4 so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
2 Replies

7. Solaris

what is the command to see the java version in solaris 8 and solaris 10

what is the command to see the java version in solaris 8 and solaris 10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Prep for Oracle Installation on solaris 10 gone wrong

Hi All, I was trying to install Oracle 10g on Solaris 10 using instructions of Solaris 8. I realized about the document mismatch later on. There are some changes enlisted in the Solaris 8 set up which are not applicable to Solaris 10. I came to know about this when the IP address in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumeet
1 Replies

9. Solaris

solaris version confusion

Hello sorry for this stupid question - but i have a Solaris 10 10/08 s10x_u6wos_07b server - and i dont know, what does this versioninfo "10/08 u6" mean - i think it is the version from installdate. but i often installed recommendet patchsets - i think a patchset doesn´t change the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roorbacj
3 Replies

10. Solaris

How to read this Solaris version:-Solaris 8 HW 5/03 s28s_hw2wos_06a SPARC?

Hi Guys, Could you please tell me how to read this Solaris version:- Solaris 8 HW 5/03 s28s_hw2wos_06a SPARC Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
3 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)